• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Bring Back The Bruise Bros

News From Around the NHL *Mod warning page 75*

Rate this topic

1 minute ago, marcaractac said:

No, it's not a mind blowing concept. At no point did I say anyone is untradeable. If there are hockey trades out there that make sense, then fine. I just simply don't see it happening. At least not any time soon.  

And I'm saying I could totally see Yzerman shedding some of these losers. Especially the dummies. There are too many dummies on this team. 

1 minute ago, The 91 of Ryans said:

And I'm saying I could totally see Yzerman shedding some of these losers. Especially the dummies. There are too many dummies on this team. 

There are, I just don' think Larkin, Hronek, Bert, Mantha are considered dummies. 

If there are any trades involving said players, it makes more sense for said trades to happen a few years down the road. If a new core is established, use pre-existing core players to fill holes in the lineup. 

I'm just of the mind that said players are gonna keep getting better, and adding elite talent to the group would be lovely. If Yzerman thinks otherwise, so be it. 

7 minutes ago, marcaractac said:

No, it's not a mind blowing concept. At no point did I say anyone is untradeable. If there are hockey trades out there that make sense, then fine. I just simply don't see it happening. At least not any time soon.  

Yeah, because surely there is no contending team that could ever own another team's second round pick. Unfathomable!

I checked the draft which is why i mentioned nashville , smart ass

1 minute ago, marcaractac said:

There are, I just don' think Larkin, Hronek, Bert, Mantha are considered dummies. 

If there are any trades involving said players, it makes more sense for said trades to happen a few years down the road. If a new core is established, use pre-existing core players to fill holes in the lineup. 

I'm just of the mind that said players are gonna keep getting better, and adding elite talent to the group would be lovely. If Yzerman thinks otherwise, so be it. 

Kip touched on it in the GDT but I think Mantha's a dummy. I also think Cholowski is like Brendan Smith-level dumb. 

Larkin, Hronek, and especially Bertuzzi seem to have decent hockey IQ. 

I think Lindstrom may be a smart player as well.

Zadina seems hockey smart. 

Seider's smart. 

Yzerman's been seen chasing Stuzle around Germany recently. I bet he's a smart kid too. 

The great Wings Dummy Purge begins this June/July. Book it. 

3 hours ago, marcaractac said:

I'd be fine with it if it were for at least a pick early in the second round. Anything beyond that, I feel Bernier has more value to this team next season, assuming he keeps up his current play. 

This isn't my hill to die on or anything, but he's a 31 year old career backup who is (at least statistically) having a slightly worse season than his career averages.  Seems risky to assume he'd keep up his current play.  More likely he's going to fall off.  Matter of fact I don't think he's really having that great of a season, just a luckier one than last year where he got hosed despite good play. 

If you can get something reasonable for him, do so.  I feel very comfortable going into next season what whatever we can find on the UFA market considering goalie is probably the last piece of the puzzle we need to find.  There are always Jonathan Berniers out there.

Just now, The 91 of Ryans said:

Kip touched on it in the GDT but I think Mantha's a dummy. I also think Cholowski is like Brendan Smith-level dumb. 

Larkin, Hronek, and especially Bertuzzi seem to have decent hockey IQ. 

I think Lindstrom may be a smart player as well.

Zadina seems hockey smart. 

Seider's smart. 

Yzerman's been seen chasing Stuzle around Germany recently. I bet he's a smart kid too. 

The great Wings Dummy Purge begins this June/July. Book it. 

Mantha is fine. Players fight. He got unlucky with injuries in his. It's not like a punctured lung is some sign of being injury prone, it's a freak thing. 

Agreed on Larkin, Hronek, Bert, Zadina, Seider.

I too like Stutzle.

Agreed on a dummy purge, I just don't think Mantha will be a part of it. 

I too am not at all sold on Cholowski, and am ******* glad we got Hronek in that deal. 

2 hours ago, marcaractac said:

Mantha is fine. Players fight. He got unlucky with injuries in his. It's not like a punctured lung is some sign of being injury prone, it's a freak thing. 

Agreed on Larkin, Hronek, Bert, Zadina, Seider.

I too like Stutzle.

Agreed on a dummy purge, I just don't think Mantha will be a part of it. 

I too am not at all sold on Cholowski, and am ******* glad we got Hronek in that deal. 

I don't think he's injury prone.  I think he's dumb.  Three times he fought, on other players behalf, and three times he had season altering injuries.  Now he's already talking about fighting again. Dummy.  If he doesn't realize his true value is playing, not sitting in the penalty box or press box, then he dumber even than I thought. 

We all remember the story of Lou Lamoriello telling a young Brendan Shanahan to stop fighting because they didn't draft him for that.  Brendan got it.  Mantha still hasn't. 

Edited by kipwinger

47 minutes ago, The 91 of Ryans said:

Especially the dummies. There are too many dummies on this team. 

There are too many dummies on this site...

32 minutes ago, kipwinger said:

We all remember the story of Lou Lamoriello telling a young Brendan Shanahan to stop fighting because they didn't draft him for that.  Brendan got it.  Mantha still hasn't. 

If by "got it", you mean going from 15 fights in his first season, to only 5-10 the next several seasons, then sure, Brendan got it...

At the age of 33 his fights finally started to tail off. He never played a single season without at least one fight, and averaged about 5 fights every season.

There's nothing wrong with a player standing up for himself or a teammate, but I do agree that maybe Mantha should lay off the fisticuffs for a while, if he can't avoid injury...

7 minutes ago, The 91 of Ryans said:

I know. There's this one guy who thinks Cholowski's "having a good year offensively". I

3rd on the team in points for a defenseman, despite missing a significant chunk. He's doing this as a 21 year old, on the worst team in the entire league.

There's this one (two) guy(s) who has given up on Cholowski already. I'm not going to tell you how to fan, but I think it's stupid as s*** to give up on a 21 year old prospect. You do you though...

35 minutes ago, krsmith17 said:

3rd on the team in points for a defenseman, despite missing a significant chunk. He's doing this as a 21 year old, on the worst team in the entire league.

There's this one (two) guy(s) who has given up on Cholowski already. I'm not going to tell you how to fan, but I think it's stupid as s*** to give up on a 21 year old prospect. You do you though...

You're right. Maybe I'll decide he's my boy instead. And in 5 years I'll still be making excuses about how he's been misused and is about to realize his full potential one of these years. We'll call it the Brendan Jurco Law

25 minutes ago, nyqvististhefuture said:

3rd dman with most pts on this team considering how horrible we are isnt  something to rave about, hes on pace for like 20 pts 

That being said its way too soon to write off cholowski 

No one's raving about Cholowski. I'm simply saying exactly what you just said... It's dumb to write off a 21 year old defenseman after one season.

2 minutes ago, The 91 of Ryans said:

You're right. Maybe I'll decide he's my boy instead. And in 5 years I'll still be making excuses about how he's been misused and is about to realize his full potential one of these years. We'll call it the Brendan Jurco Law

"Remember that time 5 years ago, you were wrong about that prospect?"... aka, "I'm a dummy and I have nothing else to say"... 

46 minutes ago, krsmith17 said:

"Remember that time 5 years ago, you were wrong about that prospect?"... aka, "I'm a dummy and I have nothing else to say"... 

I think Cholowski is bad.  And I'm not the only one. You have done nothing to convince me otherwise except to quote his 8 pts and call me a dummy. Because you've got nothing. 

You're a prospect slappy. Which is fine. But you're bad at it sometimes. And too linear in thought. Yzerman would never dare trade Mantha because you've invested too much in him. Lindstrom actually has a real future in the NHL but you're " not that high on him". LOL.

Anyway, I don't plan on turning this into a five page snooze fest of redundancy. You can have last word if you want. 

Lmao pierre mcguire just said the redwings can make alot of damage at the trade deadline that can help our future for years to come if yzerman makes the right moves ... said we have alot of playoff tested names  on our team and names daley  and glendening

yes daley’s return will help our team for  many years wtf is this guy on hahaha

1 hour ago, krsmith17 said:

No one's raving about Cholowski. I'm simply saying exactly what you just said... It's dumb to write off a 21 year old defenseman after one season.

You also said “ he’s doing this as a 21 year old missing significant chunk of time” makes it sound like being 3rd and getting 8 pts in 33 games is some achievement , just means our team is so bad

anyways , yes way too soon to say hes a bust 

Edited by nyqvististhefuture

15 minutes ago, The 91 of Ryans said:

You're a prospect slappy. Which is fine. But you're bad at it sometimes. And too linear in thought. Yzerman would never dare trade Mantha because you've invested too much in him. Lindstrom actually has a real future in the NHL but you're " not that high on him". LOL.

I wouldnt trade mantha unless we got real good return but it wouldnt shock me if yzerman dealt him especially if we got lafraniere 

I know ppl here in montreal would probably go nuts for the french kid coming back ,im just curious ,  if habs got like the 10th pick would you do something that resulted in askarov+romanov  for mantha ? Pretty sure its a yes , would probably mean lafraniere (if we got him) zadina larkin bertuzzi veleno in our top 6 ... anyways i can totally see yzerman being unafraid and dealing mantha at some point

8 minutes ago, The 91 of Ryans said:

I think Cholowski is bad.  And I'm not the only one. You have done nothing to convince me otherwise except to quote his 8 pts and call me a dummy. Because you've got nothing. 

Anyway, I don't plan on turning this into a five page snooze fest of redundancy. You can have last word if you want. 

I think Cholowski has potential (he does). I've stated why I believe he has said potential. You think Cholowski sucks. You've yet to explain why you think he sucks. You and CRL (the same guy that thinks Larkin and Zadina suck) are the only two that have said "Cholowski sucks". Some people have been disappointed, and rightfully so. I've also been disappointed. I just don't see the need in saying "he sucks", because... he doesn't.

I'm not a prospect slappy. I've called out many bad prospects. I've also been right on a lot more prospects over the years than wrong. 

When have I ever said "Yzerman would never dare trade Mantha"? I haven't.

I've said Lindstrom isn't likely anything more than a bottom pair defenseman. You disagree? But yet, I'm a "prospect slappy"?... Yeah, okay...

13 minutes ago, nyqvististhefuture said:

You also said “ he’s doing this as a 21 year old missing significant chunk of time” makes it sound like being 3rd and getting 8 pts in 33 games is some achievement , just means our team is so bad

anyways , yes way too soon to say hes a bust 

As a 21 year old defenseman on a team that is far and away the worst offensive team in the league, yes that is some what of an achievement. No one is saying that he's this future offensive dynamo, just that he doesn't "suck". That's literally it...

On 2/6/2020 at 4:29 PM, greenrebellion said:

You don't trade Bernier, my goodness folks, at some point this losing will affect the long term culture of this team.  We have no option outside of Bernier right now.  

As someone who preached "maintaining the culture" for years, it's much too late to late for that now. "The culture" is gone. What's losing 5, 10, 20 extra games with Howard in net? Who cares. It's pointless. This season is a meaningless march into the grave with or without Bernier.

Get the picks if you can.

On 2/6/2020 at 5:17 PM, The 91 of Ryans said:

Agreed. 

My point was, maybe Yzerman's unconcerned with "long term culture" right now because he doesn't plan on having many of these players around long term. 

IMHO we are on the 5-10 year plan. This team is at the very least a half decade of retooling away from being something with a semblance of competency. I do not trust we will find anything of great value in Holland's recent drafts, and Yzerman only has one under his belt. Seider is a great building block, and maybe we will have more gems in that draft, but Yzerman needs another 3 solid building blocks at least. That could very well take him 3 more drafts to do, with multiple years of development on top of that. That's if all goes exactly to plan.

On 2/6/2020 at 7:10 PM, The 91 of Ryans said:

Meh. I think Yzerman's got his eye on a newer, better core. At least I hope so. 

Precisely. This teams "core" is completely and utterly overrated. Larkin is not a Fedorov, Yzerman, Datsyuk, or Zetterberg. Hronek is not a Lidstrom, Rafalski, Fetisov, or Coffey. Bertuzzi is not his uncle and will probably be nothing more than a decent top6 winger. Mantha is the one I have the most hope for at this point at being elite, but we will now be going into next season with a 26 year old Mantha who has never breached 50 pts.

I would have absolutely no problem with Yzerguy flipping any of these players for something else or picks at the deadline. f*** em.

7 hours ago, krsmith17 said:

I think Cholowski has potential (he does). I've stated why I believe he has said potential. You think Cholowski sucks. You've yet to explain why you think he sucks. You and CRL (the same guy that thinks Larkin and Zadina suck) are the only two that have said "Cholowski sucks". Some people have been disappointed, and rightfully so. I've also been disappointed. I just don't see the need in saying "he sucks", because... he doesn't.

I'm not a prospect slappy. I've called out many bad prospects. I've also been right on a lot more prospects over the years than wrong. 

When have I ever said "Yzerman would never dare trade Mantha"? I haven't.

I've said Lindstrom isn't likely anything more than a bottom pair defenseman. You disagree? But yet, I'm a "prospect slappy"?... Yeah, okay...

I think everyone here has considered you a "prospect slappy" since you joined the website. It's nothing to be ashamed of. I'm a Franzen-slappy, Howard-slappy, and Seider-slappy. I'll die for my boys.

I'll explain my POV on Larkin, Zadina, Cholowski, Biega, and Ehn.

Larkin: His job: 1C. What he's actually capable of: 2C. Therefore he sucks at his job and needs to be demoted as soon as we have someone better who we can put on top of him.

Zadina: What we needed and I wanted out of a #3 ranked #6 drafted player: Elite scoring winger. What he actually is: 2nd line winger. Therefore I'm butthurt about this pick and why Holland didn't ignore the hype and go with a Dman like Hughes.

Cholwoski: For a player that's already played 85 games in the NHL, I can barely stand to watch him play with the Griffins. He's sloppy, dumb, panicky, and bad defensively. Maybe the organization thought he would survive trial by fire like Hronek did? But he didn't, and I expect more from a 1st round Dman who's been given this much playing time already. I think he should be sunk into the AHL till something changes with him, and that's understandably sucky and disappointing at this point.

Biega: His job: 7D. What he's actually capable of: 7D. Therefore I have no problems with this guy. He busts is butt every play and that's about all you can want or should expect from a 7D.

Ehn: His job: 4C. What he's actually capable of: 4C. Therefore I have no problems with this guy. He's strong defensively and makes smart decisions and that's about all you can want or should expect from a 4C. I also think this player has the potential to be a 3rd line shutdown guy at some point, which would be nice.

4 hours ago, ChristopherReevesLegs said:

I think everyone here has considered you a "prospect slappy" since you joined the website. It's nothing to be ashamed of. I'm a Franzen-slappy, Howard-slappy, and Seider-slappy. I'll die for my boys.

So what makes me a "prospect slappy"? The fact that I'm one of the few here that watches Griffins games on a regular basis? I guess I'm a Cholowski slappy because I say he "doesn't suck"? If that's the case, then yeah, I am a "prospect slappy". I don't agree with giving up on 20/21 year old prospects. Does that mean I think Cholowski is going to be a top pair defenseman? No, but I do think he will be an NHL defenseman. Would I trade him in the right deal? Absolutely.

I think the reason you and some others may think of me as a "prospect slappy" is the same reason you consider yourself a "slappy". Irrational hate on players. I don't think you ever would have become a "Franzen slappy" or a "Howard slappy" if so many fans didn't hate on them. 

4 hours ago, ChristopherReevesLegs said:

I'll explain my POV on Larkin, Zadina, Cholowski, Biega, and Ehn.

This may be the dumbest thing I've read in a while. Player A, the best player on the team, sucks because you think he's playing over his head in a role he's not good enough for. Player B, one of the worst players on the team, is awesome because he can actually play the role of a 4th liner... Yeah, okay.

Larkin is a legitimate 1C, that needs help on his wings. Zadina is a legitimate top six (with potential to become a top line) winger, that needs a quality center. Cholowski is a young, unestablished defenseman with potential to become a bottom four defenseman. Biega sucks, but I do agree that he's an ideal 7th defenseman. Ehn is a replaceable 4th line center / winger. 

Some of you think (for whatever reason) that Yzerman is going to purge Holland's old roster. Get rid of Larkin. Get rid of Mantha. Get rid of Athanasiou. But whatever you do, do NOT get rid of Ehn...