• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Bring Back The Bruise Bros

News From Around the NHL *Mod warning page 75*

Rate this topic

40 minutes ago, Neomaxizoomdweebie said:

New Jersey Devils unveil the organization’s first-ever third jersey on Nov. 23, 2021. The black jersey with red-shadowed design highlights the state’s professional hockey heritage.

Its like wearing a hoodie that has "Hoodie" printed on the front of it.

It's especially bad because the Devil's have one of the coolest jersey/logo designs in the league. They don't need to change a thing.

46 minutes ago, kipwinger said:

I can't wait until the 2025 debut of the Houston Trailer Parkers.

I don't care what they call them as long as I don't have to drive 4 hours away to Dallas to see the wings play. 

52 minutes ago, kipwinger said:

I can't wait until the 2025 debut of the Houston Trailer Parkers.

5 minutes ago, Rick D said:

I don't care what they call them as long as I don't have to drive 4 hours away to Dallas to see the wings play. 

They'll call them something related to NASA, even though space isn't real

Houston is the new Seattle. They will have an NHL team sooner or later. They're the 8th largest market in NA and the only one in the top 10 without an NHL team, besides Atlanta.

If Quebec wants a team, move the Sens or Sabres.

And I still would not be surprised to see Carolina eventually move the Canes to Atlanta. Its just too big of a market for the league to give up on.

On 11/24/2021 at 8:02 PM, bIueadams said:

Bertuzzi can't keep getting away with this

Oomph. This didn't age well.

But, of course, his unvaccinated status is all any of the news outlets are leading with. Never mind he had numerous teammates out with it first AND a couple teams with OUTBREAKS among the vaccinated that resulted in postponed games. 

2 minutes ago, _SP_ said:

Oomph. This didn't age well.

But, of course, his unvaccinated status is all any of the news outlets are leading with. Never mind he had numerous teammates out with it first AND a couple teams with OUTBREAKS among the vaccinated that resulted in postponed games. 

And what's stupid is that, if he does have it, he will still have to sit out games in Canada once he's over it, unless he still gets vaccinated. Even though he would then have acquired natural immunity.

1 minute ago, Neomaxizoomdweebie said:

And what's stupid is that, if he does have it, he will still have to sit out games in Canada once he's over it, unless he still gets vaccinated. Even though he would then have acquired natural immunity.

I'm 30 and not a professional athlete. I'm 157-162lbs at 5'8", so just UNDER "overweight". Best shape of my life. Lost 35lbs since January (was diagnosed with hypertriglyceridemia, and said F that). 

Just had sinusplasty on 11/8. COVID on 11/11. Between the surgery recovery and the 'VID, the last four weeks have SUCKED. I still have massive congestion, loss of smell, and brain fog. Missed out on Thanksgiving. 

But I don't regret not getting vaccinated. Because if we knew that it was safe long-term, Pfizer and the others wouldn't still have immunity from lawsuits.

That just makes me feel uneasy, like they aren't actually 100% sure there won't be issues 10 years from now. And how could they??? There aren't 10-year longitudinal studies yet.

How many of these athletes got it only because they were essentially coerced? "Get it or you have to do all these extra steps and can't go to Canada."

The vaccine stops you from having severe symptoms... but so does being a professional athlete, with access to the best medicine money can buy, and being in elite physical shape.

Maybe an offensive or defensive lineman in the NFL is high risk, but I seriously don't understand the outrage towards athletes who don't want to get vaccinated. These guys have less risk than anyone.

And like Bertuzzi, I also got COVID from someone who was vaccinated. Someone who was adamant they couldn't possibly be sick with covid because they're vaccinated. Must be allergies. Then we were both ill with it.

Just dumb. Let people make their choices for their health. Not just physical, but mental health too. 

17 minutes ago, _SP_ said:

I'm 30 and not a professional athlete. I'm 157-162lbs at 5'8", so just UNDER "overweight". Best shape of my life. Lost 35lbs since January (was diagnosed with hypertriglyceridemia, and said F that). 

Just had sinusplasty on 11/8. COVID on 11/11. Between the surgery recovery and the 'VID, the last four weeks have SUCKED. I still have massive congestion, loss of smell, and brain fog. Missed out on Thanksgiving. 

But I don't regret not getting vaccinated. Because if we knew that it was safe long-term, Pfizer and the others wouldn't still have immunity from lawsuits.

That just makes me feel uneasy, like they aren't actually 100% sure there won't be issues 10 years from now. And how could they??? There aren't 10-year longitudinal studies yet.

How many of these athletes got it only because they were essentially coerced? "Get it or you have to do all these extra steps and can't go to Canada."

The vaccine stops you from having severe symptoms... but so does being a professional athlete, with access to the best medicine money can buy, and being in elite physical shape.

Maybe an offensive or defensive lineman in the NFL is high risk, but I seriously don't understand the outrage towards athletes who don't want to get vaccinated. These guys have less risk than anyone.

And like Bertuzzi, I also got COVID from someone who was vaccinated. Someone who was adamant they couldn't possibly be sick with covid because they're vaccinated. Must be allergies. Then we were both ill with it.

Just dumb. Let people make their choices for their health. Not just physical, but mental health too. 

Taking the vaccines is like smoking cigarettes to lose weight. 

Just don't be a fat POS and ull be fine. 

15 hours ago, _SP_ said:

Dont misunderstand. I am not anti-vax at all. I just don't like being told to "listen to science" and then treating people who have acquired immunity thru infection differently. It makes no sense. Science says vax or infection leads to immunity. That is what should be followed. A recovered CoVid 19 patient is not any more or any less likely to be reinfected or spread the illness than a vaccinated person. And they are just as protected from it as a vaccinated patient. That is what science says, but not policy. And that hypocrisy creates a distrust of the vaccine, which is harmful.

9 minutes ago, Neomaxizoomdweebie said:

Dont misunderstand. I am not anti-vax at all. I just don't like being told to "listen to science" and then treating people who have acquired immunity thru infection differently. It makes no sense. Science says vax or infection leads to immunity. That is what should be followed. A recovered CoVid 19 patient is not any more or any less likely to be reinfected or spread the illness than a vaccinated person. And they are just as protected from it as a vaccinated patient. That is what science says, but not policy. And that hypocrisy creates a distrust of the vaccine, which is harmful.

It was never about the "science". It's about selling more doses no matter the science.

On 12/2/2021 at 3:40 PM, The 91 of Ryans said:

I think the Leafs are still waiting for theirs in the 97 Larry Murphy to Detroit trade.....

actually, here's what Hockey-Reference says the trade was...

March 18, 1997: Traded by the Toronto Maple Leafs to the Detroit Red Wings for unknown compensation.

Guess we'll never know!