• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Bring Back The Bruise Bros

News From Around the NHL *Mod warning page 75*

Rate this topic

51 minutes ago, krsmith17 said:

Backes for Nielsen (50% retained)...

That would only save the Bruins 1.25 mil in actual salary next season and would add an extra years salary at 1.5 mil the following. They actually end up spending more in the long run and have more salary tied up for an extra year. 

I think they say no.

25 minutes ago, Neomaxizoomdweebie said:

That would only save the Bruins 1.25 mil in actual salary next season and would add an extra years salary at 1.5 mil the following. They actually end up spending more in the long run and have more salary tied up for an extra year. 

I think they say no.

I wasn't being serious... Of course they say no.

4 hours ago, The 91 of Ryans said:

I feel like we don't talk enough about what a crazy m*****f***** Ed Belfour is.

https://www.tsn.ca/nhl-legend-ed-belfour-arrested-in-kentucky-on-charges-of-mischief-intoxication-1.1433951

I recall how Dallas PD was called to break up a fracas at a ritzy hotel.

A coked-up, and intoxicated Belfour smacked around the prostitute in his room, and when it spilled down into the lobby the security guards got involved along with the coppers.

After getting placed in the squad car was when Belfour bribed them.

I can only imagine how he spends his time retired...

Edited by F.Michael

Bummer. I thought I saw him skating funny a couple times, was worried this was the case. 

This season just keeps getting less and less fun, even when I think It's not possible. It's actually sort of remarkable. I'm scared if I say "well at least we still have Fabbri" he's going to go down too. 

Well at least AA is ready to step in, hopefully he stops sucking ass now that he's healthy. 

Edited by Wheelchairsuperhero

6 hours ago, nyqvististhefuture said:

Jack campbell traded to the maple leafs ... im shocked they didnt wanna give us 1sts or 2nds for bernier

I know you're trying to be a smartass, but no one said that the Leafs were going to trade for Bernier, or that if we do trade Bernier to whatever team, that he would get us "1st's or 2nd's"...

Some thought the Leafs might show interest (maybe they did...), and most think Bernier is worth a 2nd on the open market, and even more than that to this team.

Campbell and Bernier have had similar career numbers, slight edge to Campbell. Bernier has been having a better season this year though, on a much worse team. Campbell is three years younger.

The Leafs traded a 24 year old Trevor Moore for a 29 year old Kyle Clifford, which looks like it could be a good trade off for both sides. They also gave a 2020 3rd round pick, 2021 conditional 3rd round pick (that becomes a 2nd if Clifford re-signs OR they make the playoffs this season, and Campbell gets 6 regular season wins), so basically a 2021 2nd...

So if both goalies should have approximately the same market value, and Campbell got a 3rd this year and a 2nd next year, do you still not think it's reasonable for our ask for Bernier to be a 2nd, maybe a 2nd+ this year?

16 minutes ago, krsmith17 said:

I know you're trying to be a smartass, but no one said that the Leafs were going to trade for Bernier, or that if we do trade Bernier to whatever team, that he would get us "1st's or 2nd's"...

Some thought the Leafs might show interest (maybe they did...), and most think Bernier is worth a 2nd on the open market, and even more than that to this team.

Campbell and Bernier have had similar career numbers, slight edge to Campbell. Bernier has been having a better season this year though, on a much worse team. Campbell is three years younger.

The Leafs traded a 24 year old Trevor Moore for a 29 year old Kyle Clifford, which looks like it could be a good trade off for both sides. They also gave a 2020 3rd round pick, 2021 conditional 3rd round pick (that becomes a 2nd if Clifford re-signs OR they make the playoffs this season, and Campbell gets 6 regular season wins), so basically a 2021 2nd...

So if both goalies should have approximately the same market value, and Campbell got a 3rd this year and a 2nd next year, do you still not think it's reasonable for our ask for Bernier to be a 2nd, maybe a 2nd+ this year?

He simply cannot comprehend the difference between a player's actual value versus their value to the team they are currently on. 

38 minutes ago, krsmith17 said:

Nope , always said highest we’d get is a 3rd ... think your forgetting the kings tossed in clifford as well at 50% off so if your willing to throw in a helm/glendening then may we get a similar deal .... bernier alone wont get a 2nd+ or two 3rds  

23 minutes ago, marcaractac said:

He simply cannot comprehend the difference between a player's actual value versus their value to the team they are currently on. 

You simply cant comprehend reality 

36 minutes ago, marcaractac said:

Yeah, I think Bernier's actual value (the way he's playing this season) should be around a 2nd round pick, but his value to this team, is much higher than that. That's not to say I wouldn't accept a 2nd round pick. I probably would, but it would either need to be a high 2nd (32-40 range), or a 2nd plus. There's no way I'd take a 3rd round pick...

15 minutes ago, nyqvististhefuture said:

Nope , always said highest we’d get is a 3rd ... think your forgetting the kings tossed in clifford as well at 50% off so if your willing to throw in a helm/glendening then may we get a similar deal .... bernier alone wont get a 2nd+ or two 3rds  

I didn't forget Clifford. I specifically mentioned him in the above post. The Leafs also gave up Moore. Bernier alone should get us at least a 2nd. To trade him for a 3rd would be dumb. About what I'd expect from someone that massively overvalues mid/late round picks though...

7 minutes ago, krsmith17 said:

Yeah, I think Bernier's actual value (the way he's playing this season) should be around a 2nd round pick, but his value to this team, is much higher than that. That's not to say I wouldn't accept a 2nd round pick. I probably would, but it would either need to be a high 2nd (32-40 range), or a 2nd plus. There's no way I'd take a 3rd round pick...

I didn't forget Clifford. I specifically mentioned him in the above post. The Leafs also gave up Moore. Bernier alone should get us at least a 2nd. To trade him for a 3rd would be dumb. About what I'd expect from someone that massively overvalues mid/late round picks though...

You also said and campbell got a 2nd this year and 3rd next year .... anyways ...moore was a throw in for cap reasons . Bernier alone will never fetch us a 2nd, thats what you want for him. Something id expect from someone who massively overvalues average players 

Anyways the leafs were the only team looking for a goalie unless holland looks to upgrade over smith but i doubt another goalie gets moved by deadline so dont worry your homeboy’s safe 

7 minutes ago, nyqvististhefuture said:

You also said and campbell got a 2nd this year and 3rd next year .... anyways ...moore was a throw in for cap reasons . Bernier alone will never fetch us a 2nd, thats what you want for him. Something id expect from someone who massively overvalues average players 

Anyways the leafs were the only team looking for a goalie unless holland looks to upgrade over smith but i doubt another goalie gets moved by deadline so dont worry your homeboy’s safe 

A 3rd this year, and a 2nd next year, but yeah, what about it?

Yeah, Moore was a throw-in, but he's still a piece that has value. It's similar to if we "threw-in" Hirose to a trade. Still a good player with value.

It's not about me "massively overvaluing average players". It's about understanding that "average players" get "overvalued" by NHL general managers every. single. trade deadline... There will be at least 5 trades made at this deadline, where everyone says "Really? X player went for X pick(s) / prospect(s)?"... Maybe Bernier is one of those. If not, he shouldn't be moved.

The Leafs were the only team that will be looking for goaltending at the deadline? You sound pretty certain that not a single other goaltender will get injured in the next two plus weeks...

34 minutes ago, krsmith17 said:

Exactly. Issue is, it would likely be a late 2nd, in which case he is more valuable to the Wings than that. The fact that Bernie is only worth a 3rd yet Georgiev is worth 2 seconds and Hirose is laughable. One is an unproven backup, the other is a veteran who has finally found consistency in his game. It's not outrageous to think that Bernier can be extended to see things through until a younger goalie takes the job. Of course, that's assuming he continues playing the way he has. 

35 minutes ago, krsmith17 said:

A 3rd this year, and a 2nd next year, but yeah, what about it?

Yeah, Moore was a throw-in, but he's still a piece that has value. It's similar to if we "threw-in" Hirose to a trade. Still a good player with value.

It's not about me "massively overvaluing average players". It's about understanding that "average players" get "overvalued" by NHL general managers every. single. trade deadline... There will be at least 5 trades made at this deadline, where everyone says "Really? X player went for X pick(s) / prospect(s)?"... Maybe Bernier is one of those. If not, he shouldn't be moved.

The Leafs were the only team that will be looking for goaltending at the deadline? You sound pretty certain that not a single other goaltender will get injured in the next two plus weeks...

Dude i just said you made it sound like you implied campbell alone got those two picks on his own which isnt the case ... anyways doesnt matter

Moore’s a 4th line guy , be more like ehn than hirose but ok

He wont be moved . Oh now your counting on an injury for a goalie to be moved lmao . If there isnt a goalie who gets hurt prior to the deadline no goaltender will be dealt . Better ?

anyways

30 minutes ago, marcaractac said:

Exactly. Issue is, it would likely be a late 2nd, in which case he is more valuable to the Wings than that. The fact that Bernie is only worth a 3rd yet Georgiev is worth 2 seconds and Hirose is laughable. One is an unproven backup, the other is a veteran who has finally found consistency in his game. It's not outrageous to think that Bernier can be extended to see things through until a younger goalie takes the job. Of course, that's assuming he continues playing the way he has. 

I threw out scenarios ... i also said the most id do was a 2nd and hirose for georgiev but ya say whatever bs comes to mind like bernier being a #1 goalie and coming to his own at 31 after a 30 game season ... #1 goalies have to play 55-65 games a season and thats not bernier 

4 minutes ago, nyqvististhefuture said:

Dude i just said you made it sound like you implied campbell alone got those two picks on his own which isnt the case ... anyways doesnt matter

Moore’s a 4th line guy , be more like ehn than hirose but ok

He wont be moved . Oh now your counting on an injury for a goalie to be moved lmao . If there isnt a goalie who gets hurt prior to the deadline no goaltender will be dealt . Better ?

anyways

Clifford is also a 4th line guy, albeit 5 year older...

A young, undersized skilled winger, that has been great in the AHL, but unable to yet establish himself in the NHL. Who am I describing? Trevor Moore or Taro Hirose?...

I'm not "counting on an injury". I'm also not counting on him being traded. I don't think he will be traded, but if a goalie on a contending team gets injured, he could be a candidate to be traded. If he is, we should be looking for a 2nd round pick, at minimum.

44 minutes ago, nyqvististhefuture said:

I threw out scenarios ... i also said the most id do was a 2nd and hirose for georgiev but ya say whatever bs comes to mind like bernier being a #1 goalie and coming to his own at 31 after a 30 game season ... #1 goalies have to play 55-65 games a season and thats not bernier 

All the numbers (including advanced stats) back up what I'm saying about Bernier. The league is increasingly getting away from goalies playing 60+ games a year if you haven't noticed. Having a 1a/1b situation in goal is becoming more and more common. Also, Bernier will start more than 50 games by the end of the season. Despite having missed time with injury. If not for that, he'd eclipse 55+ easy. So yeah, that IS Bernier.