• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Bring Back The Bruise Bros

News From Around the NHL *Mod warning page 75*

Rate this topic

20 minutes ago, nyqvististhefuture said:

Wtf pens just gave up a 1st + galchenyuk+ addison for jason zucker 

sounds like alot , last i recall addison was a pretty solid prospect?just noticed hes locked up for 3 more years ... not high on him

Crosby and Malkin are approaching their mid 30s. They're going all in while that window is still open. They probably viewed Zucker as the best winger on the market.

Anyway thank you PIT for starting the market off high

2 hours ago, nyqvististhefuture said:

Wtf pens just gave up a 1st + galchenyuk+ addison for jason zucker 

sounds like alot , last i recall addison was a pretty solid prospect?just noticed hes locked up for 3 more years ... not high on him

Jason Zucker, 29 points, traded for a 1st round pick +.

Nikita Gusev, 32 points, not a worth a 1st

18 minutes ago, nyqvististhefuture said:

Zucker 456 nhl career games ... 3 more years signed 

gusev 51 nhl career games ... 1 more year signed 

was a nice try brian

Completely irrelevant stats you listed. A team making a Cup run doesnt care about GP, they want the hot player now. And Gusev is the better point producer right now.

Are you seriously going to keep this up? A guy who has 29 points on the season just got a 1st round pick + a roster player and a prospect.

And Gusev isn't worth a late first because he's played fewer games and has a shorter contract. 

OK Kevin.

6 minutes ago, Neomaxizoomdweebie said:

Completely irrelevant stats you listed. A team making a Cup run doesnt care about GP, they want the hot player now. And Gusev is the better point producer right now.

Are you seriously going to keep this up? A guy who has 29 points on the season just got a 1st round pick + a roster player and a prospect.

And Gusev isn't worth a late first because he's played fewer games and has a shorter contract. 

OK Kevin.

So when malte stromwall comes up next year and gets 30 pts in 50 games we can get a 1st , nice to know 

thx bri

12 hours ago, ChristopherReevesLegs said:

You're grasping at straws and attacking the person instead of the argument because you don't have a sound defense for your Joey boy. Rasmussen is bigger, stronger, has a higher draft pedigree, and has wholly outplayed Veleno this year. Anyone with no pre-conceived bias would choose Rasmussen or Veleno, and you know it's true.

I'm not "grasping at straws". I've already laid out my argument for Veleno. He's a much better skater, better puck carrier, better passer, higher hockey IQ. You disagree, and that's fine.

Bigger? Stronger? Wowzers! he must be better...

Drafted higher? That's a sure sign he'll be better...

Ahead in his development (9 months older)? Obvi better...

7 hours ago, nyqvististhefuture said:

So when malte stromwall comes up next year and gets 30 pts in 50 games we can get a 1st , nice to know 

You're finally starting to get it...

Yes, if Stromwall plays in Detroit next season, and puts up 2nd line production, he could absolutely garner a 1st, just like Gusev.

I think Minnesota won that trade for sure!

PLEASE, does anyone want to deal with us?!?!?!

This honestly should set the bar pretty high for AA, you think? I'd rather keep him, I am a fan, but if AA could get anything near this? See ya!

AA for a Player/Pick/prospect sounds great!

How about this?

Detroit Trades Bernier and AA to EDM for Puljujarvi, Mike Smith and 2020 conditional 1st...(same conditions as the PIT trade)

Edited by LeftWinger

3 hours ago, krsmith17 said:

I'm not "grasping at straws". I've already laid out my argument for Veleno. He's a much better skater, better puck carrier, better passer, higher hockey IQ. You disagree, and that's fine.

Personal attacks are a stinky cologne

Veleno maybe has maybe slightly faster speed. Doesn't really matter though. Rasmussen's wing span and stride length more than make up for it. Guy consistently covers more ice surface wall to wall than Veleno ever does.

Veleno's IQ and passing is so great that he has less assists than Rasmussen with 19 games in hand.

It's not even comparable. Rasmussen is the MUCH better player.

Bigger? Stronger? Wowzers! he must be better...

Yes better net front, better on the walls, covers more ice. That's on top of being basically just as skilled as Veleno is if not more.

Drafted higher? That's a sure sign he'll be better...

Would u rather have a top 10 prospect or 30 overall? I can do this all day

Ahead in his development (9 months older)? Obvi better...

Hey hey hey whoa now. You just got done telling me that Byfield being 10 months younger than Lafreniere doesn't at all matter. Why does it matter with Veleno/Ras now?

58 minutes ago, ChristopherReevesLegs said:

Hey hey hey whoa now. You just got done telling me that Byfield being 10 months younger than Lafreniere doesn't at all matter. Why does it matter with Veleno/Ras now?

Because it's convenient?

1 hour ago, ChristopherReevesLegs said:

Personal attacks are a stinky cologne

You constantly personally attack people... In fact, you dig up personal information on people, and use it against them. The lowest of low, stinkiest of stinky cologne...

It's not even comparable. Rasmussen is the MUCH better player.

Sure. Whatever you say... Out of curiosity, where do you project Rasmussen? Veleno?

Would u rather have a top 10 prospect or 30 overall? I can do this all day

Do what? Repeat the same old drivel over and over again? You sure can...

Age matters, but it's not the determining factor... I'm sure I'll have to repeat that again, when you inevitably repeat the same dumb question again...

I think Veleno will be the better player. You think Rasmussen will be the better player. Who gives a f***? We have both...

Me: Veleno will be our future 2C.

CRL / 91Ryan: NO F***ING WAY! VELENO SUX. RAS IS THE MAN!

Yeah, okay...

3 minutes ago, krsmith17 said:

CRL / 91Ryan: NO F***ING WAY! VELENO SUX. RAS IS THE MAN!

I said yesterday I was done arguing with you about this. Too much of a real life to go in circles here. You guys might be hamsters but I'm not.  Leave me out of it. 

13 minutes ago, krsmith17 said:

You constantly personally attack people... In fact, you dig up personal information on people, and use it against them. The lowest of low, stinkiest of stinky cologne...

Nah I don't usually run around calling folks dumb and stupid unless someone starts it first with me. You on the other hand do it without provocation on a daily basis.

I haven't doxed anyone. Any personal information was volunteered.

Sure. Whatever you say... Out of curiosity, where do you project Rasmussen? Veleno?

Right now I'm projectin' my knee cap on ya chin bone

Do what? Repeat the same old drivel over and over again? You sure can...

You don't think top10 picks are better than 30 overalls?

Age matters, but it's not the determining factor... I'm sure I'll have to repeat that again, when you inevitably repeat the same dumb question again...

It's just fun to point out how the age only matters to you when it's convenient to your argument

7 minutes ago, The 91 of Ryans said:

I said yesterday I was done arguing with you about this. Too much of a real life to go in circles here. You guys might be hamsters but I'm not.  Leave me out of it. 

No

Edited by ChristopherReevesLegs

25 minutes ago, ChristopherReevesLegs said:

Nah I don't usually run around calling folks dumb and stupid unless someone starts it first with me. You on the other hand do it without provocation on a daily basis.

I rarely call people dumb, unless their dumb is really showing... I do however, call some arguments dumb. Mostly one's with you lately... You have a tendency to run around in circles. I'm just dumb enough to follow you...

30 minutes ago, ChristopherReevesLegs said:

Right now I'm projectin' my knee cap on ya chin bone

So where do you project Rasmussen / Veleno?

30 minutes ago, ChristopherReevesLegs said:

You don't think top10 picks are better than 30 overalls?

In general, yes. In this instance, no.

Who's better, Valeri Nichushkin (10th overall) or David Pastrnak (25th overall)?

I can ask dumb questions too...

34 minutes ago, ChristopherReevesLegs said:

It's just fun to point out how the age only matters to you when it's convenient to your argument

Not at all true. I hear and completely understand the argument for Byfield over Lafreniere because of the big age gap. I just think Lafreniere is such a special player that in this case, age doesn't matter to me.

I'm not sure what's so hard to understand about that...

3 minutes ago, LeftWinger said:

I totally forgot we had Rasmussen. Has he been hurt? Anyhow, I wonder what Holland would give us for Ras and Cholo along with AA?

Hmmm....could be a nice return!

why would we trade a 6'6" 215lb 20 year old who is currently scoring at  0.8PPG as the Griffins #1 C ? 

2 minutes ago, krsmith17 said:

I rarely call people dumb, unless their dumb is really showing... I do however, call some arguments dumb. Mostly one's with you lately... You have a tendency to run around in circles. I'm just dumb enough to follow you...

If the argument is as dumb as you claim it should be easily refutable. And yet, we do go back and forth for pages on these "dumb" arguments with many legitimate points. Suggesting that the argument is not as "dumb" as you might have folks believe, you just disagree.

7 minutes ago, krsmith17 said:

So where do you project Rasmussen / Veleno?

Rasmussen and Veleno are probably both gonna get on up there to NFL to rough u up and flatten you out

10 minutes ago, krsmith17 said:

Who's better, Valeri Nichushkin (10th overall) or David Pastrnak (25th overall)?

I can ask dumb questions too...

See here's prime example. Is it really that dumb or are you just insulting the argument? BAD ARGUMENT NO

You've cherry picked a very late first rounder who's VERY GOOD, and a higher first rounder who's meh. And that's fine. I'm not denying this happens. Draft pedigree isn't everything. But you're citing the exception, not the norm. Generally speaking one should expect a 9th overall is better than a 30th overall. That should need no explanation.

And Rasmussen and Veleno aren't Nichuskin and Pastaman. They're both 20 year old prospects still (separated by 9 months, I know). And one is playing much better than the other on the same team in same league. That happens to be the higher drafted player who one would expect to be better than his 30th overall counterpart.

It's a shame Rasmussen didn't play in the AHL his first season so we had more concrete comparables, but I will attempt it anyway.

First pro season:

Ras: 62 GP, 18 PTS, -1 (NHL) 12:05 TOI/GP
Veleno: 41 GP, 17 PTS, -21 (AHL) Icetime not available

Already I much prefer Rasmussen's numbers personally considering the different leagues and icetime afforded. I think it's reasonable to assume Veleno is probably being afforded somewhere in the range of 14 to 20 minutes a night with the Griffs (top 3 lines).

Just now, The 91 of Ryans said:

why would we trade a 6'6" 215lb 20 year old who is currently scoring at  0.8PPG as the Griffins #1 C ? 

Don't know.  I am just throwing stuff out there. I did not know he was doing well, like I said, I haven't heard his name too often, so I nearly forgot we had him. 

2 minutes ago, LeftWinger said:

Don't know.  I am just throwing stuff out there. I did not know he was doing well, like I said, I haven't heard his name too often, so I nearly forgot we had him. 

Fair enough. He was hurt for over half the season in GRs. Otherwise, I think he'd be this team's 3 line center right now. 

4 minutes ago, LeftWinger said:

With Hirose and Smith both on the team he should easily be our #1 forward callup right now. He's been dominant in the AHL this season. After the TDL I can see him being on the team fulltime again.

Not just dominant, but dominant while playing the hardest forward position on the ice, all while rehabbing a very serious back injury.  Michael Rasmussen is a f*cking beast.  In a couple years time Ras will be a monster 3rd line center and Joe Veleno will be playing on the wing.

8 minutes ago, kipwinger said:

Not just dominant, but dominant while playing the hardest forward position on the ice, all while rehabbing a very serious back injury.  Michael Rasmussen is a f*cking beast.  In a couple years time Ras will be a monster 3rd line center and Joe Veleno will be playing on the wing.

Wasting a top 10 pick on a 3rd liner’s a fail