• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Bring Back The Bruise Bros

News From Around the NHL *Mod warning page 75*

Rate this topic

41 minutes ago, kipwinger said:

It's hard to say he's not better in some very key areas than McDavid though.  He's better defensively for sure, better face off guy, kills penalties, and scores more goals.  McDavid has him in playmaking, and is certainly a better transition player, but it's not obvious to me that McDavid is the better overall player. Reminds me a bit of 2008 Datsyuk vs. 2008 Crosby.

Speed: McDavid
Defense: Draisaitl
Goals: Draisaitl
Playmaking: McDavid
Dogma: McDavid

3 to 2 McDavid. You lose again nob.

17 minutes ago, kliq said:

Let’s or forget the most important thing, that being that he is carrying my fantasy team towards a first round bye!

Kidding aside, id agree with the idea he is the second best player in the league, but I can’t call him better then McDavid.

Like I said, it's 2008 Datsyuk vs. Crosby.  No denying that McDavid has been the better point producer (like Crosby was) but Draisaitl is the better all around player (like Datsyuk was).  He just influences the game in so many more ways, AND now he's finally out producing McDavid too.

1 minute ago, ChristopherReevesLegs said:

Speed: McDavid
Defense: Draisaitl
Goals: Draisaitl
Playmaking: McDavid
Dogma: McDavid

3 to 2 McDavid. You lose again nob.

Sick burn.  But you forgot a few things.  Size/Strength: Draisaitl, Faceoffs: Draisaitl.  P/60: Draisaitl.  So this knob figures it 5 to 3 for Leon. 

5 minutes ago, kipwinger said:

Sick burn.  But you forgot a few things.  Size/Strength: Draisaitl, Faceoffs: Draisaitl.  P/60: Draisaitl.  So this knob figures it 5 to 3 for Leon. 

Interesting. You're correct his P/60 5v5 is better. McDavid's is a bit better on the PP, but I without a doubt favor 5v5.

Here's another thing though. Driasaitl is still only #6 in the league in P/60...

1 minute ago, The 91 of Ryans said:

No question he's the best player this season. 

Kenny died and went to heaven. I can't wait to asterisks the fukk out of all his next cup wins. Inherited 

Basically how I'll feel if Tampa wins the Cup as well.

1 minute ago, The 91 of Ryans said:

All you need to really know about Tampa right now is that their Vezina goalie was taken in some draft because Yzerman did Holland. In a dark alley. 

It was sexy

Fat lotta good it did him. I'd argue that Tampa has been the bigger disappointment since then.  Tampa has elite talent at every position and can't win anything. They're like Uber-Toronto. People think Dubas built a soft team?  Watch the Lightening wither against an aggressive forecheck.  Detroit is supposed to suck right now. Tampa has no excuse for not winning.

11 minutes ago, kipwinger said:

Fat lotta good it did him. I'd argue that Tampa has been the bigger disappointment since then.  Tampa has elite talent at every position and can't win anything. They're like Uber-Toronto. People think Dubas built a soft team?  Watch the Lightening wither against an aggressive forecheck.  Detroit is supposed to suck right now. Tampa has no excuse for not winning.

You're right. Last year was especially disappointing. With BriseBois as GM. 

Tampa has been suffering the same issues the early to mid-90's Wings teams did. Too much skill, not enough grit. Adding guys like Coleman will no doubt help them. They are also playing far more complete hockey this season, which is why they sucked so bad early on. 

The fact that they are also kind of flying under the radar this season as well will also go a long way for their upcoming playoff run. They will be like the Caps. Fail when the expectations are there, then win it all just when nobody thinks they can. 

On 2/20/2020 at 11:35 AM, marcaractac said:

Tampa has been suffering the same issues the early to mid-90's Wings teams did. Too much skill, not enough grit. Adding guys like Coleman will no doubt help them. They are also playing far more complete hockey this season, which is why they sucked so bad early on. 

The fact that they are also kind of flying under the radar this season as well will also go a long way for their upcoming playoff run. They will be like the Caps. Fail when the expectations are there, then win it all just when nobody thinks they can. 

regarding Tamps, and also Byfuglien, heard that Winnipeg has exhausted all trade possibilities for him, I am surprised that Tampa didn't go for him considering their lack of grit and toughness, for a Cup run this season.  He is a UFA after this year. Not unless Winnipeg was looking for a big return for him. I do believe that TSN has reported that any team that may acquire him would only be hit with a $1.8M-ish cap hit for the rest of the season.

Edited by LeftWinger

7 minutes ago, LeftWinger said:

regarding Tamps, and also Byfuglien, heard that Winnipeg has exhausted all trade possibilities for him, I am surprised that Tampa didn't go for him considering their lack of grit and toughness, for a Cup run this season.  He is a UFA after this year. Not unless Winnipeg was looking for a big return for him. I do believe that TSN has reported that any team that may acquire him would only be hit with a $1.8M-ish cap hit for the rest of the season.

Buff has one more year left after this season ends, which is what would make things difficult for Tampa. There is also no guarantee he'll even play.

5 hours ago, Neomaxizoomdweebie said:

Lol. Did Mabus crackdown on all of the political avatars? Wonder if that's why CRL hasn't been around?

Just noticed that...I had mine for a hot minute, but I soon realized that ya can't do wrong with having Stevie & Shanny...

Stevie Y and Shanny.gif