• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Bring Back The Bruise Bros

News From Around the NHL *Mod warning page 75*

Rate this topic

7 minutes ago, F.Michael said:

I wouldn't mind seeing Kapanen in a Wings jersey...Chances are he'll get nothing more than $2 million (possibly less), and I'm sure he'd entertain the thought of a 2, or 3 year deal for $3 to $3.5 million, and it would only cost us a 2nd rounder.

Chances are that's about all he would be offered by the Leafs, being an RFA, but if a team wants to pry him away from Toronto, they're going to have to offer a lot more than that. Kapanen would be a huge add for this team and he'd be worth every penny of $4.2M. No way the Leafs wouldn't match a contract in the $3-3.5M range.

Edit: $4.2M is the maximum salary to keep the compensation as low as a 2nd round pick. Doubt it happens, but I'd do it.

Edited by krsmith17

1 minute ago, krsmith17 said:

Chances are that's about all he would be offered by the Leafs, being an RFA, but if a team wants to pry him away from Toronto, they're going to have to offer a lot more than that. Kapanen would be a huge add for this team and he'd be worth every penny of $4.2M. No way the Leafs wouldn't match a contract in the $3-3.5M range.

I'm going on the notion that they have a handful of spots open on their D, and a few RFA forwards, and who knows how much $$$ they'll have left once Marner gets his $$$...Not sure if the Leafs will have, or want to spend $3 plus on him?

I do agree though - Kapanen has the potential to be a 30 plus goal scorer, and would be worth the max of a tad over $4 million so we wouldn't lose much in return.

On 5/18/2019 at 6:53 PM, F.Michael said:

Call me crazy, but if the young guys continue to improve, and if Yzerman nabs a RFA via offer sheet, and/or signs a 'decent' UFA...Me thinks we'll be playoff bound this time next season.

"Yzerman had it easy in Tampa what with stars like Stamkos, St. Louis, and Hedman to build around, who arrived before he even got there."

and then

"Yzerman had it it easy in Detroit what with stars like Larkin, Mantha, and Hronek to build around, who arrived before he even got there."

8 minutes ago, Wheelchairsuperhero said:

Between this and Dylan Larkin dying from ballsack trauma this tournament has taken a sudden, bleak turn. 

Bertuzzi has less points than Luke Glendening...

Patrik Rybar allows like 4 goals a game...

And Zadina has been completely invisible out there...

9 minutes ago, ChristopherReevesLegs said:

Bertuzzi has less points than Luke Glendening...

Disappointing, but about all you can expect from the 12th/13th forward. Bert has only played 4 games...

11 minutes ago, ChristopherReevesLegs said:

Patrik Rybar allows like 4 goals a game...

Career minor leaguer.

11 minutes ago, ChristopherReevesLegs said:

And Zadina has been completely invisible out there...

This is true. Almost like he's not even playing in these games...