• Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

Bring Back The Bruise Bros

News From Around the NHL *Mod warning page 75*

Rate this topic

Recommended Posts

34 minutes ago, GMRwings1983 said:

We shouldn't waste Smith takings runs at Tampa's 5th best player.  If we want to injure someone, Stamkos isn't worth the trouble.  

Good point.  Drill Kucherov and Hedman.  Problem is our whole team is bunch of sissies. 

 

Who's gonna do it?  You, Lt. Dekeyser?  Truth is you want Kocur on that ice.  You NEED Kocur on that ice.  He uses words like "Let's Go", "Wanna Drop Em", "You got it".  You use them as a punch line.  I have neither the time or inclination to explain why we need a tough guy to LGW, while you all sleep under the very blanket of HYPE that Dabura provides.  I would rather you just say thank you.  Either that, or drop your gloves.  Either way, I don't give a DAMN what you think you are entitled to.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
26 minutes ago, Scott R Lucidi said:

Good point.  Drill Kucherov and Hedman.  Problem is our whole team is bunch of sissies. 

 

Who's gonna do it?  You, Lt. Dekeyser?  Truth is you want Kocur on that ice.  You NEED Kocur on that ice.  He uses words like "Let's Go", "Wanna Drop Em", "You got it".  You use them as a punch line.  I have neither the time or inclination to explain why we need a tough guy to LGW, while you all sleep under the very blanket of HYPE that Dabura provides.  I would rather you just say thank you.  Either that, or drop your gloves.  Either way, I don't give a DAMN what you think you are entitled to.

YOU CAN'T HANDLE THE PROCESS!!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
30 minutes ago, Scott R Lucidi said:

Good point.  Drill Kucherov and Hedman.  Problem is our whole team is bunch of sissies. 

 

Who's gonna do it?  You, Lt. Dekeyser?  Truth is you want Kocur on that ice.  You NEED Kocur on that ice.  He uses words like "Let's Go", "Wanna Drop Em", "You got it".  You use them as a punch line.  I have neither the time or inclination to explain why we need a tough guy to LGW, while you all sleep under the very blanket of HYPE that Dabura provides.  I would rather you just say thank you.  Either that, or drop your gloves.  Either way, I don't give a DAMN what you think you are entitled to.

This is easily the dorkiest post I've seen on LGW in a long, loooooong, time. Big Tom Cruise fan are ya?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 minutes ago, The 91 of Ryans said:

Well Sorkin wrote the script and Nicholson delivered the lines. That's not so bad. 

Meh. I think that s*** is corny. Then again I hate all movies about the military. Nothing worse than watching theater kids pretending to be soldiers. Gross.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, kipwinger said:

Meh. I think that s*** is corny. Then again I hate all movies about the military. Nothing worse than watching theater kids pretending to be soldiers. Gross.

You're right. I was just sending some pity vibes Scott's way. 

Zero Dark Thirty is one of the 2010s best movies though. As is Sicario 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, The 91 of Ryans said:

You're right. I was just sending some pity vibes Scott's way. 

Zero Dark Thirty is one of the 2010s best movies though. As is Sicario 

I feel the same way when sports commentators/players/coaches use military references like "down in the trenches" or "band of brothers" or "this is a war/dogfight/etc". Hate it. Although I'd be willing to reconsider if Lebron James or Tom Brady's car was periodically targeted by IEDs on the way to the game.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, kipwinger said:

I feel the same way when sports commentators/players/coaches use military references like "down in the trenches" or "band of brothers" or "this is a war/dogfight/etc". Hate it. Although I'd be willing to reconsider if Lebron James or Tom Brady's car was periodically targeted by IEDs on the way to the game.

I think they should only use BBC references from now on. Like "boy, that was a proper bake off out there today". Or "he really Cumberbatched " that one. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
21 minutes ago, kipwinger said:

Meh. I think that s*** is corny. Then again I hate all movies about the military. Nothing worse than watching theater kids pretending to be soldiers. Gross.

This is why I only watch Adam Driver flicks

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, BarkBurgerman said:

This is why I only watch Adam Driver flicks

I knew he was in the Marines but I just looked it up and he was medically discharged before ever doing a tour of duty because he broke his sternum in a mountain biking accident. Kudos to him for volunteering, but it's not like he's some badass.

Edit: That sounded way more cynical than I meant it to. I really like his films. Especially Logan Lucky, that "cauliflower" scene gets me every time.

Edited by kipwinger

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I hope to one day love anything as much as the hockey media loves "hockey stories" that are actually stories about mental health/trauma/addiction/etc. Yesterday an article about Colin Wilson's drug addiction was shared about 2,000,000 times. Today it's all Blackhawks. Did anything notable happen in any of the 100s of hockey games played throughout the world yesterday? Who know? Who cares?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, kipwinger said:

I hope to one day love anything as much as the hockey media loves "hockey stories" that are actually stories about mental health/trauma/addiction/etc. Yesterday an article about Colin Wilson's drug addiction was shared about 2,000,000 times. Today it's all Blackhawks. Did anything notable happen in any of the 100s of hockey games played throughout the world yesterday? Who know? Who cares?

Stamkos illegally hit Cozen's in the head with his shoulder. I'm the only media outlet reporting on this though apparently. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, The 91 of Ryans said:

Stamkos illegally hit Cozen's in the head with his shoulder. I'm the only media outlet reporting on this though apparently. 

Wait, there was a hockey game yesterday? I'd never have known.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Akakabuto said:

Is this you?

 

 

NO. Alright, there's two of us reporting it. But I was first!!

2 minutes ago, kipwinger said:

Wait, there was a hockey game yesterday? I'd never have known.

Here in Canada today we get to roll around in apprx. 42 articles/radio programs/broadcasts explaining how "the Leafs played their best game of the year" in last night's 4-1 loss to Carolina. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, The 91 of Ryans said:

NO. Alright, there's two of us reporting it. But I was first!!

Here in Canada today we get to roll around in apprx. 42 articles/radio programs/broadcasts explaining how "the Leafs played their best game of the year" in last night's 4-1 loss to Carolina. 

TSN Voters Poll for Play of the Year: Akim Alieu "drags" toxic hockey culture after Bill Peters Interveiw vs. Jason Spezza scores "The Michigan" goal in 7-2 Leafs loss.

 

 Seriously the ONLY thing the hockey media loves more than sociopolitical stories is "The Michigan" goal. Dozens of actual children pull off this move every single season and yet whenever it happens TSN replays it 700 times as if they're witnessing literal magic.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, kipwinger said:

TSN Voters Poll for Play of the Year: Akim Alieu "drags" toxic hockey culture after Bill Peters Interveiw vs. Jason Spezza scores "The Michigan" goal in 7-2 Leafs loss.

 

 Seriously the ONLY thing the hockey media loves more than sociopolitical stories is "The Michigan" goal. Dozens of actual children pull off this move every single season and yet whenever it happens TSN replays it 700 times as if they're witnessing literal magic.

I'd rather watch 3 hour footage of Michigan goals than here why Sheldon Keefe decided to wear red socks to the grocery store on Sunday. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 minutes ago, The 91 of Ryans said:

I'd rather watch 3 hour footage of Michigan goals than here why Sheldon Keefe decided to wear red socks to the grocery store on Sunday. 

The Maple Leafs are covered in Canada exactly like all American football games are covered in the U.S.

Joe Buck: Let's go down to our sideline reporter Erin Andrews. Erin, what can you tell us about Tom Brady's performance?

Erin Andrews: Well Joe, Tom is well known for drinking only distilled water, but did you also know that for the last 14 years he's also been gluten free?

Joe Buck: Hahaha, I bet Gisele's happy about that huh Erin?

Erin Andrews: Hehe, She is Joe, and she said the effect it's had on his tummy is just an added bonus hehe. Back to you Joe.

Joe Buck: Great stuff as always Erin!

Edited by kipwinger

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now