• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Bring Back The Bruise Bros

News From Around the NHL *Mod warning page 75*

Rate this topic

If the puck drops in 24 days teams have some serious moves to make

outside of the obvious tampa bay And vegas with possibly fleury who are teams who have to drop salary by jan 13 the wings can take advantage of?

thinking islanders and leo komorov probably be the main target theyd look to move ... guessing possibly a 2022 2nd and a 4th ? We can flip erne back to them To make it work im over erne

who else is in current cap hell?

Granlund returning to nashville

yzerman said today hes got some more moves to possibly make, i know we have a taxi squad and all but were already adding rasmussen and brome as well probably smith ... cant see any way svechnikov possibly makes the team at this point 

Guessing adding a bad contract is in the cards likely and i we dare to sign another ufa would he dare bring back AA and thus get gagner and 2 2nds for basically free?or target a haula or soderstrom?

Cant see anyone else worth signing in the free agency market ... unless sami vatanen who id be down to sign and flip but it would likely mean the end of Cholowski 

15 hours ago, Akakabuto said:

The broadcasters are gonna zoom in on the helmets at every stop of play now making sure sponsors gets their moneys worth?

That check delivered by CapitalOne speaking of checks CapitalOne offers .007 interest on all checking accounts. 

1 hour ago, The 91 of Ryan said:

Nashville gets Haula too

Yup for a 1.75 , id have given him 3-3.25 x1 he could of fetched a 2nd at least . Theres zero chance of us resigning AA or him wanting to come back (dont blame him) but id give him 1.5-2 x1 and flip him yet again if tampa continues being a whiny *****

Edited by nyqvististhefuture

21 hours ago, The 91 of Ryan said:

Andddddddddddd Tampa signs Cernak ($3 mil) and Rutta ($1.3 mil)

I honestly don't see how they are going to do it without trading someone. They are $6.5M over the cap, IF Sergachev is "injured" then that only frees up $4.8M in LTIR. If the NHL somehow "allows" these teams to circumvent the cap issues, then this will be even more corrupt than the draft lottery!

...of course with the whole taxi squad thing, which I am assuming will NOT count against the cap, they could just move $2M off their roster to the taxi squad and replace them with a sub-million dollar call-up...reeks I tell you, it reeks! I am thinking if this were announced during the buyout period, then Yzerman probably would've opted to place Abby there instead of buying him out at 6 years and just waited until next season to buy him out...ugh, Gary Bettman is so ******* shady!!!!

Edited by LeftWinger

Bahaha kucherov out for the season as i predicted , amazing how all these teams are miraculously saved ah ? I dont care that hes their best player they easily make the playoffs and keep all assets and teams intact and he “miraculously “ returns for playoffs

Lets just overpay hoffman and make him a huge trade deadline bait . Get it done stevie ... who cares that his gf is a whackjob

1 hour ago, The 91 of Ryan said:

Very convenient that he didn't get the surgery in October... or November... or December... and that they have waited till January so he can be back precisely when the playoffs begin and the cap becomes irrelevant...

Ha id like to see this “surgery”, gonna probably drink some beers and love life till game 1 of the playoffs ... might make it game 2 or 3 depending on the first game or 2 of the playoffs so its not so “obvious”

these teams are miraculously being saved somehow ... hoffman is probably going to get 3 per off a middle of the Pact team just give him 6 mill x1 so we can flip him for a 1st+ . No more sitting around waiting for these fools

31 Thoughts by Elliotte Friedman

5. Vince Dunn was off the second power play in St. Louis’s morning skate Tuesday at Vegas. Coach Craig Berube would not reveal his lineup, but will that mean a healthy scratch?

Dunn has had a rough start, but his talent is respected. St. Louis had a lot of trade talks about him in the summer before signing him. They are believed to be looking for a first rounder.

Iirc @kipwinger was pretty high on him (right?). Ignoring the 1st round pick part - they are not getting that anyway. Whould anybody be interested? Start of negotiations with a 2021 2nd pick? Wings got three of those.

Right side D is shaping up nicely with Seider and Hronek. Need some help on LD though. Prospects are still a few years away.

2 minutes ago, Akakabuto said:

5. Vince Dunn was off the second power play in St. Louis’s morning skate Tuesday at Vegas. Coach Craig Berube would not reveal his lineup, but will that mean a healthy scratch?

Dunn has had a rough start, but his talent is respected. St. Louis had a lot of trade talks about him in the summer before signing him. They are believed to be looking for a first rounder.

Iirc @kipwinger was pretty high on him (right?). Ignoring the 1st round pick part - they are not getting that anyway. Whould anybody be interested? Start of negotiations with a 2021 2nd pick? Wings got three of those.

Well if Kip was high on him, then yes! We must trade for him at all cost (rolls eyes) 

My real answer is "no, no real interest". 

18 minutes ago, Akakabuto said:

Right side D is shaping up nicely with Seider and Hronek. Need some help on LD though. Prospects are still a few years away.

I would like to see Lindstrom given a fair chance as a RHD. I liked what I saw in his limited time with Detroit. If he can develope a steady defensive game as a 3rd pair, it's win.

Just now, The 91 of Ryans said:

Which I reserve only for this kiddie pool of a forum. You know, "When in Rome,.........." Oh wait! Please tell me your thoughts on using analogies! Are they low wit too? 

Analogies are cool. 

Seriously though, I'll admit that I don't know much about Dunn - I don't follow the western conference too closely - but wasn't he paired with Parayko in the top 4 on that cup winning team? Being a healthy scratch 3 weeks in doesn't look good but buying low could mean profit and the Wings can afford it.

What don't you like about the guy?

1 minute ago, Akakabuto said:

Analogies are cool. 

Seriously though, I'll admit that I don't know much about Dunn - I don't follow the western conference too closely - but wasn't he paired with Parayko in the top 4 on that cup winning team? Being a healthy scratch 3 weeks in doesn't look good but buying low could mean profit and the Wings can afford it.

What don't you like about the guy?

Sure. If we want to do a DLR for Fabbri type deal. Take a flier on him. I wouldn't part with a 2nd.

25 minutes ago, The 91 of Ryans said:

I'd rather keep the 2nds and swing for the fences on risky high skill ceiling guys . 

Wings need to swing for the fences with all their picks imho.

I would be willing to give up one of the later 2nds(EDM and NYR) but if a similar deal as DLR for Fabbri could be done I would of course favor that. 

Krug, Parayko and Faulk will surely be protected by STL in the expansion draft which means they are better off trading him for whatever they can get during the season rather than losing him for nothing after. This also means that the team that acquire him needs to be able to protect him as well.  

STL fans say that the team need a defensive defenseman. Nemeth? 

Edited by Akakabuto