• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Bring Back The Bruise Bros

News From Around the NHL *Mod warning page 75*

Rate this topic

On 5/9/2023 at 7:17 AM, marcaractac said:

People said the same thing about Jack Hughes not very long ago. 

I was a big Jack Hughes detractor during his draft year so I'll answer for this one. Nobody said Hughes wasn't good. People (myself included) said he would struggle to acclimatize to the NHL because of how he played in junior hockey. He was very slight and relied on his elite skating to hang on to pucks for WAY longer than you can in the NHL. That's not gonna fly in the big leagues where your skating advantage isn't as great and everyone is bigger and stronger. Not surprisingly that's exactly what happened.

I was also critical of the narrative around him. That he was a "generational" talent who was on another level than most other players. I still stand by that. He's an outstanding offensive player but A) he's sheltered at even strength (Hischier does the heavy lifting), and B) the playoffs exposed just how far he's got to go to beat top centers in the league. Right now he's a really really good scorer but he's absolutely NOT on some other level. I have the same criticisms of guys like Johnny Gaudreau or Quinn Hughes. Sure he scorers a ton, but when games get tight in the playoffs you'd rather have Mark Stone or Miro Heiskanen than either of those two (right now).

45 minutes ago, kipwinger said:

I was a big Jack Hughes detractor during his draft year so I'll answer for this one. Nobody said Hughes wasn't good. People (myself included) said he would struggle to acclimatize to the NHL because of how he played in junior hockey. He was very slight and relied on his elite skating to hang on to pucks for WAY longer than you can in the NHL. That's not gonna fly in the big leagues where your skating advantage isn't as great and everyone is bigger and stronger. Not surprisingly that's exactly what happened.

I was also critical of the narrative around him. That he was a "generational" talent who was on another level than most other players. I still stand by that. He's an outstanding offensive player but A) he's sheltered at even strength (Hischier does the heavy lifting), and B) the playoffs exposed just how far he's got to go to beat top centers in the league. Right now he's a really really good scorer but he's absolutely NOT on some other level. I have the same criticisms of guys like Johnny Gaudreau or Quinn Hughes. Sure he scorers a ton, but when games get tight in the playoffs you'd rather have Mark Stone or Miro Heiskanen than either of those two (right now).

The Tkachucks are the guys you want in the playoffs.  Chad level 100.

23 hours ago, kipwinger said:

Those claiming he was generational were always out to lunch. The guy has the tools to be a top-10 scorer in the league for a long time for sure. But that 'generational' term is used far too loosely these days. Bedard is the closest thing since McDavid. But until he shows he can do it at the NHL level, it's all speculation. 

As for Hughes, he's still only 22 years old. He'll figure out this whole playoffs thing. My guess is he will do so sooner rather than later. 

1 hour ago, Axl Foley said:

Would anyone take Hughes over Seider in a redraft? I see a lot of talk about Hughes still being the best player in that draft.

Not me.   Mo will put Hughes through the boards next season round 1 playoffs.

I'll let the rest of you debate how many months Hughes will be off skates and Mo's punishment or lack there of.

8 hours ago, marcaractac said:

Those claiming he was generational were always out to lunch. The guy has the tools to be a top-10 scorer in the league for a long time for sure. But that 'generational' term is used far too loosely these days. Bedard is the closest thing since McDavid. But until he shows he can do it at the NHL level, it's all speculation. 

As for Hughes, he's still only 22 years old. He'll figure out this whole playoffs thing. My guess is he will do so sooner rather than later. 

Ur right that until Bedard proves it doesnt mean much. Lafrengray was looking like a stud at the draft. Super creative dangler and crap. Now look at him.

1 hour ago, Axl Foley said:

Would anyone take Hughes over Seider in a redraft? I see a lot of talk about Hughes still being the best player in that draft.

Ssider all day. Norris caliber D. 

I don't know if I still want Mo on this team after the suspension in the worlds. What kind of message are we sending to young Red Wings fans if we keep him and Joe V on the team? That it's okay to be violent to other players? I prefer we get more milk toast players and play nice with the other teams.

was being funny.....

1 hour ago, AtlantaHotWings said:

I don't know if I still want Mo on this team after the suspension in the worlds. What kind of message are we sending to young Red Wings fans if we keep him and Joe V on the team? That it's okay to be violent to other players? I prefer we get more milk toast players and play nice with the other teams.

was being funny.....

Haha you're funny. Funny in a sad clown sort of way. 

Yeah, we absolutely need more MoWalling. Not more betacuck pearl-clutching. So poor out your soy latte, go outside, pick something up, and put it down again. Do this repeatedly until your muscle mass doesn't look like that of a grape, and the homosexual thoughts completely go away.

When I was in the United States Army (much like a hockey team) in Iraqistan we used to kick in the doors of terrorist families. This one house we raided had only kids in it (parents out doing terrorism probably) and so I started machine-gunning the lil Saddam's in training. The oldest kid ran out the backdoor b4 I could smoke him. My captain (beta coward) said to let him go and stop "murdering children". That kid who got away? Grew up to be Osama Bin Laden.

So yeah buddy, that's why you never let up or hold back. Always go full force like an alpha, just like Mo (and me and Andrew Tate). When my wifes boyfriend, Ricky, is banging her in the other room, I literally get an adrenaline rush knowing that I can bang her better and that she's thinking of me the whole time. Can your protein starved brain even comprehend that level of alphaness? I didn't think so.

2 hours ago, Walman6million said:

Yeah, we absolutely need more MoWalling. Not more betacuck pearl-clutching. So poor out your soy latte, go outside, pick something up, and put it down again. Do this repeatedly until your muscle mass doesn't look like that of a grape, and the homosexual thoughts completely go away.

When I was in the United States Army (much like a hockey team) in Iraqistan we used to kick in the doors of terrorist families. This one house we raided had only kids in it (parents out doing terrorism probably) and so I started machine-gunning the lil Saddam's in training. The oldest kid ran out the backdoor b4 I could smoke him. My captain (beta coward) said to let him go and stop "murdering children". That kid who got away? Grew up to be Osama Bin Laden.

So yeah buddy, that's why you never let up or hold back. Always go full force like an alpha, just like Mo (and me and Andrew Tate). When my wifes boyfriend, Ricky, is banging her in the other room, I literally get an adrenaline rush knowing that I can bang her better and that she's thinking of me the whole time. Can your protein starved brain even comprehend that level of alphaness? I didn't think so.

You are strange being

9 hours ago, Walman6million said:

Be honest. The Army wouldn't take you.

6 hours ago, Akakabuto said:

Jesus christ - this kid is the laziest SOB of all time. Yeah go prove you're a lazy floater on a 3rd team. Then maybe you can be traded to a 4th team.

If Washington buys him out I'd take him back for 4 million (or less) x 3 years. He wasn't a fit for Laviolette's uptempo system, clearly, but he's had success in a defense-first sytem (Blashill) which isn't too different than what we have now. As a 3rd/4th line wing who will occasionally punch a face I'd do it.

Edited by kipwinger