• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Bring Back The Bruise Bros

News From Around the NHL *Mod warning page 75*

Rate this topic

29 minutes ago, kliq said:

Agreed, I don’t think TB has the cap space to re-sign AA to what he likely wants. As for Edmonton, I’m not sure Holland wants to deal with him again after the hold out a few years ago. I’d take that trade though. What do you think Pulijujarvi would want contract wise?

No clue. It's not like he'd have much negotiating power though. Still an RFA, and held out this full season. I would think it would be a 1-2 year prove it deal, sub $2M. 

33 minutes ago, Akakabuto said:

I’ll have to admit I had no idea who Coleman was before this trade and my first reaction was ’holy overpayment!’. Now a lot of people online is telling everybody how this trade was fair and how good he is. 

Then I look him up and he’s a 28-year old with only two full NHL seasons under his belt and a 36 point season high total. 

I’m still confused. 

Coleman is a very good middle six winger. It is overpayment for Tampa, but that's the price you pay if you want to upgrade at the deadline. Prices are high, which is a great thing for the sellers. Unfortunately, we don't have any big pieces, but maybe we could get something decent for Helm, or anything at all for Green, Daley or Howard...

4 hours ago, krsmith17 said:

No clue. It's not like he'd have much negotiating power though. Still an RFA, and held out this full season. I would think it would be a 1-2 year prove it deal, sub $2M. 

Coleman is a very good middle six winger. It is overpayment for Tampa, but that's the price you pay if you want to upgrade at the deadline. Prices are high, which is a great thing for the sellers. Unfortunately, we don't have any big pieces, but maybe we could get something decent for Helm, or anything at all for Green, Daley or Howard...

If that’s the case, I’d be fine with it. Hopefully the Wings have someone oversees scouting him.

We don’t have any big pieces, but maybe Yzerman can get creative. Find a team looking for a couple players. Maybe packaging guys together (for example trading Green and Helm in the same package) will get us a higher pick then trading them separately.

Edited by kliq

41 minutes ago, kliq said:

If that’s the case, I’d be fine with it. Hopefully the Wings have someone oversees scouting him.

We don’t have any big pieces, but maybe Yzerman can get creative. Find a team looking for a couple players. Maybe packaging guys together (for example trading Green and Helm in the same pancake) will get us a higher pick then trading them separately.

Mmm pancakes...

Yeah, a package of players could work, but I'm not sure how many teams will be in the market for, or have the cap space to add a 4th line winger and a 3rd pairing defenseman. Even with 50% retained on Helm and Green, they'd still be looking at over $4.6M for two players that likely don't move the needle a whole lot. Personally, I think Helm may have more value than Green at this point in their careers.

Maybe if one of our player's perceived value is a 3rd round pick, we could trade that player along with an early 3rd round pick for a late 1st round pick... That's the kind of trade I'd like to see Yzerman make...

9 minutes ago, krsmith17 said:

Mmm pancakes...

Yeah, a package of players could work, but I'm not sure how many teams will be in the market for, or have the cap space to add a 4th line winger and a 3rd pairing defenseman. Even with 50% retained on Helm and Green, they'd still be looking at over $4.6M for two players that likely don't move the needle a whole lot. Personally, I think Helm may have more value than Green at this point in their careers.

Maybe if one of our player's perceived value is a 3rd round pick, we could trade that player along with an early 3rd round pick for a late 1st round pick... That's the kind of trade I'd like to see Yzerman make...

I just used those two players as examples. It will be a challenge for sure, I'm just hoping Yzerman explores all options. 

1 hour ago, kliq said:

We don’t have any big pieces, but maybe Yzerman can get creative. Find a team looking for a couple players. Maybe packaging guys together (for example trading Green and Helm in the same pancake) will get us a higher pick then trading them separately.

Wouldn't that be a sam-ich?

28 minutes ago, krsmith17 said:

Mmm pancakes...

haha just seeing that now.

9 minutes ago, LeftWinger said:

So Verbeek has been seen a lot in Denver. Winder who he's watching. you wouldn't think that if they were just trading for a pick that he'd be in town watching games. Especially the Asst. GM.

He may not be there scouting one player in particular, but it does seem like Colorado may be inquiring about Athanasiou. Any time a team shows interest in one of your players, it makes sense to scout that team. They're obviously not giving up any of their top young players, and we're not going to acquire any older players. If we are trading Athanasiou to Colorado, I would hope we get a prospect like Kaut along with a pick.

2 hours ago, krsmith17 said:

He may not be there scouting one player in particular, but it does seem like Colorado may be inquiring about Athanasiou. Any time a team shows interest in one of your players, it makes sense to scout that team. They're obviously not giving up any of their top young players, and we're not going to acquire any older players. If we are trading Athanasiou to Colorado, I would hope we get a prospect like Kaut along with a pick.

Source? 

https://www.tsn.ca/countdown-to-tradecentre-where-do-the-colorado-avalanche-go-from-here-1.1444488

Lists Helm and Glendenning as possible (cheaper) Avs targets. But I think it's just speculation. 

34 minutes ago, The 91 of Ryans said:

Source? 

https://www.tsn.ca/countdown-to-tradecentre-where-do-the-colorado-avalanche-go-from-here-1.1444488

Lists Helm and Glendenning as possible (cheaper) Avs targets. But I think it's just speculation

It's all speculation, including what I said, based on (probably nothing) Verbeek scouting the Aves game. Maybe they are more interested in Helm / Glendening. Who knows...

3 minutes ago, krsmith17 said:

It's all speculation, including what I said, based on (probably nothing) Verbeek scouting the Aves game. Maybe they are more interested in Helm / Glendening. Who knows...

K. You sounded pretty confident. I thought maybe you had heard this from a reliable source. 

26 minutes ago, The 91 of Ryans said:

K. You sounded pretty confident. I thought maybe you had heard this from a reliable source. 

I'm not sure how "it does seem", "may be" sounds confident, but nah, no source. Partly speculation, partly wishful thinking...

6 minutes ago, krsmith17 said:

I'm not sure how "it does seem", "may be" sounds confident, but nah, no source. Partly speculation, partly wishful thinking...

Well you singled out AA for some reason when other sources are also throwing around other names. You let your wishful thinking/preference dictate your perception of who the Avs might be interested in when in reality there could be 3 or 4 guys that fit the bill. 

27 minutes ago, AtlantaHotWings said:

We have 2 players in the top 20 ...thought number 20 is pretty interesting

Screen Shot 2020-02-18 at 11.22.39 AM.png

We definitely have the space opening up to eat a bad contract for a year or two. Would be nice to take advantage of that and stack up some more draft picks. 

On Blake Coleman, when I read the trade last night I honestly thought it was for Blake Comeau

I was like alright Blake Comeau is high-end bottom 6 guy (or at least was) and he hits everything that moves and shoots a ton. I can see why Tampa wants him.

Then I started realizing no one really knew much about Blake Coleman, which confused me since Blake Comeau has been in the league for a while, and then I realized oh crap Coleman and Comeau are two different people. So I checked Coleman's stats and he hits everything that moves and shoots a ton.

And now I'm even more confused.

Edited by ChristopherReevesLegs

So, at what point do we start talking about the elephant in the room?  Namely, that Leon Draisaitl is the best player in the NHL and it's really not even that close. Dude's got 10 points in the 4 games McDavid has been out of the lineup, basically putting to bed the "well I'd score on McDavid's wing too" narrative AND he plays Selke caliber defense. 

Edited by kipwinger

1 hour ago, kipwinger said:

So, at what point do we start talking about the elephant in the room?  Namely, that Leon Draisaitl is the best player in the NHL and it's really not even that close. Dude's got 10 points in the 4 games McDavid has been out of the lineup, basically putting to bed the "well I'd score on McDavid's wing too" narrative AND he plays Selke caliber defense. 

Draisaitl is elite, but I wouldn't say he's better than McDavid. The "narrative" you're referring to doesn't apply to elite players. They're going to get points anyway.

21 minutes ago, Neomaxizoomdweebie said:

Draisaitl is elite, but I wouldn't say he's better than McDavid. The "narrative" you're referring to doesn't apply to elite players. They're going to get points anyway.

It's hard to say he's not better in some very key areas than McDavid though.  He's better defensively for sure, better face off guy, kills penalties, and scores more goals.  McDavid has him in playmaking, and is certainly a better transition player, but it's not obvious to me that McDavid is the better overall player. Reminds me a bit of 2008 Datsyuk vs. 2008 Crosby.

Edited by kipwinger

2 hours ago, kipwinger said:

Let’s or forget the most important thing, that being that he is carrying my fantasy team towards a first round bye!

Kidding aside, id agree with the idea he is the second best player in the league, but I can’t call him better then McDavid.