• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Bring Back The Bruise Bros

News From Around the NHL *Mod warning page 75*

Rate this topic

2 hours ago, Larkness Monster said:

That's an interesting order. How come you put Broberg ahead of Byram? Sounds like we are in for an exciting draft this year. Lots of intriguing prospects. 

Broberg has elite level skating, size, and reach.  Everybody likes Byram because he is offensively gifted to the max.  Thats great for a power play.  To get on power plays, you need the puck to get out of your end and into the other teams zone quick.  There is no better transition defenseman in this draft.  We have Hronek, Cholowski, Lindstrom, and McIsaac.  All of these guys are offensively gifted and can play pp minutes.  We need a guy who takes care of business in the defensive zone.  I watched highlight reels of all those guys, and Broberg is the only player that has DEFENSIVE highlights.

2 hours ago, krsmith17 said:

Do. Not. Want.

Lidstrom had this surgery in 2009.  Sports hernia.  Simple procedure.  4-8 week recovery.  I want Karlsson at 8 mil per.  Not so much at 11.

Blues are playing hit anything that moves hockey and that is slowing the B's down in my opinion. Issue is will the emotions of the potential close out cause another game 3 meltdown? Or did the Blues learn from that mistake?

I hope they learned because I will revel in the fact a team that hasn't gotten a whiff of the the finals since men's bell bottoms and platform shoes were popular could lift the cup.  

Whereas the team in the city that hosts the Hockey Hall of Fame can only see cup there!

Yeah I am a hater...LOL

37 minutes ago, AtlantaHotWings said:

Blues are playing hit anything that moves hockey and that is slowing the B's down in my opinion. Issue is will the emotions of the potential close out cause another game 3 meltdown? Or did the Blues learn from that mistake?

I hope they learned because I will revel in the fact a team that hasn't gotten a whiff of the the finals since men's bell bottoms and platform shoes were popular could lift the cup.  

Whereas the team in the city that hosts the Hockey Hall of Fame can only see cup there!

Yeah I am a hater...LOL

I believe it's over for the Bruins...Blues will hoist the Cup on home ice.

As for the Leafs - yeah it's gonna be some time before they win it all...Dubas has his work cut out for him this summer.

2 hours ago, AtlantaHotWings said:

Yeah I am a hater...LOL

1 hour ago, F.Michael said:

I believe it's over for the Bruins...Blues will hoist the Cup on home ice.

As for the Leafs - yeah it's gonna be some time before they win it all...Dubas has his work cut out for him this summer.

Tom Brady doesn't lose

14 hours ago, ChristopherReevesLegs said:

Tom Brady doesn't lose

Tom Brady is the most overrated QB in NFL history.

The Patriots went 11-5 with Matt Cassel in 2008, a guy who was a career backup. The teams average under Brady is 12 and 4. If Brady is really so great, the team should have fallen off the cliff that season without him, much like the Colts did in 2012 without Peyton Manning. They didn't. Why? Because its a successful team and system who could win with a lesser QB.

Brady's numbers and accomplishments have always been inflated by the teams he's played for. Switch teams with him and Manning and the Pats win 2 more Super Bowls and the Colts dont win any.

He shouldn't even be in the conversation for greatest of all time. He is an above average QB who fell into the perfect scenario to pad his stats.

Edited by Neomaxizoomdweebie

On 6/7/2019 at 10:34 PM, Neomaxizoomdweebie said:

Tom Brady is the most overrated QB in NFL history.

The Patriots went 11-5 with Matt Cassel in 2008, a guy who was a career backup. The teams average under Brady is 12 and 4. If Brady is really so great, the team should have fallen off the cliff that season without him, much like the Colts did in 2012 without Peyton Manning. They didn't. Why? Because its a successful team and system who could win with a lesser QB.

Brady's numbers and accomplishments have always been inflated by the teams he's played for. Switch teams with him and Manning and the Pats win 2 more Super Bowls and the Colts dont win any.

He shouldn't even be in the conversation for greatest of all time. He is an above average QB who fell into the perfect scenario to pad his stats.

Something something rings in my ears

The Green's announce they're having a baby girl

Congrats to the Green's, but who unironically wears a hat like that, casually walks around with bottles of Pellegrino, and names their son Axel?

Smh

Sean Avery in court

My other favorite fashionista is in court for hitting cars with his scooter on purpose in NYC

Fatso, Martin Brodeur, apparently plays video games on twitch 

1 minute ago, Neomaxizoomdweebie said:

The Foley's, the Rose's, and now the Green's apparently.

14b33bc52431b99a7c91bea2f07cf365.jpg

Meet "Liked Nine Inch Nails before they were a band Mike Green"

304f1fb2e43854c43218d9204f14c3aa--pro-ho

Meet "Bonnie and Clyde was a movie once Mike Green"

mike-green-katy-perry.jpg?fit=640,640&ss

Meet "I'm a 29 year old 19 year old college student Mike Green"

Mike-green-dc-men-of-style.jpg

Meet "Look how bad my suit turned out despite seemingly limitless funds Mike Green"

mike-green-family.jpg?fit=1040,520&ssl=1

Meet "I wish I was Pharrell Williams Mike Green"

The guy is a ******* train wreck. It's rare that I find a man where tattoos don't make him look more bad ass. Get some real men with real some character/brains on this team.

7 hours ago, ChristopherReevesLegs said:

The Green's announce they're having a baby girl

Congrats to the Green's, but who unironically wears a hat like that, casually walks around with bottles of Pellegrino, and names their son Axel?

Smh

Sean Avery in court

My other favorite fashionista is in court for hitting cars with his scooter on purpose in NYC

Fatso, Martin Brodeur, apparently plays video games on twitch 

Wyatt Enzo Berzeench, duh.

I was listening to French radio now and there talking about how the habs let go if this goalie who had good numbers to edm for a 5th cause of primeau and today ken Holland let him go lol

https://www.eliteprospects.com/player/190163/hayden-hawkey

24 but stats look pretty good , maybe Yzerman gets him to piss off Holland and he becomes a star haha 

Edited by nyqvististhefuture

15 hours ago, nyqvististhefuture said:

I was listening to French radio now and there talking about how the habs let go if this goalie who had good numbers to edm for a 5th cause of primeau and today ken Holland let him go lol

https://www.eliteprospects.com/player/190163/hayden-hawkey

24 but stats look pretty good , maybe Yzerman gets him to piss off Holland and he becomes a star haha 

He has to legally change his name to Hawkeye or no.  

On 6/10/2019 at 9:56 PM, ChristopherReevesLegs said:

14b33bc52431b99a7c91bea2f07cf365.jpg

Meet "Liked Nine Inch Nails before they were a band Mike Green"

304f1fb2e43854c43218d9204f14c3aa--pro-ho

Meet "Bonnie and Clyde was a movie once Mike Green"

mike-green-katy-perry.jpg?fit=640,640&ss

Meet "I'm a 29 year old 19 year old college student Mike Green"

Mike-green-dc-men-of-style.jpg

Meet "Look how bad my suit turned out despite seemingly limitless funds Mike Green"

mike-green-family.jpg?fit=1040,520&ssl=1

Meet "I wish I was Pharrell Williams Mike Green"

The guy is a ******* train wreck. It's rare that I find a man where tattoos don't make him look more bad ass. Get some real men with real some character/brains on this team.

I honestly cannot understand why so many people get tattoos...Most look silly, and are unappealing... I can see why guys/gals in the military get one (probably the only way I ever would’ve gotten one).

20 years from now people regret getting them.

4 hours ago, F.Michael said:

I honestly cannot understand why so many people get tattoos...Most look silly, and are unappealing... I can see why guys/gals in the military get one (probably the only way I ever would’ve gotten one).

20 years from now people regret getting them.

I tend to agree with you.

I think tattoos are cool, but I'm glad I don't have any. The tattoo I would've gotten at 18 is vastly different from the one I would've gotten at 20, 23, 25, 28 etc etc.

At the end of the day there's just not anything meaningful enough that I feel I need to tattoo it permanently on to my body. And I agree the Military probably would've been the only exception. If I had served and my boys were getting matching ones, damn right I would've gotten it too.

I remember an old friend of mine got a big ass flaming skull tatted on his thigh when we were 21. Smart guy too, has a beautiful wife and great career now. His logic was the thigh is pretty hidden so it wouldn't affect his career, and flaming skulls are cool. It just looked dumb. And he was right, it's very hidden, no one ever saw it unless he took his pants off, so why even bother at that point?

In all fairness though, if I had f*** you athlete money like Green at the age he probably got those, in the career he's in, I probably woulda got a buncha meaningless dumb roses and tribal s*** too.

35 minutes ago, ChristopherReevesLegs said:

I tend to agree with you.

I think tattoos are cool, but I'm glad I don't have any. The tattoo I would've gotten at 18 is vastly different from the one I would've gotten at 20, 23, 25, 28 etc etc.

At the end of the day there's just not anything meaningful enough that I feel I need to tattoo it permanently on to my body. And I agree the Military probably would've been the only exception. If I had served and my boys were getting matching ones, damn right I would've gotten it too.

I remember an old friend of mine got a big ass flaming skull tatted on his thigh when we were 21. Smart guy too, has a beautiful wife and great career now. His logic was the thigh is pretty hidden so it wouldn't affect his career, and flaming skulls are cool. It just looked dumb. And he was right, it's very hidden, no one ever saw it unless he took his pants off, so why even bother at that point?

In all fairness though, if I had f*** you athlete money like Green at the age he probably got those, in the career he's in, I probably woulda got a buncha meaningless dumb roses and tribal s*** too.

To the bold...Yeah - there's absolutely nuthin that I want 'inked' on my body - unless of course if it were military related.

Another thing...I'd love to see the retard drawn, and quartered responsible for starting that lame style of wearing a winter cap/toque during the spring/summer/fall months...Absolutely f-ing retarded.

5 minutes ago, F.Michael said:

To the bold...Yeah - there's absolutely nuthin that I want 'inked' on my body - unless of course if it were military related.

Another thing...I'd love to see the retard drawn, and quartered responsible for starting that lame style of wearing a winter cap/toque during the spring/summer/fall months...Absolutely f-ing retarded.

I'm convinced it's only to hide their unwashed hair. I usually only where a ball cap when my hair is lookin' greasy and I gotta hide it.

Take a shower, no ones whering sock caps in the summer you hipster doofus