• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Bring Back The Bruise Bros

News From Around the NHL *Mod warning page 75*

Rate this topic

26 minutes ago, The 91 of Ryans said:

1. He lied about his awareness of the situation back in July

2. He knew about it in 2010 but didn't say anything or stand up for the kid. 

I'm surprised by this decision. 

Surprised as well...Part of me is pleased with the decision by the league (although we'll see how the Jets respond) and the other part leaves me scratching my head...per Elliotte Friedman...

Edited by F.Michael

Just now, F.Michael said:

Surprised as well...Part of me is pleased with the decision by the league (although we'll see how the Jets respond) and the other part leaves me scratching my head.

Feel like Bettmen needed to draw a line with Kevin here. Like "anyone beyond this line is not responsible for what happened and will not be disciplined. Including me!"

If this situation was left to bleed out the way it should, I'd be willing to bet Bettmen, Fehr, and Daly would all be sent packing. And lord knows this can't happen. 

1 minute ago, The 91 of Ryans said:

Feel like Bettmen needed to draw a line with Kevin here. Like "anyone beyond this line is not responsible for what happened and will not be disciplined. Including me!"

If this situation was left to bleed out the way it should, I'd be willing to bet Bettmen, Fehr, and Daly would all be sent packing. And lord knows this can't happen.

Wouldn't the BoG and NHLPA respectively have to purge them from office?

In a weird twist I find Beach/Chevy in a similar position back in 2010...If Beach decides to go to the police his career is certainly threatened (keeping in mind as an adult he could've gone to the authorities on his own accord)...If Chevy speaks out in the meeting he too risks getting booted outta the old boys club thus never becoming a GM with the Jets.

1 hour ago, F.Michael said:

Wouldn't the BoG and NHLPA respectively have to purge them from office?

In a weird twist I find Beach/Chevy in a similar position back in 2010...If Beach decides to go to the police his career is certainly threatened (keeping in mind as an adult he could've gone to the authorities on his own accord)...If Chevy speaks out in the meeting he too risks getting booted outta the old boys club thus never becoming a GM with the Jets.

Agreed. He was the low man on the totem pole. He didn't want to ruffle any feathers. Wouldn't be the first time some one kept their mouth shut and sat in the corner because they feared the repercussions of speaking up.

10 minutes ago, big man said:

NSFW

Brad says they had a few drinks and took a woman home. She did mouth stuff to both of em. Then she left and Brad did mouth stuff to Kyle and Kyle gave Brad an HJ.

The woman confirmed the first part of Brads story, but obviously can't comment on the activities after she left.

Kyle's story divulges from both. He says he had 2-3 drinks at dinner, then they took a woman home. However he says the woman never entered the apartment. Once alone in the apartment, Brad threatened Kyle with a souvenir bat and said that he would end Kyles career if they didn't do sexy stuff. Brad made out with Kyle and then did other mouth stuff to him. Once Kyle "finished" Brad flipped him over and dry humped him until he himself had finished. Brad went to the bathroom to clean himself and Kyle ran home.

>Kyle was a 6'3 200+ lb peak in-shape athlete
>Brad was a 5'6" 160 lb manlet
>The woman confirmed Brad's story, not Kyles
>Kyle "finished"
>Nothing about drugs involved, just a few cocktails

Not sure Kyle is giving us the whole truth here

yah, this dont add up.  without roofies and mollies, none of that happens unless both parties are full on into it.  

29 minutes ago, big man said:

It's a he said she said. Kyle can't prove anything, just that he reported it to the Hawks in 2010 and they didn't do anything with it.

It's certainly hard to believe that an athlete with a 10 inch height advantage and a 40+ lb weight advantage was strong armed by a guy Gary Bettman's size with a souvenir bat. Doesn't help that his story doesn't line up with the woman's. Doesn't help that he finished. Doesn't help that he only had a couple drinks in him.

IDK about you, but I rarely ever finish when a woman does that. Not sure I could even stand at attention with Bradley.

Brad's obviously a dirt bag, but I think Kyle may have been a little bi-curious and ashamed of it.

Really going for it today wha? 

Doesn't matter how Kyle leans. IF Aldrich threatened his career in any way that is 100% a fireable offence and we still end up here. 

31 minutes ago, big man said:

It's a he said she said. Kyle can't prove anything, just that he reported it to the Hawks in 2010 and they didn't do anything with it.

It's certainly hard to believe that an athlete with a 10 inch height advantage and a 40+ lb weight advantage was strong armed by a guy Gary Bettman's size with a souvenir bat. Doesn't help that his story doesn't line up with the woman's. Doesn't help that he finished. Doesn't help that he only had a couple drinks in him.

IDK about you, but I rarely ever finish when a woman does that. Not sure I could even stand at attention with Bradley.

Brad's obviously a dirt bag, but I think Kyle may have been a little bi-curious and ashamed of it.

The souvenir bat part is hard to understand.  A loaded hand gun, ok.  A souvenir bat against a 6'3" 200 lb peak shape adult male?  Thats a joke.

4 minutes ago, The 91 of Ryans said:

Really going for it today wha? 

Doesn't matter how Kyle leans. IF Aldrich threatened his career in any way that is 100% a fireable offence and we still end up here. 

How can u threaten an athlete's career in Brads position?

17 minutes ago, Jonas Mahonas said:

The souvenir bat part is hard to understand.  A loaded hand gun, ok.  A souvenir bat against a 6'3" 200 lb peak shape adult male?  Thats a joke.

How can u threaten an athlete's career in Brads position?

Aldrich was a member of the coaching staff and Beach was a prospect. Don't be so thick on purpose Scott. 

12 minutes ago, big man said:

Yeah but if it was consensual then a threat prolly never happened. And even if it did, Kyle can't prove it.

Kyle says it happened one way, Brad says the opposite. And the only other party involved supports Brads version of events. Hawks meet about it and decide to force Aldrich to resign. Effectively siding with their player and taking action to remove Aldrich.

That's actually probably exactly what should have been done.

If Kyle wanted more to happen he should have gone directly to the police that night. But he didn't. He lived with the results for 10 years before he decided he was dissatisfied enough to take further action.

in the report they said they believed Beach was 230 lbs at the time. I'm being generous with 200 because that's what he's listed as now in his current league.

Handling someone that's potentially 70 lbs lighter than you is like handling a child.

Everyone. This is terrible

You. Nah. It's cool. 

Anyway, I get it. This is how you live. 

See you in the GDT I guess

3 minutes ago, ely s said:

Stopping Aldrich to take on any other job would have been an option....

While I agree here - however the only way for this to take place is for Aldrich to have a criminal record and the Blackhawks execs, or Beach had the ability to make this happen.

Edited by F.Michael

1 minute ago, F.Michael said:

While I agree here - however the only way for this to take place is for Aldrich to have a criminal record and the Blackhawks execs, or Beach had the ability to make this happen.

exactly and the Hawks did NOTHING. They just let it happen, wrote a nice evaluation letter and send him somewhere else to carry on. Sh*t happens and an organisation has to deal with it responsibly even if it´s inconvenient.

Just now, ely s said:

exactly and the Hawks did NOTHING. They just let it happen, wrote a nice evaluation letter and send him somewhere else to carry on. Sh*t happens and an organisation has to deal with it responsibly even if it´s inconvenient.

Agreed, but keep in mind that Beach could’ve filled a report himself…What would have happened to his career after that ?

20 minutes ago, big man said:

My question for you, and anyone, is what should the Hawks have done differently?

Suspended him immediately until things got sorted. If the team couldn't handle the loss of a vid coach then they didn't deserve a cup. 

My question to you is, why the f*** are you defending the Hawks and trying to lighten the squeeze on Aldrich? 

4 minutes ago, F.Michael said:

Agreed, but keep in mind that Beach could’ve filled a report himself…What would have happened to his career after that ?

this is my point.  "Threatened his career"?  What career?  Never heard of either of these guys.  Something else happened here.  We arent getting the full story.

2 minutes ago, The 91 of Ryans said:

Suspended him immediately until things got sorted. If the team couldn't handle the loss of a vid coach then they didn't deserve a cup. 

My question to you is, why the f*** are you defending the Hawks and trying to lighten the squeeze on Aldrich? 

He's not.  He's trying to convince you that it's absurd to think that a 55 year old 5'7" 160 lbs video coach could physically bully a 6'3" 230" 18 year old in peak condition.  

12 minutes ago, Jonas Mahonas said:

this is my point.  "Threatened his career"?  What career?  Never heard of either of these guys.  Something else happened here.  We arent getting the full story.

He's not.  He's trying to convince you that it's absurd to think that a 55 year old 5'7" 160 lbs video coach could physically bully a 6'3" 230" 18 year old in peak condition.  

Well try psychologically bully then. Ur dumb but not this dumb. 

1 hour ago, big man said:

My question for you, and anyone, is what should the Hawks have done differently?

Really? 

Probably not buried it, suspend the coach immediately pending an investigation to start. Report it to the league, don't just say we're trying to win the cup and don't want to deal with it. 

FYI aldrich did this to multiple people after beach, including an intern, and a young person he coached after being let go from the Hawks. So ya, I'm sure he's just a great guy

48 minutes ago, Jonas Mahonas said:

I'm not sure if you are aware, physical strength doesn't always mean everything. Beach may be weak mentally and was made to feel like a small person, who would have no hockey future if he didn't cooperate. 

Had he said no and left, aldrich probably goes to the executives of the team and makes up some bs story to get him removed from the team, because obviously they cared more for him than a prospect anyway, they would have believed it

45 minutes ago, Jonas Mahonas said:

Size has nothing to do with threatening or intimidating someone. Aldrich was part of the coaching staff and therefore had power over Beach. If he used that power to intimidate Beach into committing sexual acts that he otherwise would not commit, that would at least be sexual harassment. Whether or not that meets the legal requirement of "rape", or whether or not its considered "consensual" is a question for a lawyer. Which I definitely am not.

Regardless, what Aldrich did was wrong. And Beach could rightly be labeled a 'victim' IMO. There were things the Hawks should have done differently, but they also had their hands tied to some extent too. 

4 minutes ago, Neomaxizoomdweebie said:

Some of you Non-Americans may not be aware of labor laws in the US. For example, if you terminate an employee, even for a serious offense, you cannot report it to the next potential employer. Doing so is illegal, and opens you up to lawsuits by the former employee.

Is there a law that states you have to give the guy a recommendation?