• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Bring Back The Bruise Bros

News From Around the NHL *Mod warning page 75*

Rate this topic

46 minutes ago, Akakabuto said:

This is great news for Detroit. I was hoping it would dip to around $78-80M next season, but I'll take a flat cap for the next three.

This is a prime opportunity for Yzerman to acquire some major assets (prospects / picks) from teams like Toronto, Tampa, St. Louis,  etc...

47 minutes ago, krsmith17 said:

This is great news for Detroit. I was hoping it would dip to around $78-80M next season, but I'll take a flat cap for the next three.

This is a prime opportunity for Yzerman to acquire some major assets (prospects / picks) from teams like Toronto, Tampa, St. Louis,  etc...

I seriously hope there are no compliance buy-outs included. Bad contracts will hurt others way more than us. In fact, I'm not even sure Abdelkaders and Nielsens contracts are going to be painful at all. When the cap opens up in 3 years both will be off the roster as well.

We currently sit with over 30 milion in cap space for next season with only Mantha and Bertuzzi to "worry" about.

Defense will never be a problem. Prospects will roll into the roster the next coming years and the worst contract we have is DK at 5. Our D-budget allows us to make significant additions even under a flat cap. I can see us add a veteran defenseman this year and another next year after Nemeths contract expires.

On 6/16/2020 at 10:18 AM, The 91 of Ryans said:

Senior VP of Buisness Admin!!?? LOL

Why not just make Eichel player-coach-GM and be done with it? 

I do feel bad for Botterhill. The Pegulas are proving to be a s*** show.

By all reports I've read it sounds like they constantly intervened and forced him to make deals like the Skinner one. Skinner is going to f*** them for a LONG time in a big way. And at the end of the day they fired Botterhill for being a good boy. Never had a chance. Terry Pegula is a rich old oil man who's having fun playing sports now, but doesn't actually know what he's doing. Now he has business admin to be his puppet. I'm moving back to the Buffalo area next week. Should be fun. I've talked to Brad May a few times in the past. He absolutely hated working for the Sabres. "Joke team" were his own words. Last I heard from him he wanted a job with the Ducks so he could move back to Cali permanently, but it doesn't seem like that came to fruition.

On 6/17/2020 at 1:14 PM, Wheelchairsuperhero said:

Wasn't sure where to put this, but...

Wat | Know Your Meme

Ended up being false. That crazy priest is indeed Datsyuks personal confessor and life coach, but he was not holed up in the monastery with him.

But when I said Pavel is a homophobic religious nut job... does anyone doubt me now?

Maybe it's just me - maybe I'm odd, but I have a tough time watching both of these teams when they wore their $hitty looking jerseys these past 10 plus years.

Now when the Wings aren't playing - I'll have no problem watching either of these teams while donning those sweet 'retro' sweaters.

On 10/8/2020 at 10:53 AM, F.Michael said:

Maybe it's just me - maybe I'm odd, but I have a tough time watching both of these teams when they wore their $hitty looking jerseys these past 10 plus years.

Now when the Wings aren't playing - I'll have no problem watching either of these teams while donning those sweet 'retro' sweaters.

Reminds me of playing NHL 1997 on my parents' computer LOL.  Definitely brings me back to when I first fell in love with hockey.