• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Bring Back The Bruise Bros

News From Around the NHL *Mod warning page 75*

Rate this topic

Just now, mackel said:

At that price surely they have a contract extension already agreed on.

That price ? That’s basically a trade deadline move .... jets didn’t even allow rangers to talk to him which makes me think trouba didn’t wanna talk longterm seals or else jets would have allowed it and let him sign longterm and get a much bigger deal 

this is just gonna be the rangers trying to sales pitch him all season to stay longterm 

Just now, F.Michael said:

I would've guessed the Jets could've gotten a little more?

Like a conditional 1st round pick in 2020 if Trouba re-signs with the Rags? 

No conditional picks 

I’m not worried about this deal , I don’t think he signs longterm or jets would have received more , trouba knows what’s best for the greater good ... keep the assets plus free trouba = better future 

keep the faith 

3 minutes ago, nyqvististhefuture said:

That price ? That’s basically a trade deadline move .... jets didn’t even allow rangers to talk to him which makes me think trouba didn’t wanna talk longterm seals or else jets would have allowed it and let him sign longterm and get a much bigger deal 

this is just gonna be the rangers trying to sales pitch him all season to stay longterm 

No conditional picks 

I’m not worried about this deal , I don’t think he signs longterm or jets would have received more , trouba knows what’s best for the greater good ... keep the assets plus free trouba = better future 

keep the faith 

It'll be funny if he doesn't re-sign with the Rags...Maybe Sean Avery can show him around Manhattan, and convince him to stay?

Funny though...Going from the smallest market to the largest market...

Edited by F.Michael

9 minutes ago, F.Michael said:

It'll be funny if he doesn't re-sign with the Rags...Maybe Sean Avery can show him around Manhattan, and convince him to stay?

Funny though...Going from the smallest market to the largest market...

I’m not too worried man , if he wasn’t allowed to talk to the rangers it’s for a reason , jets would of got more back so makes no sense man 

I’m 100% convinced this is rental trade and they’ll try and sales pitch him like sj did with Karlsson to stick around

in the end rangers just traded a few months of Hayes and pionk for one year of trouba ... not a steep price man

7 minutes ago, Jonas Mahonas said:

Id have done Green + #6.  Trouba is sure fire for 10 years.  Pick #6 is who knows.

#6 pick would of been too much man we’re gonna get a franchise player .... your pissed but you gotta step back and think man

jets wouldn’t allow rangers to talk to him, why? Cause they know he won’t sign an extension ...why wouldn’t they let him talk otherwise?he signs with nyr they get a bigger return on the trade

hes coming home man , and if he’s not that just means if he was traded to Detroit for the #6 and god knows what else he’d leave in a year and we’d look like morons and be that much further back in the rebuild 

1 hour ago, nyqvististhefuture said:

#6 pick would of been too much man we’re gonna get a franchise player .... your pissed but you gotta step back and think man

jets wouldn’t allow rangers to talk to him, why? Cause they know he won’t sign an extension ...why wouldn’t they let him talk otherwise?he signs with nyr they get a bigger return on the trade

hes coming home man , and if he’s not that just means if he was traded to Detroit for the #6 and god knows what else he’d leave in a year and we’d look like morons and be that much further back in the rebuild 

I hear you.  But look at the #6 pick over the last 10 years.  Monahan probably the best one.  ZERO franchise players.  Pick #6 is an NHLer for sure, but not a top line guy guarantee.  I hope you are right!

1 minute ago, Neomaxizoomdweebie said:

Rangers not taking Byram for sure now.

Assuming NJD doesnt go crazy and take Byram, that leaves Colorado and LAK to pass him up.

Cant wait for Friday

16 minutes ago, Jonas Mahonas said:

I hear you.  But look at the #6 pick over the last 10 years.  Monahan probably the best one.  ZERO franchise players.  Pick #6 is an NHLer for sure, but not a top line guy guarantee.  I hope you are right!

Cant wait for Friday

How many times have we heard though that the 2019 and 2020 are as deep a draft as the 2003 one ? It’s different , and I’m not gonna look only at the #6s picked and say oh only Monahan(who’s a great player btw) and say we’re doomed , I’m sure there are great 7s,8s etc.. it’s our job to pick the right player man , I think we can find a special player at 6 with podkolzin or zegras if turcotte and byram are both out but that’s just my opinion as it’s my opinion that I’m not too high on dach or cozens and hope we don’t take them .... if we do like Rasmussen although wasn’t rooting for us to take them I’ll be rooting for them to prove me wrong

friday should be a good one , I just want more picks lots to like this year man ... I don’t trust McGuire but I heard him on the radio today saying 2019 and 2020 are big time deep drafts  and after that it goes down for a few years , whether it’s true or not who knows but these next two drafts will be huge for the wings future 

17 minutes ago, Neomaxizoomdweebie said:

Rangers not taking Byram for sure now.

Assuming NJD doesnt go crazy and take Byram, that leaves Colorado and LAK to pass him up.

I don’t think they ever were ... it’s always been kakko ... and Chicago 

Edited by nyqvististhefuture

8 hours ago, Jonas Mahonas said:

It's dumb to just look at the player picked 6th overall in those drafts. You need to look at the players that were available at 6th overall in those drafts... Just looking at the past 10 years...

2009 - Oliver Ekman-Larsson (6th) - over half a point per game 1D
2010 - Vladimir Tarasenko (16th) - close to point per game 1W
2011 - Mark Scheifele (7th) - point per game 1C
2012 - Filip Forsberg (11th) - close to point per game 1W
2013 - Sean Monahan (6th) - point per game 1C
2014 - David Pastrnak (25th) - over point per game 1W / Dylan Larkin (15th) - point per game 1C
2015 - Zach Werenski (8th) - over half a point per game 1D / Mikko Rantanen (10th) - over point per game 1W
2016 - Matthew Tkatchuk (6th) - point per game 1W

Point is, there are always elite players available at 6th overall in the draft. It's just a matter of picking the right player. I want Trouba as much as the next guy, but I'd probably take every single one of those players at 18 years old, over Trouba at 25 years old. Not to mention the fact that we could still get that elite player this weekend, AND have a shot at Trouba next summer (if he doesn't sign an extension)...

4 minutes ago, krsmith17 said:

It's dumb to just look at the player picked 6th overall in those drafts. You need to look at the players that were available at 6th overall in those drafts... Just looking at the past 10 years...

2009 - Oliver Ekman-Larsson (6th) - over half a point per game 1D
2010 - Vladimir Tarasenko (16th) - close to point per game 1W
2011 - Mark Scheifele (7th) - point per game 1C
2012 - Filip Forsberg (11th) - close to point per game 1W
2013 - Sean Monahan (6th) - point per game 1C
2014 - David Pastrnak (25th) - over point per game 1W / Dylan Larkin (15th) - point per game 1C
2015 - Zach Werenski (8th) - over half a point per game 1D / Mikko Rantanen (10th) - over point per game 1W
2016 - Matthew Tkatchuk (6th) - point per game 1W

Point is, there are always elite players available at 6th overall in the draft. It's just a matter of picking the right player. I want Trouba as much as the next guy, but I'd probably take every single one of those players at 18 years old, over Trouba at 25 years old. Not to mention the fact that we could still get that elite player this weekend, AND have a shot at Trouba next summer (if he doesn't sign an extension)...

I gotcha.  I just think the 5-6 year trade off for a guarantee is worth it.  

20 minutes ago, Jonas Mahonas said:

Would be nice.

Cozens

Trouba

Lafrenier

Hello playoffs.

2020-21

Zadina - Larkin - Cozens
Lafreniere - Veleno - Mantha (The French Connection)
Bertuzzi - Athanasiou - Leason
Rasmussen - Turgeon - Hirose
Pearson / Smith

DeKeyser - Trouba
Cholowski - Hronek
McIsaac - Bowey
Kaski / Lindstrom

Larsson
Eliasson

What is he supposed to say, "Oh geez guys. I'm just glad to be outta that snowy sh!%hole Winnipeg. Can I have some fun in the city before my agent drops the fact that I'm not signing with New York long-term into their laps?  I mean, FFS, they're called the RAGS for a reason, right?  Call me Stevie."