• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Bring Back The Bruise Bros

News From Around the NHL *Mod warning page 75*

Rate this topic

3 minutes ago, e_prime said:

Everyone:  The Kings need to get younger and faster

The Kings:  We'd like Marleau, plz.

I guess there is the McLellan connection for Marleau, but Idk why Marleau would wanna waive to go a stinky loser for the possible remainder of his cupless career

To LA:
Patrick Marleau

To TOR:
Jeff Carter (50% retained)

LA unloads term, Tronna gets $3.6 in cap relief, IDK

On 5/29/2019 at 7:44 AM, F.Michael said:

32583g.jpg

I mean, if ur gonna dig for gold, a gardening tool might be helpful.

4 hours ago, ChristopherReevesLegs said:

I have never done drugs, I was just in a small room with 1 other guy, with 2 lines of cocaine laid out.

Maybe the other guy was double-barrelling?

27 minutes ago, Neomaxizoomdweebie said:

I mean, if ur gonna dig for gold, a gardening tool might be helpful.

Maybe the other guy was double-barrelling?

If that dude goes both nostrils at once, then I seriously question the company Kuzy keeps lol

At that point he should just shove it in his prison purse and get more bang for his buck

14 minutes ago, Jonas Mahonas said:

Yzerman: We like our team.

Are you suggesting that Yzerman should offer sheet Laine? That would be a HUGE mistake, just like it would be to offer sheet Marner or Point...

Or maybe you're suggesting that Yzerman should sign Karlsson to a long-term, huge money contract? That would also be a HUGE mistake in my opinion, but I realize I'm in the minority on that one...

Yzerman has preached patience, and rightfully so. We have a lot of really good pieces. We're going to continue to get some really good pieces. No need in rushing things... "Trust the process"...

1 minute ago, krsmith17 said:

Are you suggesting that Yzerman should offer sheet Laine? That would be a HUGE mistake, just like it would be to offer sheet Marner or Point...

Or maybe you're suggesting that Yzerman should sign Karlsson to a long-term, huge money contract? That would also be a HUGE mistake in my opinion, but I realize I'm in the minority on that one...

Yzerman has preached patience, and rightfully so. We have a lot of really good pieces. We're going to continue to get some really good pieces. No need in rushing things... "Trust the process"...

No.  I was only joking.

But I'll give you a stiffy with this:

https://detroitsportsnation.com/rumor-detroit-red-wings-steve-yzerman-trying-trade-former-star-defenseman/ddrysdale/detroit-red-wings-news/05/31/2019/205363/

YzerGM is on the right track.

53 minutes ago, Jonas Mahonas said:

Old news, and apparently fake news...

8 hours ago, Jonas Mahonas said:

The blogger wrote what 50 words?

Low effort even for click bait

I hope these dudes realize there careers are equivalent to the people who write headlines like... "Brad and Angelina back together? This unnamed insider thinks it could be a possibility"  

Edited by ChristopherReevesLegs

17 hours ago, krsmith17 said:

Signing Karlsson for any longer than 4 years is lunacy.  He's in a steep injury induced decline and that isn't likely to change.

20 hours ago, mackel said:

Signing Karlsson for any longer than 4 years is lunacy.  He's in a steep injury induced decline and that isn't likely to change.

Not that we need to sign the guy, but I think you're exaggerating a bit here.  His .85 points per game this year is basically the same as he's had for most of his career.  The injury cost him games, but he was still a VERY effective defenseman on this ice.  So I guess my question about Karlsson would be whether he's going to continue to miss time, and not whether he's going to be "in decline".  Nothing about his effectiveness seems to be declining.

24 minutes ago, kipwinger said:

Not that we need to sign the guy, but I think you're exaggerating a bit here.  His .85 points per game this year is basically the same as he's had for most of his career.  The injury cost him games, but he was still a VERY effective defenseman on this ice.  So I guess my question about Karlsson would be whether he's going to continue to miss time, and not whether he's going to be "in decline".  Nothing about his effectiveness seems to be declining.

I don't think anyone really thinks that Karlsson's game is going to dramatically decline in the next few seasons, but the question is, will Karlsson's game dramatically decline in 3+ years from now? I tend to think it will... We're not going to be Cup contenders in the next few seasons, and Karlsson alone doesn't change that. I think he would be a great signing for a team that is a piece or two away, but a terrible signing for a team that is rebuilding and several pieces away (Detroit).

Do. Not. Want.

1 minute ago, krsmith17 said:

I don't think anyone really thinks that Karlsson's game is going to dramatically decline in the next few seasons, but the question is, will Karlsson's game dramatically decline in 3+ years from now? I tend to think it will... We're not going to be Cup contenders in the next few seasons, and Karlsson alone doesn't change that. I think he would be a great signing for a team that is a piece or two away, but a terrible signing for a team that is rebuilding and several pieces away (Detroit).

Do. Not. Want.

Clearly someone does or I wouldn't have responded to the post I did. 

31 minutes ago, kipwinger said:

Clearly someone does or I wouldn't have responded to the post I did. 

He said that Karlsson is in a "steep injury induced decline", which I guess is what you disagree with, but he also said "any longer than 4 years", which would lead me to believe that he doesn't think that steep decline will take effect for another few seasons. I tend to agree. Sure, it's possible that he plays at this current level for another 5+ seasons, but I highly doubt it. The injuries that Karlsson has suffered over the past couple seasons, I would expect to have lingering effects. I do believe that whoever signs Karlsson this summer will regret it in a few seasons, assuming they don't win a Cup in that time... I hope Yzerman stays far away...