• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Bring Back The Bruise Bros

News From Around the NHL *Mod warning page 75*

Rate this topic

11 minutes ago, krsmith17 said:

Why keep things status quo though? I'm far from a Blashill hater. I think he's a lot better coach than he gets credit for. This team isn't winning s***, regardless who's behind the bench, but losing this often, this badly, something's gotta give. Consistently getting blown out in games is not good for morale. If Gallant wants a job tomorrow, it should be his. In saying that, I wouldn't be completely against letting Blashill finish off the season, but after an 8-2 thumping last night, now is as good a time as any to let him go. I'm sure Gallant has a soft spot for Detroit and the Red Wing, and is great friends with Yzerman, so I'm sure he'd take the job, if Yzerman wants him...

Im just not comfortable with a 12 pt lead for last spot, as awful as we are i feel like we should have way more of a lead to get guaranteed top 4 pick. We win 5 straight and l.a/sens keep losing this horrendous season thus far might end up being for nothing

I get no pleasure watching us get slaughtered but im just keeping my eyes on the prize and thinking of the draft . You can say this team aint winning s*** and you might be right but why take the chance? Why go from guaranteed last spot to 3/4, drop 3 spots and get 6/7 again

I will admit after seeing the score be 6, then 7-1 i was telling myself please dont let us lose 10/11/12 to 1 cause i couldnt see how he’d have no choice but to fire him . Ive wanted him gone for so long but at this point like i said i just keep thinking to myself 3 more months of this ham and its over.

Yup i thought the same thing with gallant being an ex teammate and ex redwing and how he might have a chance of coming over . I also think if yzerman told him to unwind and recoup and get ready when the time comes he’d consider it , he’s getting paid either way and id be surprised if he jumped ship right away to a new team unless it was a possible contender. Montreal media here keeps talking about bringing him over but i dont know why he would come to this trainwreck of a media 

3 more months man... 3 more months 

4 minutes ago, nyqvististhefuture said:

Like i said , we somehow win 4-5 games and those teams keep losing all of a sudden 12 becomes 2/4 pts, still 35 games ... id feel better with closer to 20 haha

This thing isn't going to get any better IMO. You'll get your wish. 

47 minutes ago, marcaractac said:

Firing him for the sake of making a change would be stupid, yes. If Yzerman feels there is a better option available, then he should pursue that. Firing Blash because of the last couple blowouts solves nothing. 

As you know, I've long been a Blashill supporter, but at some point someone needs to take the heat for all the blowouts. There's been a LOT. That's usually the coach. I agree though, if Yzerman doesn't see a suitable replacement out of the coaches available now (/this summer), I'm completely fine with riding it out with Blash. I could see Yzerman and Gallant reuniting though, and I wouldn't hate it.

1 minute ago, krsmith17 said:

As you know, I've long been a Blashill supporter, but at some point someone needs to take the heat for all the blowouts. There's been a LOT. That's usually the coach. I agree though, if Yzerman doesn't see a suitable replacement out of the coaches available now (/this summer), I'm completely fine with riding it out with Blash. I could see Yzerman and Gallant reuniting though, and I wouldn't hate it.

This case it's been Howard. I would not hate changing to Gallant. At all. But I'm also fine with Blash. Just staying away from the old boys club is all I hope for. 

15 minutes ago, marcaractac said:

This case it's been Howard. I would not hate changing to Gallant. At all. But I'm also fine with Blash. Just staying away from the old boys club is all I hope for. 

But isn't Gallant exactly that? "The Old Boys Club"?

23 minutes ago, krsmith17 said:

But isn't Gallant exactly that? "The Old Boys Club"?

Maybe? I dunno, he just doesn;t seem to have been a head coach in the league as long as many other who keep getting rehired have. Like, I don't get what anyone sees in DeBoer. Yet he keeps getting hired, and subsequently fired. 

10 minutes ago, marcaractac said:

Maybe? I dunno, he just doesn;t seem to have been a head coach in the league as long as many other who keep getting rehired have. Like, I don't get what anyone sees in DeBoer. Yet he keeps getting hired, and subsequently fired. 

Meh. Got to the finals twice with two different teams in 12 years and the conference finals once. Basically he's had more playoff success than Gallant. But he looks like a loser. Apparently how a coach looks matters to me. Spoiled from years of Flo-cock, Handsome coach. 

21 minutes ago, The 91 of Ryans said:

Meh. Got to the finals twice with two different teams in 12 years and the conference finals once. Basically he's had more playoff success than Gallant. But he looks like a loser. Apparently how a coach looks matters to me. Spoiled from years of Flo-cock, Handsome coach. 

Babcock may have nice hair, but he's an ugly son of a b****... Blashill is a better looking dude, even with his lack of hair and facial expressions...

Just now, krsmith17 said:

Babcock may have nice hair, but he's an ugly son of a b****... Blashill is a better looking dude, even with his lack of hair and facial expressions...

@krsmith17 male pattern baldness confirmed :lol:

(I kid)

Blashill looks like a drunk church nerd allllll the time

(I don't kid)

1 hour ago, The 91 of Ryans said:

(I kid)

(I don't kid)

Lol nah, I have a full head of hair. Starting to get some grey's though... 

Doesn't matter. Yzerman destroys both...

ea1144a38b0da5939fccbe5ad38149f7.jpg.ada283d03be6fcb5036b0e68c95b5dee.jpg

31 minutes ago, krsmith17 said:

Doesn't matter. Yzerman destroys both...

ea1144a38b0da5939fccbe5ad38149f7.jpg.ada283d03be6fcb5036b0e68c95b5dee.jpg

Boss Hunky right there. We could hire Mike Ricci as coach and still be sexy af

33 minutes ago, krsmith17 said:

Kids will do that

2 hours ago, The 91 of Ryans said:

(I kid)

(I don't kid)

Blashill looks like he'd make love to me. With passion and romance. Really treat me right. Make me feel special and loved.

Babcock looks like he'd f*** me. Pure domination, but it would be exhilarating.

Gallant looks he'd drink too much and touch me between the legs when I'm not looking

17 minutes ago, ely s said:

https://www.nhl.com/news/david-backes-placed-on-waivers-boston-bruins/c-314065214

might be a bad contract worth taking, depending on the return

I assume you mean if he clears waivers. Yes, I agree. These are the types of trades I hope Yzerman is looking to make at the deadline.