• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Bring Back The Bruise Bros

News From Around the NHL *Mod warning page 75*

Rate this topic

Guys Bertuzzi isn't getting traded. 

Eklund is the one pushing the Yzerman big splash stuff. It's all nonsense. Bert is part of the core of this team. Our best forward. Larkins buddy. Yzerman doesn't make dumb wild moves like this. 

1 hour ago, bIueadams said:

Eklund is the one pushing the Yzerman big splash stuff. It's all nonsense. Bert is part of the core of this team. Our best forward. Larkins buddy. Yzerman doesn't make dumb wild moves like this. 

I can see Bert staying, but I can see Hronek, Zadina and or Rasmussen being dealt. Or none of them! Then again, if the right deal presents itself, I can see Bert headed out. Yzerman won't make any dumb, wild moves, but he will make moves that make this team better.

3 hours ago, bIueadams said:

I hope you're right. There is an awful lot of chatter tho.

1 hour ago, LeftWinger said:

I can see Bert staying, but I can see Hronek, Zadina and or Rasmussen being dealt. Or none of them! Then again, if the right deal presents itself, I can see Bert headed out. Yzerman won't make any dumb, wild moves, but he will make moves that make this team better.

Only way I see Hronek gets traded is if its part of a deal for a really good center. Which I would be okay with. Re-sign Stecher then.

From @frank_seravalli on the @DFOPodcast:

- Tyler Bertuzzi has expressed that he's open to moving on (not an outright trade request). Can see him moving by Monday's deadline.

- Thinks Dallas is in on Nick Leddy, and a 2nd round pick is in play as a return. #LGRW

Say it with me folks...

RADICAL. SERAVALLI. TERRORISM.

23 minutes ago, F.Michael said:

lol

He really set that team up for a very bleak future.

Karlsson $11.5 until he's 37
Burns $8 until he's 40
Vlasic $7 until he's 39
Couture $8 until he's 38
Hertl $8 until he's 36
5 more years of Jones buyout

50% of your cap tied up in mostly busted ass old players

f*** it I quit

We should have a LINES thread but I'll post it here in the meanwhile.

lines at practice:

Bertuzzi-Larkin-Raymond
Vrana-Suter-Zadina
Sundqvist-Veleno-Rasmussen
Erne-Stephens-Gagner

DeKeyser-Seider
Staal-Hronek
Walman-Lindstrom
Juolevi-Oesterle

Switch Ras and Zadina for better balance but other than that this is probably the optimal line-up with what we have. Not talking about defense. There is nothing to be said about defense.

2 hours ago, redw1ngs said:

Swap Sundqvist and Gagner and Dekeyser and Walman.

If anything I think Sundqvist should be in our top6

Bertuzzi - Larkin - Raymond
Vrana - Suter - Sundqvist
Rasmussen - Veleno - Zadina
Erne - Stephens - Gagner

15 minutes ago, bIueadams said:

If anything I think Sundqvist should be in our top6

Bertuzzi - Larkin - Raymond
Vrana - Suter - Sundqvist
Rasmussen - Veleno - Zadina
Erne - Stephens - Gagner

Sundqvist blows. Rasmusen Veleno Zadina and Gagner are all better then him imo. 

On 4/11/2022 at 4:39 PM, redw1ngs said:

Sundqvist blows. Rasmusen Veleno Zadina and Gagner are all better then him imo. 

On 4/11/2022 at 4:43 PM, Neomaxizoomdweebie said:

He doesnt score enough to be above the bottom 6.

On 4/11/2022 at 4:49 PM, redw1ngs said:

He doesnt do anything well enough to be a move l4 imo. 

Obviously I disagree.

Sundqvist has been a bottom 6er his entire career on a deep Blues team. Still he's been 25-30 pt forward.

He does everything away from the puck much better than any of Ras, Veleno, Zadina, Gagner. Aggressive forechecker, takes the body, defensive stalwart. He was an absolute menace to play against during the Blues cup run.

I'm not sure if you guys are actually watching Sunny play or not. This guy was a fan favorite in STL for a reason. Much like Glendog was here (Sundog).

On a deep team he's absolutely a bottom 6 forward. On this team he's one of the few players I want seeing taking Fabbri's spot in the top 6. Him on Rasmussen really. Gagner, Veleno, and Zadina shouldn't be there.

Edited by bIueadams

47 minutes ago, bIueadams said:

Obviously I disagree.

Sundqvist has been a bottom 6er his entire career on a deep Blues team. Still he's been 25-30 pt forward.

He does everything away from the puck much better than any of Ras, Veleno, Zadina, Gagner. Aggressive forechecker, takes the body, defensive stalwart. He was an absolute menace to play against during the Blues cup run.

I'm not sure if you guys are actually watching Sunny play or not. This guy was a fan favorite in STL for a reason. Much like Glendog was here (Sundog).

On a deep team he's absolutely a bottom 6 forward. On this team he's one of the few players I want seeing taking Fabbri's spot in the top 6. Him on Rasmussen really. Gagner, Veleno, and Zadina shouldn't be there.

he skates like he has a back problem.  His hip and acl surgeries are hindering him right now.  im excited to see if he gets it back though with a good offseason.  he can be a force, like you said.

4 hours ago, bIueadams said:

Obviously I disagree.

I don't dislike. Sundqvist. From everything I ve read, he is exactly the kind of player you want on your team. I always liked Glenny too, but that doesn't mean I wanted him in the top 6.

Sundqvist looks like a 3rd liner in the few games I have seen. I suppose you could put him on the 2nd line in a pinch. But as a winger, he plays behind Raymond, Bert, Vrana, Fabbri, Zadina, and Berggren IMO.

1 hour ago, Neomaxizoomdweebie said:

I don't dislike. Sundqvist. From everything I ve read, he is exactly the kind of player you want on your team. I always liked Glenny too, but that doesn't mean I wanted him in the top 6.

Sundqvist looks like a 3rd liner in the few games I have seen. I suppose you could put him on the 2nd line in a pinch. But as a winger, he plays behind Raymond, Bert, Vrana, Fabbri, Zadina, and Berggren IMO.

Fabbri is injured, Berggren isn't on the team, and Zadina deserves absolutely zero more looks in the top 6 to end the season.

Sundog is a bit more skilled than Glendog was. If you're unwilling to try him in a top 6 role then lean on Ras.

1 hour ago, bIueadams said:

Fabbri is injured, Berggren isn't on the team, and Zadina deserves absolutely zero more looks in the top 6 to end the season.

Sundog is a bit more skilled than Glendog was. If you're unwilling to try him in a top 6 role then lean on Ras.

Forgot about Ras and Veleno. I would try either of them in the top 6 over Sundqvist.