• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Bring Back The Bruise Bros

News From Around the NHL *Mod warning page 75*

Rate this topic

3 minutes ago, LeftWinger said:

considering his current play, I wonder what we could realistically expect for Mantha in return?

He shoulda been sold this offseason. He'll be 27 in the fall. 3 more seasons at $5.7. Is career average player of about 65 pts a season even with his current play.

I expect a deal would take place in the offseason considering the state of the league, his sizable salary, and the haul he'd likely return.

4 hours ago, kipwinger said:

That Athletic trade board has Carolina's Jake Bean listed as well. The logic being that they'd rather trade him than lose him for nothing at the expansion draft. I'd definitely be all over that if I'm Yzerman.

Been talking about going after bean for over a year now , doubt they move him especially if they cant get hamilton locked in , theyll likely give seattle an incentive to not take him

If he can be had for sure id be in on it

On 3/1/2021 at 3:32 PM, Gniwder said:

He shoulda been sold this offseason. He'll be 27 in the fall. 3 more seasons at $5.7. Is career average player of about 65 pts a season even with his current play.

I expect a deal would take place in the offseason considering the state of the league, his sizable salary, and the haul he'd likely return.

Where does career average 65pts a season come from?

Just had a wacky idea... would this make any sense?

To EDM:

Mantha & Bernier

To DET:

Neal, Koskinen and 2x 1st + 2nd rounder.

OR

Neal, Koskinen and Ethan Bear, 1st + 2nd rounder.

The salaries are about the same, BUT we take on term with Koskinen... we take 2 bad contracts and upgrade both active players for Edmonton and we get futures...  do we get enough?  The picks would likely be late in each round...

Thoughts?

Edited by mackel

4 hours ago, mackel said:

Just had a wacky idea... would this make any sense?

To EDM:

Mantha & Bernier

To DET:

Neal, Koskinen and 2x 1st + 2nd rounder.

OR

Neal, Koskinen and Ethan Bear, 1st + 2nd rounder.

The salaries are about the same, BUT we take on term with Koskinen... we take 2 bad contracts and upgrade both active players for Edmonton and we get futures...  do we get enough?  The picks would likely be late in each round...

Thoughts?

I would certainly do it. Wings have two players on the roster with contracts that stretches beyond next season. Neal and Koskinen for 2 and 1 more year(s) after this season ends is very manageable.

And 1st’s coming from Edmonton can end up anywhere from just outside the top 10 to the bottom 5. 

Edited by Akakabuto

Stop me if you've heard this one. Trade Mantha and a 2nd for Mika Zbanejad. Supposedly NYR want Jack Eichel, bad. To get him they're going to have to trade one of Lafreniere or Kakko (plus other assets). Larry Brooks speculates that they'd want to move out Zbanejad before any Eichel deal. But the Sabres aren't likely to want a 27 yo Zbanejad if they're starting over. So...

To NYR: Mantha, Detroit's 2nd (32-34rd overall)

To Detroit: Zbanejad

NYR gets additional trading stock for an Eichel trade, plus a winger who fits their timeline and can score. Detroit gets a 2nd line center who scores at Mantha's rate and is the same age.

9 minutes ago, kipwinger said:

Stop me if you've heard this one. Trade Mantha and a 2nd for Mika Zbanejad. Supposedly NYR want Jack Eichel, bad. To get him they're going to have to trade one of Lafreniere or Kakko (plus other assets). Larry Brooks speculates that they'd want to move out Zbanejad before any Eichel deal. But the Sabres aren't likely to want a 27 yo Zbanejad if they're starting over. So...

NYR gets additional trading stock for an Eichel trade, plus a winger who fits their timeline and can score. Detroit gets a 2nd line center who scores at Mantha's rate and is the same age.

Why would Zibanejad waive his NMC for Detroit? Don't see him waiving for the dumpster fire of a team.

1 hour ago, diehardredwingsfan58 said:

Why would Zibanejad waive his NMC for Detroit? Don't see him waiving for the dumpster fire of a team.

Not that I'm some expert on Mika Zbanejad's thinking, but I do recall reading an article with some GM (for some reason I'm thinking Rutherford) in which he said that NMC's aren't really that hard to work around because if you want to move a player they usually want to be moved as well and tend to be willing to go to teams that want them. I think it was in reference to Patric Hornqvist agreeing to be traded to Florida from Pittsburgh.

1 hour ago, kipwinger said:

Don't you know Habs GM Bergevin will cont to be desperate, and will send us Suzuki in exchange for Mantha?

:paperbag3:

48 minutes ago, F.Michael said:

Don't you know Habs GM Bergevin will cont to be desperate, and will send us Suzuki in exchange for Mantha?

:paperbag3:

Suzuki is just Larkin-lite. Good player but we have that guy already. I would prefer someone who can actually score in a variety of ways. I REALLY want a center that's a high end playmaker. Larkin does fine 5 on 5 and in transition but he's not a natural scorer and it shoes on the powerplay. Same with Suzuki. Zbanejad would be that.

On 3/4/2021 at 10:15 AM, kipwinger said:

So basically 3 years of Mantha plus an early 2nd round pick for one year of Zbanejad, Yeah i think i'll pass on that one.

The Lightning’s final two games against the Panthers — their first-round opponent — are about “setting the tone.”

“When they leave the rink Monday, they should be thinking about, ‘Holy s***, we’re playing the Tampa Bay Lightning,'” Pat Maroon said Friday night. “We want to make it hard on them, make it physical. We’ve got to play with jam, be hungry.”

- Pat Maroon before last nights game against the Panthers (Lightning lost 1-5)

Also Pat Maroon: