• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Bring Back The Bruise Bros

News From Around the NHL *Mod warning page 75*

Rate this topic

3 hours ago, marcaractac said:

Lack of due diligence. 

How does this kid redeem himself and make it to the NHL? 

EDIT: Not to get too out there... but remember when Bettman had the Habs trade for John Scott to keep him out of the all star game? Well all im saying is this bizarre Miller signing has done a good job distracting from the hockey canada scandal...

Edited by bIueadams

1 hour ago, bIueadams said:

How does this kid redeem himself and make it to the NHL? 

EDIT: Not to get too out there... but remember when Bettman had the Habs trade for John Scott to keep him out of the all star game? Well all im saying is this bizarre Miller signing has done a good job distracting from the hockey canada scandal...

From everything I've read this kid continues to be a pos and has done nothing to atone for what he has done. Like, he didn't even apologize. 

Step zero to redemption should be at least to make an effort. 

32 minutes ago, marcaractac said:

From everything I've read this kid continues to be a pos and has done nothing to atone for what he has done. Like, he didn't even apologize. 

Step zero to redemption should be at least to make an effort. 

He did apologize in a court statement i think, but not to the family directly. Youd think hed at least make a half assed public apology just to get his contract at this point. 

Its interesting bc hes actually pretty good at hoc

4 minutes ago, bIueadams said:

He did apologize in a court statement i think, but not to the family directly. Youd think hed at least make a half assed public apology just to get his contract at this point. 

Its interesting bc hes actually pretty good at hoc

Yeah, the lack of even a half-assed apology is pretty telling of his character. Though I bet he won't be long doing it now that his contract was canceled.

29 minutes ago, marcaractac said:

Yeah, the lack of even a half-assed apology is pretty telling of his character. Though I bet he won't be long doing it now that his contract was canceled.

My question is, do the Bruins owe him the money on that contract now? I would think they do. Not his fault Neely was dumb enough to ink him. 

1 hour ago, Jonas Mahonas said:

Isnt there a racist league somewhere that he could develop in?

>Mitch Miller bullied other kids as a teen

Not okay. Banned from the NHL.

>Evander Kane sexualy and physically assaults multiple women as a grown man. Bribes his affair partners to get abortions. Gambles himself into bankruptacy, defrauds creditors, and then abandons his family.

This is okay. Awarded new $20 mil NHL contract. 

On 11/7/2022 at 1:11 PM, bIueadams said:

My question is, do the Bruins owe him the money on that contract now? I would think they do. Not his fault Neely was dumb enough to ink him. 

On Tuesday afternoon, ESPN’s Greg Wyshynski reported that defenseman Mitchell Miller currently remains under contract with the Boston Bruins and assigned to AHL Providence, as the team’s path to contractually walking away from him remains murky. Miller was convicted of assault in 2016 for bullying, harassing, and abusing Isaiah Meyer-Crothers, a Black classmate with developmental disabilities. The Bruins announced Sunday night that the team was parting ways with Miller after signing him to an entry-level contract earlier in the week.

Wyshynski outlined three options for the Bruins and Miller to legally part ways, although he won’t be playing in the NHL or AHL prior to his release. The first option is a buyout at the end of the season, which would result in a salary cap charge of $287,222 through 2027, or twice the remaining length of Miller’s entry-level contract. In this case, the Bruins would still owe Miller his contract money for the 2022-23 season, which would likely consist of his $95,000 signing bonus and $82,500 minor-league salary.

The second scenario is a settlement that allows Miller to become a free agent, worked on in conjunction with the NHLPA and Miller’s agent, Eustace King. Wyshynski notes a prospective settlement falls under NHLPA jurisdiction, despite Miller being assigned to the AHL and having no NHL experience.

The obvious last option is a traditional contract termination filed due to Miller’s past behavior, similar to the legal situation – not the backstory – between the San Jose Sharks and Evander Kane last season. Wyshynski notes that also similar to the Kane situation, the NHLPA is expected to file a grievance on behalf of Miller if the Bruins opted to terminate his contract. The NHLPA would also reportedly file a grievance if the Bruins opted to suspend Miller for the length of his contract without pay. In the case of Kane, he received a one-time payment of an undisclosed amount from the Sharks.

Wyshynski expects the legal action surrounding the situation to pick up later this week.

On 11/13/2022 at 5:33 AM, LeftWinger said:

Jake Walman has been activated. Wings now have 8 defensemen on the roster. Still at 23 players, so no "need" to send one to GR, but once others start returning from injury, I wonder which defenseman gets waived?

Im guessing Oesterle. Then Hagg. 

There isn't a player in the league, including Zegras, that whines to the refs more than Michael Bunting. That dude never stops complaining. You can tell the Maple Leafs are a trash organization because a veteran team would never let a 2nd year guy to be that mouthy.

19 minutes ago, Jonas Mahonas said:

Zadina and Bertuzzi will play 2 games each and then be sat for trade reaaons.

Good riddance. The only player on the team who gets more unearned goodwill than Bertuzzi is Zadina. Zadina has never contributed anything to the organization despite two GMs and coaches giving him every single opportunity to do so. Bertuzzi had one good year when it didn't matter and one year later we're a better team without him than we were last year when he was putting up career numbers. They're both clowns. #tradedeadline2023

57 minutes ago, kipwinger said:

Good riddance. The only player on the team who gets more unearned goodwill than Bertuzzi is Zadina. Zadina has never contributed anything to the organization despite two GMs and coaches giving him every single opportunity to do so. Bertuzzi had one good year when it didn't matter and one year later we're a better team without him than we were last year when he was putting up career numbers. They're both clowns. #tradedeadline2023

Covid restrictions f***ed Yzerman out of trading Bert while his value peaked last season

5 minutes ago, marcaractac said:

Covid restrictions f***ed Yzerman out of trading Bert while his value peaked last season

In the offseason I said "trade Bertuzzi for Martin Necas". Nobody here seemed to disagree so I'll assume we were all on the same page. Carolina would have done it too. They wanted a player like Bertuzzi. They went out and got Max Pacioretty for exactly that reason. AND at the time Necas was in the doghouse of the coach. 1 year later Bertuzzi has no trade value and Necas is one of the breakout players of the year. Ugh.

1 hour ago, kipwinger said:

It always makes me laugh to see the incels trying to tear down the silverback because he actually gets attention from women. Put on some ankle weights and learn about MMA, then maybe you can begin talking about Tyler B. 

Nobody on this team brings more of that absolute killer, monster, gorilla, retard, laser brain, power, bastard, rapist, energy than buzzsaw bert. This team is boring AF without him. Last season wings fans were putting guns to their heads and blowing their brains out bc they were cheering that hard for him. 

40 minutes ago, Walman6million said:

It always makes me laugh to see the incels trying to tear down the silverback because he actually gets attention from women. Put on some ankle weights and learn about MMA, then maybe you can begin talking about Tyler B. 

Nobody on this team brings more of that absolute killer, monster, gorilla, retard, laser brain, power, bastard, rapist, energy than buzzsaw bert. This team is boring AF without him. Last season wings fans were putting guns to their heads and blowing their brains out bc they were cheering that hard for him. 

Yawn. The team demonstrably wins more without him. Nothing more "alpha" than losing and getting hurt. Add "complaining" to the mix and you've got the Tyler Bertuzzi "Alpha Male" hattrick.

Edited by kipwinger

36 minutes ago, kipwinger said:

Yawn. The team demonstrably wins more without him. Nothing more "alpha" than losing and getting hurt. Add "complaining" to the mix and you've got the Tyler Bertuzzi "Alpha Male" hattrick.

This team is playoff bound if opposing teams didnt intentionly aim for his hands literally everynight. You and this league fear the 2uzzi. Fear his power. The only thing Bert fears is a very public future sexual assault scandal. 

6 minutes ago, Walman6million said:

This team is playoff bound if opposing teams didnt intentionly aim for his hands literally everynight. You and this league fear the 2uzzi. Fear his power. The only thing Bert fears is a very public future sexual assault scandal. 

Does it involve more than 'just the tip'?

44 minutes ago, Walman6million said:

Larkin got hit in the hand with a puck too. Only difference is Larkin played through it, put up nearly a point per game during the injury, and continued to treat women like a god d*mn gentleman. Bertuzzi is scum. #scumtuzzi