• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Bring Back The Bruise Bros

News From Around the NHL *Mod warning page 75*

Rate this topic

6 hours ago, LeftWinger said:

My God! Jack Hughes just signed an 8 year $64M contract extension! He has 56 points in 122 games! 11 goals ONCE! Raymond and Seider are going to cost us a TON!!!

Not so fast. Devils were stupid. Hughes got paid way before he earned it. And he signed his long term deal earlier than most do. I really don't think it impacts Raymond or Seider all that much as I'm sure they will get paid fair market value.

Edited by Neomaxizoomdweebie

10 hours ago, ely s said:

Roslovic is a healthy scratch and Svechnikov is down to 8 minutes on the fourth line. Still someone interested?

I’d take Roslovic in a hot second. He’s been scratched (and buried in depth lines) because he’s terrible defensively and CBJ coach Brad Larson is trying to be a hardass in his first season. But Roslovic is an offensive stud and his faceoffs have improved. I see him as a Mark Scheifelle type. Bad defensively, but good enough offensively that when paired with solid defensive wingers he’s still a net positive. He just needs to be balanced out with a good two way center on another line. Put him with Raymond and Zadina, and Lakin with Bert and Vrana and our top six would be sick. 

Edited by kipwinger

2 hours ago, kipwinger said:

I’d take Roslovic in a hot second. He’s been scratched (and buried in depth lines) because he’s terrible defensively and CBJ coach Brad Larson is trying to be a hardass in his first season. But Roslovic is an offensive stud and his faceoffs have improved. I see him as a Mark Scheifelle type. Bad defensively, but good enough offensively that when paired with solid defensive wingers he’s still a net positive. He just needs to be balanced out with a good two way center on another line. Put him with Raymond and Zadina, and Lakin with Bert and Vrana and our top six would be sick. 

im not against picking him up if cbj dont want him

1 hour ago, bIueadams said:

Canada announces diplomatic boycott of Olympics

Really wish USA/CA would actually just not send teams.

Why? It accomplishes nothing and only punishes the athletes. Imagine spending years training and practicing to have one chance to compete and be robbed of it cuz Sleepy Joe's approval rating is in the toilet.

1 minute ago, Neomaxizoomdweebie said:

Why? It accomplishes nothing and only punishes the athletes. Imagine spending years training and practicing to have one chance to compete and be robbed of it cuz Sleepy Joe's approval rating is in the toilet.

Cause China is genociding the uyghur's  and a diplomatic boycott basically means nothing

3 minutes ago, Neomaxizoomdweebie said:

Neither does an Olympic one. Remember the US boycott of the Moscow Olympics or the 84 Soviet boycott of the LA Olympics? Nothing accomplished.

It deprives them of true competitive olympics when major medal wining countries don't show up. Olympic games that China bribed it's ass off to get.

Edited by bIueadams

26 minutes ago, Rick D said:

Damnit 

IKR

I'd prefer to see the team sold/relocate to QC, but at this point I wouldn't mind seeing them move to Houston.

Do you think Edmonton would mind if they used this logo and the name associated with it?

Houston Oilers Primary Logo | Sports Logo History

5xais0.jpg

Edited by F.Michael

4 hours ago, marcaractac said:

It seems the Oilers are looking for another dman. Thoughts on using Hronek to get Holloway from them? Something like Hronek + Caps 2nd for Holloway and Oilers 1st is what pops into my head when forming such a deal.

In terms of value that trade seems about right. We dont really have any right shot defenders in the pipeline though, so losing Hronek (especially given how bad our defense is) would be a tough pill to swallow.