Just this old Yzerguy and an empty bottle of booze
Now I don't blame him cause he run and hid
But the meanest thing that he ever did
Was acquire a bunch of players named "Sue"

47 minutes ago, ChristopherReevesLegs said:

We already have a Madison on the team

Now we just need a couple Irish guys named Kelly

12 minutes ago, Neomaxizoomdweebie said:

After Brunnstrom, Leino, and Brunner, I tend to temper my excitement for undrafted/unsigned Euros.

We have an Andrea and Valerie too.

3p1474.jpg

1 hour ago, marcaractac said:

The dream can now become reality.

26 minutes ago, kipwinger said:

I almost posted the same thing but I figured @Dabura would give me a stern talking to for bringing up what people were wrong about in the past.

The crazy part is he's still just 29, not like he's really aged out

And even crazier is he probably is better than a lot of our Dmen lol

1 minute ago, ChristopherReevesLegs said:

The crazy part is he's still just 29, not like he's really aged out

And even crazier is he probably is better than a lot of our Dmen lol

Meh, pass.  He's hurt constantly and can't score.  Never reached all that potential that everyone gushed about.

On 2/14/2020 at 2:15 PM, ChristopherReevesLegs said:

Remember when this guy was the LGW dreamboat

Hoesntly, with the state of our defense, I'd claim him. 

4 hours ago, krsmith17 said:

Keep raising that market value...

Maybe we can find a suitor for Green and Daley...

Wow did not think Greene would go for that much. Definitely makes me think our guys might go for at least a little more than a waiver claim :P

6 hours ago, Akakabuto said:

I’ll take a 1st and a top prospect for AA. 

Except Coleman's better. So you can't really make the comparison 

12 hours ago, nyqvististhefuture said:

LOLLLL nj got a first and nolan foote for blake f***en coleman

sell everyone stevie

Currently with 21 goals at 1.8M per year through the 20-21 season. Tampa def gave up assets but it's not as lopsided ad you think. 

2 minutes ago, The 91 of Ryans said:

Coleman may be the better all around player (maybe), but I think you can definitely make the comparison. Coleman is a work horse, but Athanasiou is more skilled, and I think could provide just as much value in a bottom six role to a contending team. If Coleman gets a 1st round pick and a top prospect, Athanasiou should get close to that, maybe even more. He is three year's younger and still team controlled (RFA).

9 minutes ago, The 91 of Ryans said:

Currently with 21 goals at 1.8M per year through the 20-21 season. Tampa def gave up assets but it's not as lopsided ad you think. 

I think it's a great trade for both sides. Tampa has one of, if not the best teams in the league. They need to go all in. Jersey has one of the worst teams in the league, and are stockpiling picks / prospects.

Yzerman really needs to find a way to acquire a couple more high end picks / prospects at this deadline. New Jersey currently have three potential (conditional) 1st round picks (but don't have any 2nd or 3rd round picks), and Ottawa have two 1st round picks and three 2nd round picks. Both likely to add more before the draft as well. We have one 1st, two 2nd's and two 3rd's. We need to add more...

2 minutes ago, krsmith17 said:

Coleman may be the better all around player (maybe), but I think you can definitely make the comparison. Coleman is a work horse, but Athanasiou is more skilled, and I think could provide just as much value in a bottom six role to a contending team. If Coleman gets a 1st round pick and a top prospect, Athanasiou should get close to that, maybe even more. He is three year's younger and still team controlled (RFA).

Why not right? Tampa had a 1st to give. Since the 2020 1st (van) is protected by the 2021 1st, I'll give them a break and take their 2022 1st (protected) and Cal Foote. Their thank you for us waiting for the 2022 pick will be Mat Joseph.

to TPA : Andreas Athanasiou

to DET : 2022 1st (lottery protected) Calen Foote, Mathieu Joseph.

20 minutes ago, LeftWinger said:

Why not right? Tampa had a 1st to give. Since the 2020 1st (van) is protected by the 2021 1st, I'll give them a break and take their 2022 1st (protected) and Cal Foote. Their thank you for us waiting for the 2022 pick will be Mat Joseph.

to TPA : Andreas Athanasiou

to DET : 2022 1st (lottery protected) Calen Foote, Mathieu Joseph.

I don't think Tampa is a realistic trade partner for Athanasiou. If we're trading AA, I'd think Edmonton or Colorado would be good fits. I'd target Puljujarvi / Kaut. I doubt either would give up a 1st along with either of those prospects, but maybe a 2nd...

2 hours ago, The 91 of Ryans said:

Yeah Coleman is the exact type of player Tampa was missing last playoff run tbh. A workhorse who is great on the PK, can put up some short handed goals. The cost is high, but a team like Tampa can afford it. He's like disney.com if disney.com could put up 30 to 40 points per year. 

The cost of players so far with the deadline approaching is definitely giving me some hope on what we could potentially get for guys like Helm. Obviously Helm is no Coleman, but he is still a good role player, and teams need good role players to win. 

Edited by marcaractac

I’ll have to admit I had no idea who Coleman was before this trade and my first reaction was ’holy overpayment!’. Now a lot of people online is telling everybody how this trade was fair and how good he is. 

Then I look him up and he’s a 28-year old with only two full NHL seasons under his belt and a 36 point season high total. 

I’m still confused. 

2 hours ago, krsmith17 said:

I don't think Tampa is a realistic trade partner for Athanasiou. If we're trading AA, I'd think Edmonton or Colorado would be good fits. I'd target Puljujarvi / Kaut. I doubt either would give up a 1st along with either of those prospects, but maybe a 2nd...

Agreed, I don’t think TB has the cap space to re-sign AA to what he likely wants. As for Edmonton, I’m not sure Holland wants to deal with him again after the hold out a few years ago. I’d take that trade though. What do you think Pulijujarvi would want contract wise?