• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Bring Back The Bruise Bros

News From Around the NHL *Mod warning page 75*

Rate this topic

30 minutes ago, LeftWinger said:

8 team playoff, so that's 24 teams in the lottery? That is absolutely asinine. Since this is special circumstances for the season, there should be a special circumstance for the lottery. Only the bottom 10 teams have a shot, 11-31 are seeded in order (and playoff order.) Teams can only drop 2 spots instead of 3. I am still ok with teams jumping as far as they can, because if they change it to only jump up 3 points, we'll wind up 10th and have zero chance of doing what has been happening over the past few season's, 10-13 jump into the top 3. That would be our luck. Make official rule changes in 21-22.

The tweet says OHL, not NHL GM's.

8 hours ago, LeftWinger said:

8 team playoff, so that's 24 teams in the lottery? That is absolutely asinine. Since this is special circumstances for the season, there should be a special circumstance for the lottery. Only the bottom 10 teams have a shot, 11-31 are seeded in order (and playoff order.) Teams can only drop 2 spots instead of 3. I am still ok with teams jumping as far as they can, because if they change it to only jump up 3 points, we'll wind up 10th and have zero chance of doing what has been happening over the past few season's, 10-13 jump into the top 3. That would be our luck. Make official rule changes in 21-22.

What do you mean by “we”? Are you a spitfires fan lol? Or are you thinking this is NHL?

Edited by kliq

On 11/10/2020 at 8:07 AM, Jaymister said:

No hitting in the OHL this year, is hockey turning into touch football?!

Hockey without hitting is like All-Star-Game all the time, nothing I would be interested in watching and I don´t see benefit in that. There will be Covid infections regardless, so let them play proper hockey....

On 11/10/2020 at 2:07 AM, Jaymister said:

No hitting in the OHL this year, is hockey turning into touch football?!

Yeah that's going to suck for Albin Grewe, Kid can't even put his Kronwall on.

On 11/11/2020 at 1:13 PM, F.Michael said:

Anyone else like the idea of Hanifin becoming a Red Wing?

https://www.hockeyfeed.com/nhl-news/report-hanifin-trade-talks-pick-up-steam?ref=sidebar

Murphy is a hack he's worse then Eklund when it comes to rumors, While Hanifin would be nice. It's probably going to be to expensive to acquire him.

It's not really that hard to figure out. No realignment (even a temporary one) is going to pass without a majority of the owners supporting it. And owners of non-traditional markets would be stupid to agree to a division in which they all play against each other. They'd lose tons of revenue. If you're Tampa, would you rather have Detroit and Chicago come to town or Carolina and Dallas?

Back when they proposed the realignment a few years ago everybody was all excited about the possibility of an Original Six Division. It was the dumbest thing ever. Why would any owner agree to a realignment plan in which all the most lucrative organizations, with the most established fan bases, all played each other and not you?

3 hours ago, ely s said:

Somebody ain't gonna be a Lightning next year! Wonder who is looking over their shoulders? There are a LOT of NTC's to be waived on that team!

Edited by LeftWinger

13 hours ago, LeftWinger said:

Somebody ain't gonna be a Lightning next year! Wonder who is looking over their shoulders? There are a LOT of NTC's to be waived on that team!

the have to trade two players or Stamkos, it will be interesting to see how that works out.

2 hours ago, ely s said:

the have to trade two players or Stamkos, it will be interesting to see how that works out.

I would take Stamkos (plus another asset) in exchange for a 3rd or lower round pick. He has his injury issues the last couple of season's but he is still a pretty elite player. He would have to waive his NMC, but heck, almost all the players that they would "need" to move will have to waive some kind of clause. Not sure is Yzerman would want to take on the 4 years left on the contract though...plus I am not giving him the #91 to wear, unless Fedorov says it is ok, and as an incentive tell Fedorov it'll be retired when the 4 years are up.

Edited by LeftWinger

On 11/26/2020 at 5:46 PM, LeftWinger said:

I would take Stamkos (plus another asset) in exchange for a 3rd or lower round pick. He has his injury issues the last couple of season's but he is still a pretty elite player. He would have to waive his NMC, but heck, almost all the players that they would "need" to move will have to waive some kind of clause. Not sure is Yzerman would want to take on the 4 years left on the contract though...plus I am not giving him the #91 to wear, unless Fedorov says it is ok, and as an incentive tell Fedorov it'll be retired when the 4 years are up.

If he would be willing to come, I would take him too. Our pp would benefit big time and it would take pressure of BLM but I doubt he would be interested.

On 11/25/2020 at 8:07 PM, LeftWinger said:

And my bet is on Alex Killorn and Tyler Johnson being out the door. Julien BriseBois will need to get creative to move Johnson's contract.

On 11/26/2020 at 11:46 AM, LeftWinger said:

100% take Stamkos if he were willing to waive for Detroit, Just don't think he will even with a cup under his belt. 

On 11/26/2020 at 1:16 PM, LeftWinger said:

Tampa desperately need to shed cap space, but if they decide to trade Stamkos, he wouldn't strictly be a cap dump. They're not giving up assets to get rid of him. They would still get a pretty big return for him. Despite his injury history and age, he's still an elite, over a point per game player. He would instantly become our best player.

You're not getting Stamkos (plus another asset) for a 3rd round pick or lower... Not even close. Remove the "other asset", bump the pick up to a 2nd, and include a top prospect, and it might be enough to get the conversation started...

I like Stamkos a lot, but we're not in a position to be giving up premium assets for a 30+ player, regardless how much he would improve the team in the short term.

3 hours ago, diehardredwingsfan58 said:

And my bet is on Alex Killorn and Tyler Johnson being out the door. Julien BriseBois will need to get creative to move Johnson's contract.

Yes, these are the players (along with Gourde) that BriseBois will likely be looking to trade as camp dumps. The return would have to be pretty significant for me to want to take on 3-5 years at $4.5-5M of any of those middle six, past their prime forwards... I'd want at least a 1st round pick, plus for each of them.

5 hours ago, krsmith17 said:

Tampa desperately need to shed cap space, but if they decide to trade Stamkos, he wouldn't strictly be a cap dump. They're not giving up assets to get rid of him. They would still get a pretty big return for him. Despite his injury history and age, he's still an elite, over a point per game player. He would instantly become our best player.

You're not getting Stamkos (plus another asset) for a 3rd round pick or lower... Not even close. Remove the "other asset", bump the pick up to a 2nd, and include a top prospect, and it might be enough to get the conversation started...

I like Stamkos a lot, but we're not in a position to be giving up premium assets for a 30+ player, regardless how much he would improve the team in the short term.

Yes, these are the players (along with Gourde) that BriseBois will likely be looking to trade as camp dumps. The return would have to be pretty significant for me to want to take on 3-5 years at $4.5-5M of any of those middle six, past their prime forwards... I'd want at least a 1st round pick, plus for each of them.

This all makes sense...  Christmas miracles do happen!

5 hours ago, ely s said:

https://www.mlive.com/redwings/2020/12/nhl-eyes-mid-january-start-52-or-56-game-schedule.html

with a mid january start and 50+ games, when will be the TDL?

Well considering they're removing half of the calendar season and still playing over half a season's worth of games, I would guess that the end of the regular season and TDL would both be a month later than usual.