No registered users viewing this page.

Bring Back The Bruise Bros

News From Around the NHL *Mod warning page 75*

Rate this topic

4 minutes ago, nyqvististhefuture said:

Dont know if its true but  apparently someones saying we signed this guy

https://www.eliteprospects.com/player/27259/fredrik-handemark

Meh 

Leading scorer for Malmo. #8 scorer in the SHL. Interesting I guess.

If Handemark and Stromwall rumors are true it's almost like Yzerman is letting Andersson build this team.

7 minutes ago, krsmith17 said:

Lol typical kip... Avoid responding to an entire post by picking out, and misrepresenting a single word.

You're an angry individual and I feel bad for you. You're obviously going through some s***, but there's no need to take it out on people on a "hockey discussion board". You're the one that needs to "grow up" pal.

Agreed that Kip should respond to all your points, but also no one is taking anything out on you, get real.

9 minutes ago, ChristopherReevesLegs said:

Leading scorer for Malmo. #8 scorer in the SHL. Interesting I guess.

If Handemark and Stromwall rumors are true it's almost like Yzerman is letting Andersson build this team.

Agreed that Kip should respond to all your points, but also no one is taking anything out on you, get real.

Whoa, whoa, whoa...I don't need to respond to every insane thing this guy says.  Particularly when he makes things up.  For instance, I never said Rasmussen was better than Veleno because he's "big and strong' as KRsmith indicated in his post.  So I feel no need to respond to that point. 

1 minute ago, nyqvististhefuture said:

Twitter , which is why i said i dont know if its true

i highly doubt we went and signed Two guys from shl 25-27 yrs of age ... id guess only one of those 2 guys will be signed but we shall see

Who's saying it on twitter? 

Edited by kipwinger

11 minutes ago, kipwinger said:

Whoa, whoa, whoa...I don't need to respond to every insane thing this guy says.  Particularly when he makes things up.  For instance, I never said Rasmussen was better than Veleno because he's "big and strong' as KRsmith indicated in his post.  So I feel no need to respond to that point. 

Learn how to read dumbass. I never indicated that you said that. Unless your past name is "Others"...

14 minutes ago, kipwinger said:

Who's saying it on twitter? 

Dont remember... someone posted a swedish article , just search the players name it should pop up

6 minutes ago, krsmith17 said:

Learn how to read dumbass. I never indicated that you said that. Unless your past name is "Others"...

You criticized me saying: "Typical Kip avoids responding to an entire post...".  The "big and strong" comment was in the post I was supposed to be responding to in it's entirety, according to your logic.  If I don't actually need to respond to the entire post, as you're now indicating, then I'm confused about your "typical Kip..." post.

So you're mad that I didn't respond to your entire post, even though a portion of that post was directed at CRL?  Ok man.

Edited by kipwinger

3 minutes ago, ChristopherReevesLegs said:

I did exactly this and found exactly nothing

https://www.aftonbladet.se/sportbladet/hockey/a/MRk1jK/nara-att-komma-overens-med-klassiska-nhl-klubben

Translates to "...close to signing with classic NHL club", meaning Detroit.  Another depth move.  I think Yzerman is planning to bring up everyone after the deadline, which means lots of trades/waivers coming up.

Edited by kipwinger

2 minutes ago, kipwinger said:

https://www.aftonbladet.se/sportbladet/hockey/a/MRk1jK/nara-att-komma-overens-med-klassiska-nhl-klubben

Translates to "...close to signing with classic NHL club", meaning Detroit.  Another depth move.  I think Yzerman is planning to bring up everyone after the deadline, which means lots of trades/waivers coming up.

Sure seems like a lot of guys might be departing, which should make some folks happy. Handemark and Stromwall would be warm bodies and healthy competition. I could see these deals being contingent on whether or not Yzerman can make the moves he wants at the deadline. Like if he can't move Helm or something similar then maybe he doesn't finalize this Handemark contract.

Just now, ChristopherReevesLegs said:

Sure seems like a lot of guys might be departing, which should make some folks happy. Handemark and Stromwall would be warm bodies and healthy competition. I could see these deals being contingent on whether or not Yzerman can make the moves he wants at the deadline. Like if he can't move Helm or something similar then maybe he doesn't finalize this Handemark contract.

Yeah, I presume both of these guys are just stop gaps for GR.  Presumably they're both better than whomever would be called up from Toledo.  But you're right, if Yzerman doesn't move out some NHL players then Ras and Veleno don't get called up and there is not a spot (or need) for Stormwall and Handemark.

I cant imagine any of those 2 guys coming to north america at 26 and spending 1-2 years in grand rapids , dont know if they can come down now and play the last 10-20 games and having a trial run like hirose did last year and maybe start down in grand rapids next season but i cant see them sticking there the whole season . Not really counting on anything from those guys 

Better than nothing i guess 

30 minutes ago, Dabura said:

*Some* folks???

I shoulda been more specific. Folks named Malte or Frederik

6 minutes ago, nyqvististhefuture said:

I cant imagine any of those 2 guys coming to north america at 26 and spending 1-2 years in grand rapids , dont know if they can come down now and play the last 10-20 games and having a trial run like hirose did last year and maybe start down in grand rapids next season but i cant see them sticking there the whole season . Not really counting on anything from those guys 

I would waive Perlini, Neilsen, Erne, and Abdelkader for just about any new player. There's room.

Jay Bouwmeester collapses on bench from cardiac episode.

Scary stuff. Happens too often.

https://www.sportsnet.ca/hockey/nhl/blues-jay-bouwmeester-suffers-medical-emergency-game-vs-ducks-delayed/

https://www.sportsnet.ca/hockey/nhl/canadiens-relieved-jay-bouwmeester-stabilized-cardiac-episode/

Edited by Neomaxizoomdweebie

10 minutes ago, Neomaxizoomdweebie said:

Jay Bouwmeester collapses on bench from cardiac episode.

Scary stuff. Happens too often.

https://www.sportsnet.ca/hockey/nhl/canadiens-relieved-jay-bouwmeester-stabilized-cardiac-episode/

Sounds like he's perfectly alright which is good. But gotta think his athletic career is over now. Gotta take it easy after something scary like that happening.

52 minutes ago, ChristopherReevesLegs said:

Sounds like he's perfectly alright which is good. But gotta think his athletic career is over now. Gotta take it easy after something scary like that happening.

Good thing we got the perfect replacement. 

2 hours ago, ChristopherReevesLegs said:

I didn't check the standings. Do the Habs even have a realistic shot at the playoffs anyway?

If his career is in question moving him to LTIR might save Nashville from that recapture penalty.

Somewhere Andreas Lilja is smiling.

8 minutes ago, Akakabuto said:

Looked over their roster and they have a guy named MacKenzie MacEachern. 

MacKenzie is a girls name.

24 minutes ago, Akakabuto said:

Looked over their roster and they have a guy named MacKenzie MacEachern. 

Yeah MacEachern won the Mr. Hockey award (best high school player in Michigan) a few years back playing for Brother Rice. Knew a couple dudes who were just leaving that program when he was coming in and they always talked about how good he was.

I watched him play in college a handful of times when i was still living in Michigan. Never thought he was that great honestly.

He doesn't look to be that great at the NHL level so far either. They can have Ericsson and Daley for him.

Edited by ChristopherReevesLegs

3 hours ago, nyqvististhefuture said:

After Brunnstrom, Leino, and Brunner, I tend to temper my excitement for undrafted/unsigned Euros.

35 minutes ago, ChristopherReevesLegs said:

We already have a Madison on the team

Now we just need a couple Irish guys named Kelly

We have an Andrea and Valerie too.