• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Bring Back The Bruise Bros

News From Around the NHL *Mod warning page 75*

Rate this topic

13 hours ago, e_prime said:

Basically the savings from the Gudas/Niskanen trade. 

Makes sense. I guess I'd say Hagelin + Gudas > Niskanen at this point, if that's what it took to keep Hagelin. I'm not the biggest Gudas fan, but Hagelin has been much better for the caps than anywhere else he was recently. 

It will be interesting to see how Gudas and Wilson are on the same team :P

4 minutes ago, Neomaxizoomdweebie said:

It was never a dream.

I'm pretty sure for some on here it was a dream.  I mean, a pipe-dream, but you know some of the FANATICS on here.

58 minutes ago, F.Michael said:

IMHO this is about the time where they need to cut ties with the 2 Joe's...

yeah, I think I would agree.. wouldn't be surprised if they were both willing to come back on extremely team friendly contracts though. 

Alex edler and canucks apparently done , he wants a ntc and I Can’t see him getting that from any team 

i know the wings wanted to draft him so I don’t know if we’d be interested or maybe Holland in Edmonton ... if it was a 2-3 year deal with a ntc  and we can get rid of deadweight like ericsson And Daley would that be something worth considering?

are hronek and cholowski both exempt from being protected for the Seattle draft? choosing to be optimistic and assuming we get trouba here next year then we’d have to protect trouba,hronek and cholowski? If not we got spots ...couldn’t care less if we lost dekeyser to Seattle and green will be gone ... anyways not a big impact d at his age but I don’t really recall any dmen being available July 1 that are worthy 

2 hours ago, e_prime said:

Daaaaannnnngggg.

Braun and Dillon signed for this year at 3.8 and 3.27 respectively.

So... $33.57 for 5 defensemen. 

Dillon and Braun are ufa’s so they’ll be looking for cheaper options ... hello Doug Wilson? This is Steve yzermna  we can send you both Daley and ericsson at 50% off if you resign Nyquist , thanks 

6 hours ago, krsmith17 said:

Assuming this deal gets done, Ottawa gets an extra 2nd round pick in 2021.

Also, assuming this means Nyquist won't be re-signed, our conditional pick in 2020 will remain a 3rd rounder. Oh well...

While I'm generally fine with the return we got on Nyquist I can't help but marvel at how dumb the conditions were.  First, who bets on the Sharks' playoff success?  Lol.  Terrible.  Second, in order to re-sign him they'd basically have to swing and miss on one or both of Pavelski and Karlsson, their top two priorities.  Not to mention, as I've stated elsewhere, in order to get a better pick next year we had to get a worse pick this year.  Dumb.

7 hours ago, krsmith17 said:

Great news!

This is a horrible contract. They were the only team who could have stretched the contract to 8 years, and they're still paying him 11 mil per? 10.5 per would have matched the total amount he theoretically could have gotten in free agency (assuming he could have even gotten that).

if he reached UFA and got 12×7 from another team (unlikely IMO) than SJS are still paying 4 mil more for an extra year. Is a 37/38 yo Erik Karlsson worth that? iDK.

52 minutes ago, Neomaxizoomdweebie said:

This is a horrible contract. They were the only team who could have stretched the contract to 8 years, and they're still paying him 11 mil per? 10.5 per would have matched the total amount he theoretically could have gotten in free agency (assuming he could have even gotten that).

if he reached UFA and got 12×7 from another team (unlikely IMO) than SJS are still paying 4 mil more for an extra year. Is a 37/38 yo Erik Karlsson worth that? iDK.

It was actually $11.5M, not $11M like it was originally reported... I don't think Karlsson is worth that next season, let alone in 3-8 years from now... Such a terrible contract. The only thing that makes this worth it, is if he helps the Sharks win the Cup in the next 8 years. Possible, but I wouldn't bet on it...

https://twitter.com/wpgjetspr/status/1140767329006968832?s=21

TRANSACTION: The Winnipeg Jets have acquired D - Neal Pionk and a first-round selection, 20th overall, in the 2019 NHL Draft from the New York Rangers in exchange for D - Jacob Trouba.

is this a legit Jets account? 

Edited by e_prime

14 minutes ago, e_prime said:

https://twitter.com/wpgjetspr/status/1140767329006968832?s=21

TRANSACTION: The Winnipeg Jets have acquired D - Neal Pionk and a first-round selection, 20th overall, in the 2019 NHL Draft from the New York Rangers in exchange for D - Jacob Trouba.

is this a legit Jets account? 

At that price surely they have a contract extension already agreed on.