• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Bring Back The Bruise Bros

News From Around the NHL *Mod warning page 75*

Rate this topic

our next coach should have heard of this powerthingie,eh, power play thing, I´ve heard it´s real good stuff, you can score goals and all sorts of stuff with it, like winning games and all the other weird shxt, like going to overtime and so on...

Edited by ely s

44 minutes ago, ely s said:

our next coach should have heard of this powerthingie,eh, power play thing, I´ve heard it´s real good stuff, you can score goals and all sorts of stuff with it, like winning games and all the other weird shxt, like going to overtime and so on...

I thought our poweplay is our enforcer?

5 minutes ago, ely s said:

Ryan would be nice, but Glenny has to stay. I wouldn´t even mind an "overpayment" to keep him.

Comparable players can be had on the cheap in FA.  I'd moved virtually everyone on this team st this point.

our powerplay is a slap in the face. In the days when I moved around painfree and no grey hair had reached my head, that was the time when we had a pp. The struggles began under Babcock and are reaching new lows every year. 

2 hours ago, Neomaxizoomdweebie said:

Glendening will be on the roster next season even if hes traded this season.

Meh, we can get a new reclamation project in FA this summer... sell high on Ryan.

Glendenning is a 4th liner... therefore I'm indifferent to his presence.  

12 hours ago, mackel said:

Meh, we can get a new reclamation project in FA this summer... sell high on Ryan.

Glendenning is a 4th liner... therefore I'm indifferent to his presence.  

1. Hardworking bottom 6 Grinder

2. Right handed shot

3. Good at faceoffs

4. Defensively sound

5. Proficient at wing or center

6. Great teammate and locker room presence

7. Highly productive veteran presence

There are always a lot of bottom 6 guys available. But I think if you add up all of Glendening's skills, qualities, intangibles, etc...you will find he is much better player than most at that level.

3 minutes ago, Neomaxizoomdweebie said:

2. Right handed shot

3. Good at faceoffs

4. Defensively sound

There are always a lot of bottom 6 guys available. But I think if you add up all of Glendening's skills, qualities, intangibles, etc...you will find he is much better player than most at that level.

With all due respect I think that it comes down to homer bias, not calling you out, but fans in general... we know the players and observe these players with the same sort of objectivity parents view their children with.  They are ours, so we value them beyond their objective worth.

I'd trade Glendenning in a heartbeat and I feel we can get another player with a similar profile in FA, heck we may be able to get the same player back in FA and add a late 2nd or early 3rd round pick in the process.

11 minutes ago, mackel said:

With all due respect I think that it comes down to homer bias, not calling you out, but fans in general... we know the players and observe these players with the same sort of objectivity parents view their children with.  They are ours, so we value them beyond their objective worth.

I'd trade Glendenning in a heartbeat and I feel we can get another player with a similar profile in FA, heck we may be able to get the same player back in FA and add a late 2nd or early 3rd round pick in the process.

Ain't that the truth. Soon to be 32 year old hardworking bottom 6er on an overpaid contract. 13 pts and -31 in his last 79 games. No one is going to be forking over anything of significance for this. Probably the most wildly overvalued player on this team by fans.

1 hour ago, Neomaxizoomdweebie said:

2. Right handed shot

3. Good at faceoffs

4. Defensively sound

It will be nice to get him back if traded. Send him to a contender for a 3rd (2nd in a perfect world! :lol:) and re-sign him to a nice raise for helping us out with getting another pick!

seems nearly everyone is available from Nashville. Would you entertain the idea of acquiring Jarnkrok, Fabbro and Ekholm? and at what cost? Would you dump Mantha for them?  (you don't have to take Ekholm if you don't want, what would a good offer be for Fabbro and Jarnkrok?)

Edited by LeftWinger

1 hour ago, LeftWinger said:

BTW:

...still waiting for Svech to get a shot though. May as well send him back to GR to get some playing time.

He has played 3 games in GR this year. 1 assist and 1 goal.

IMO Barber, Hirose, Smith and Brome should be everyday regulars on this team.

Nielsen, Erne, Gagner should all be cut.

11 minutes ago, Gniwder said:

He has played 3 games in GR this year. 1 assist and 1 goal.

IMO Barber, Hirose, Smith and Brome should be everyday regulars on this team.

Nielsen, Erne, Gagner should all be cut.

Let me give you the Red Wings practice lines presented by Jefferson Blashill

https://twitter.com/AnsarKhanMLive/status/1364624754582372353?s=20

#RedWings practice lines and D pairs:

Nielsen-Larkin-Mantha

Ryan-Namestnikov-Zadina

Erne-Glendening-Helm

Brome-Filppula-Gagner

Svechnikov extra Fabbri not skating. Bertuzzi injured.

DeKeyser-Hronek

Staal-Merrill

Djoos-Nemeth

Biega extra Stecher injured.

23 minutes ago, Akakabuto said:

Let me give you the Red Wings practice lines presented by Jefferson Blashill

https://twitter.com/AnsarKhanMLive/status/1364624754582372353?s=20

I just don't understand how you don't move Brome, Glendening, or Filppula into the top 6. Those 3 already play more shifts than anyone else outside the top6. Give them a chance to get something going with the Larkin's of the world.

Sigh

4 hours ago, mackel said:

we may be able to get the same player back in FA and add a late 2nd or early 3rd round pick in the process.

That is exactly what I was saying the team should do.

4 hours ago, Gniwder said:

Ain't that the truth. Soon to be 32 year old hardworking bottom 6er on an overpaid contract. 13 pts and -31 in his last 79 games. No one is going to be forking over anything of significance for this. Probably the most wildly overvalued player on this team by fans.

1. Age is irrelevant if he's still productive.

2. I wouldn't consider 1.5 mil this season as overpayment.

3. He is a grinder, not a scorer.

4. The team as a whole has a very poor +/-, and Glendening is mostly used in defensive roles with a poor defensive team and dman corp. Of course he's in the negative.

5. Way to gloss over the fact that he is 7th on the team in scoring and +/- this season and has the best +/- of anyone on the team who's played more than 13 games. Only 2 players on this team are positive players.

6. He is 10th in the entire NHL in faceoff wins and 23rd in FO win percentage. He's at or near the top of the league among RHers.

7.He will get more back in return than you think. I would disappointed if its only a 3rd or less.

Edited by Neomaxizoomdweebie

2 minutes ago, Neomaxizoomdweebie said:

That is exactly what I was saying the team should do.

1. Age is irrelevant if he's still productive.

2. I wouldn't consider 1.5 mil this season as overpayment.

3. He is a grinder, not a scorer.

4. The team as a whole has a very poor +/-, and Glendening is mostly used in defensive roles with a poor defensive team and dman corp. Of course he's in the negative.

5. Way to gloss over the fact that he is 7th on the team in scoring and +/- this season and has the best +/- of anyone on the team who's played more than 13 games. Only 2 players on this team are positive players.

6. He will get more back in return than you think. I would disappointed if its only a 3rd or less.

1. He's already on the back end of his career, this lowers his value

2. Glendening's cap hit is 1.8 mil. Dobbers predicts he'll make half that next season.

3. Yeah he doesn't produce any offense

6. Every team has one or multiple players in the same mold as Glendening, most of which are younger fresher and at a fraction of the cost. Glendening is not special and he's probably going to remain on the team cause no one will take him.