• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Bring Back The Bruise Bros

News From Around the NHL *Mod warning page 75*

Rate this topic

4 minutes ago, ChristopherReevesLegs said:

Like how everyone else is? Suddenly hating on AA because of one down season where we are the worst team in the league? Don't forget 30 in '19

AA is a 15 - 20 goal defensive black hole middle six scrub who padded his stats late last year because he had some good vegan take-out or something and single-handedly cost this team a top four pick with his mean-nothing run. I will never forgive him. Yzerman is a God for a) trading his sorry ass b) turning the disaster of drafting outside the 2019 top 4 into Moritz Seider. You should be grateful. 

2 minutes ago, The 91 of Ryans said:

AA is a 15 - 20 goal defensive black hole middle six scrub who padded his stats late last year because he had some good vegan take-out or something and single-handedly cost this team a top four pick with his mean-nothing run. I will never forgive him. Yzerman is a God for a) trading his sorry ass b) turning the disaster of drafting outside the 2019 top 4 into Moritz Seider. You should be grateful. 

So youre saying AA single handedly won games for the Wings down the stretch?  Sounds likee a stud to me.

22 minutes ago, The 91 of Ryans said:

Didn't matter where we drafted really. #1 or 6, 7, etc. Seider was the best player in that draft and we got him at 6.

1 hour ago, ChristopherReevesLegs said:

Like how everyone else is? Suddenly hating on AA because of one down season where we are the worst team in the league? Don't forget 30 in '19

Like how you are? Suddenly hating on Larkin because of one down season where we are the worst team in the league? Don't forget 73 in '19

2 minutes ago, krsmith17 said:

Like how you are? Suddenly hating on Larkin because of one down season where we are the worst team in the league? Don't forget 73 in '19

Yeah but we didn't trade Larkin, who's hopefully gonna rebound

AA now will never get that opportunity here.

It's classic Red Wings honestly. Larkin gets babied and pampered, AA gets treated like dirt. Been that way all season.

4 minutes ago, ChristopherReevesLegs said:

Yeah but we didn't trade Larkin, who's hopefully gonna rebound

AA now will never get that opportunity here.

It's classic Red Wings honestly. Larkin gets babied and pampered, AA gets treated like dirt. Been that way all season.

It's almost as if you think Larkin and Athanasiou are even remotely comparable...

10 minutes ago, krsmith17 said:

It's almost as if you think Larkin and Athanasiou are even remotely comparable...

Both young. Both fast. Both talented. Both centers. Both potted 30+ in '19. Both having down seasons.

1 traded. The brown guy... and yzerman sold low on him

Edited by ChristopherReevesLegs

6 minutes ago, ChristopherReevesLegs said:

Both young. Both fast. Both talented. Both centers. Both potted 30+ in '19. Both having down seasons.

1 traded. The brown guy...

One is a center, the other is a winger. One plays great defensively, the other cheats offensively. One is the future captain, the other wasn't in the future plans.

I highly doubt his race had anything to do with the decision to trade him...

1 minute ago, krsmith17 said:

One is a center, the other is a winger. One plays great defensively, the other cheats offensively. One is the future captain, the other wasn't in the future plans.

Blash played him at C last year. It's not AA's fault Blash has cobwebs for brains and gave up on that in favor of a washed up Filppula so quickly. He coulda been developed as a center with an actually decent coach I suspect.

Seider is captain.

3 minutes ago, ChristopherReevesLegs said:

Blash played him at C last year. It's not AA's fault Blash has cobwebs for brains and gave up on that in favor of a washed up Filppula so quickly. He coulda been developed as a center with an actually decent coach I suspect.

All Blashill's fault.

3 minutes ago, ChristopherReevesLegs said:

Seider is captain.

Sure...

23 minutes ago, ChristopherReevesLegs said:

1 traded. The brown guy... and yzerman sold low on him

AA center? You don't get to troll on this anymore. Your obvious is showing lol

This is a pretty funny discussion.  I recall one of the participants here CONSTANTLY b*tching about how Mike Babcock ruined Brendan Smith because Babs wouldn't play Smith with Kronwall.  Seems like the shoe is on the other foot now.

1 minute ago, kipwinger said:

This is a pretty funny discussion.  I recall one of the participants here CONSTANTLY b*tching about how Mike Babcock ruined Brendan Smith because Babs wouldn't play Smith with Kronwall.  Seems like the shoe is on the other foot now.

What the f*** are you talking about? I'm not in any way saying that a coach can't ruin a players development. They absolutely can, and anyone that believes otherwise, is delusional. I don't believe Blashill "ruined" Athanasiou. However, I fully admit that AA wasn't always put in the best situation to succeed. He's gone now though, so who gives a f***? We got a reasonable return for a one-dimensional winger.

18 minutes ago, krsmith17 said:

What the f*** are you talking about? I'm not in any way saying that a coach can't ruin a players development. They absolutely can, and anyone that believes otherwise, is delusional. I don't believe Blashill "ruined" Athanasiou. However, I fully admit that AA wasn't always put in the best situation to succeed. He's gone now though, so who gives a f***? We got a reasonable return for a one-dimensional winger.

You probably don't believe in a lot of things that are true.  Or vice versa.  Your belief system doesn't really matter all that much though.  You've said it yourself, coaches ruin players all the time by not playing them high enough in the lineup. AA is no different.  Just like Smith and Jurco before him.

16 minutes ago, kipwinger said:

You probably don't believe in a lot of things that are true.  Or vice versa.  Your belief system doesn't really matter all that much though.  You've said it yourself, coaches ruin players all the time by not playing them high enough in the lineup. AA is no different.  Just like Smith and Jurco before him.

It's cute that you think that your "belief system" does matter...

Athanasiou possibly could have been a better player under a different coach. I'm not disputing that. So now all of a sudden you're saying Babcock did ruin Smith and Jurco. That's pretty convenient...

4 hours ago, krsmith17 said:

I really dislike the thought of Larkin as Captain... let's wait on Seider he's this team's future... Larkin is a bridge to get us there.

48 minutes ago, mackel said:

I really dislike the thought of Larkin as Captain... let's wait on Seider he's this team's future... Larkin is a bridge to get us there.

Ummm...I think you're forgetting someone?  You can't spell Czadina without a "C".

AA has two points in 5, playing for a coach that has helped Draisaitl become Dastyuk on juice. I know it's small samples n stuff but we luv to cherry pix round here. Related: there may not be a better water-from-stone coach in the league than Tippett who now has his ultimate work cut out for him with his newly acquired "center". Cuz with Ganger's comparable play it almost looks like Yzerman just traded Kuffner for two second rounders.  Crazy eh? 

8 hours ago, mackel said:

I'm sure you do. You're down on Larkin after a down season. Everyone would have been okay with the decision to name Larkin captain last offseason. Now, let's move onto the newest shiny toy - Seider...

Larkin is absolutely part of this team's future, and will be named captain before next season. Might as well get used to it now. Seider will get an 'A' at some point.

2 hours ago, krsmith17 said:

I'm sure you do. You're down on Larkin after a down season. Everyone would have been okay with the decision to name Larkin captain last offseason. Now, let's move onto the newest shiny toy - Seider...

Larkin is absolutely part of this team's future, and will be named captain before next season. Might as well get used to it now. Seider will get an 'A' at some point.

You have become more powerful than I could possibly imagine

One day were gonna do Seider v. Larkin aren't we? Today isn't that day, but I'll bide my time and be ready.

4 hours ago, krsmith17 said:

Nice assumption BUT NO; Actually I've never been more than lukewarm on Larkin... last offseason I'd have gone from "absolutely not" to "f*** if we have to"...

I think Seider, in a very short time, has shown he has a much more engaging personality and a higher level of maturity.

I'd love to bring in an aging leader for 2-3 years to serve as captain or resign Glendenning for 2-3 years as captain to bridge to Seider.