• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Bring Back The Bruise Bros

News From Around the NHL *Mod warning page 75*

Rate this topic

10 hours ago, Neomaxizoomdweebie said:

Rangers not taking Byram for sure now.

Assuming NJD doesnt go crazy and take Byram, that leaves Colorado and LAK to pass him up.

Will either LA, or Colorado draft for need, or bpa?

Would be nice to see Byram available at #6...Could be a franchise Dman from what we read about him.

8 minutes ago, nyqvististhefuture said:

Here comes the pissed off wings fans lol .... still not to worried ,probs just something he said to interviewer7FF2A05D-3AE3-4B20-9845-0869EF53245A.jpeg

$5 says he's fretting over learning the NYC subway system.

The quotes from Trouba here have me more shook than anything he might say about the Rags or any other team that might court him.

I mean, I get it... but if future wifey don't like it.  It ain't gon' happen.

Edited by e_prime

5 minutes ago, e_prime said:

The quotes from Trouba here have me more shook than anything he might say about the Rags or any other team that might court him.

She should do her residency somewhere in the Detroit area....

32 minutes ago, krsmith17 said:

2020-21

Zadina - Larkin - Cozens
Lafreniere - Veleno - Mantha (The French Connection)
Bertuzzi - Athanasiou - Leason
Rasmussen - Turgeon - Hirose
Pearson / Smith

DeKeyser - Trouba
Cholowski - Hronek
McIsaac - Bowey
Kaski / Lindstrom

Larsson
Eliasson

Yes please

5 minutes ago, krsmith17 said:

The one thing that is making me think he might be interested in signing long-term in New York, is that one of his best buddies, Brady Skjei plays for the Rangers...

If he does sign then he wouldn’t of signed with Detroit in the end and we’d be minus #6 pick + cholowski or whatever other ridiculous package fans were willing to give up and he that much further back in the rebuild 

ill be disappointed if he doesn’t resign but I won’t lose my s*** and keep on with the rebuild and move a forward asset soon for a blue chip dman ...atm I’m still choosing to believe he’d have signed a longterm deal with the rangers before the trade if that was where he wanted to go 

its Detroit or Florida (where his wife’s from right?)  if it’s florida then we never stood a chance anyways and the trade would of been pointless ... come on 2020

6 minutes ago, nyqvististhefuture said:

If he does sign then he wouldn’t of signed with Detroit in the end and we’d be minus #6 pick + cholowski or whatever other ridiculous package fans were willing to give up and he that much further back in the rebuild 

ill be disappointed if he doesn’t resign but I won’t lose my s*** and keep on with the rebuild and move a forward asset soon for a blue chip dman ...atm I’m still choosing to believe he’d have signed a longterm deal with the rangers before the trade if that was where he wanted to go 

its Detroit or Florida (where his wife’s from right?)  if it’s florida then we never stood a chance anyways and the trade would of been pointless ... come on 2020

I'm not necessarily saying we should have traded for him, but I probably would have been comfortable giving up a similar type package knowing that we'd have the inside track re-signing him. The bold isn't necessarily true. Maybe he was between the Rangers or Red Wings, and would have re-signed with either of those two teams. I highly doubt he would have been traded to Detroit, spent a year playing in front of family and friends, and then sign in New York next summer. Anyway, until he signs an extension, I'll keep the faith that he'll "come home" next summer...

43 minutes ago, krsmith17 said:

I'm not necessarily saying we should have traded for him, but I probably would have been comfortable giving up a similar type package knowing that we'd have the inside track re-signing him. The bold isn't necessarily true. Maybe he was between the Rangers or Red Wings, and would have re-signed with either of those two teams. I highly doubt he would have been traded to Detroit, spent a year playing in front of family and friends, and then sign in New York next summer. Anyway, until he signs an extension, I'll keep the faith that he'll "come home" next summer...

Similar package would have had to been 18-24 pick which we didn’t have , #6 was too steep + like cholowski with zero guarantees of an extension , I personally wouldn’t have done it .... Dennis started off great and slowed down but he’s still a kid and shows he has the potential of being a 10- 15 goal guy yearly and 35-50 pts  some day (ya maybe I’m reaching now but I think he’s got a pretty good ceiling ) and I believe with the 20th jets will target someone like seider to replace trouba 

the thing is we’ll never know if it was between Detroit,rangers or maybe Florida at the end of the day he’s going to sign longterm with the place he wanted to go to , it’s not because rangers trade for him he’s gonna be like well I guess I’ll sign , or vice versa Detroit .... at the most I can see him saying I’ll sign 2 years with you guys and see what happens and decide longterm which I’d be able to live with if it meant he’d be here 2021 instead 

but he mentioned his wife again, maybe she wants to go to school in New York and we had zero chance anyways because of it, either way whatever happens to me it was gonna happen anyways and I wouldn’t of given up cholowski + just to have him walk in one year 

I’m choosing to believe it’ll be a one year deal with the rangers trying to convince him to stick longterm and I can live with that .... if his wife starts school this year we should pay close attention to where she’s studying

On a side note from all this trouba stuff ....... who are potential guys being bought out that the wings can target for cheaps? I can totally picture yzerman doing something like that .... I’d personally be trying to  trade ericsson and Daley etc... for picks and signing guys to 1 year deals and hoping they have good enough seasons we use them as trade chips on deadline day for more picks to speed this rebuild ASAP 

corey perry on one year comes to mind with the hope he gets close to 20 goals but I think he goes to a contender ... Toronto sadly comes to mind

Edited by nyqvististhefuture

16 minutes ago, nyqvististhefuture said:

Similar package would have had to been 18-24 pick which we didn’t have , #6 was too steep + like cholowski with zero guarantees of an extension , I personally wouldn’t have done it .... Dennis started off great and slowed down but he’s still a kid and shows he has the potential of being a 10- 15 goal guy yearly and 35-50 pts  some day (ya maybe I’m reaching now but I think he’s got a pretty good ceiling ) and I believe with the 20th jets will target someone like seider to replace trouba 

Pionk does not equal Cholowski. Bowey would be a better comparison there. I've already said that it would be dumb to trade the 6th overall pick, so that was off the board. And I know we don't have a pick in the same range as the 20th overall pick, but maybe our 2019 and 2020 2nd round picks would have been enough to get it done. I'm not saying I would have done that, because I tend to agree with you, that there's still a strong possibility that he could be a Red Wing, without giving up any assets next offseason. However, IF he does sign an extension in New York, I'd feel pretty s***ty for not giving up the minimal assets for a top pairing defenseman...

If we were targeting a similar top pair defenseman in the same age range, without all the rumors to Detroit attached, a package including Bowey, and two 2nd round picks would be a steal. Maybe it would have been wise to pony up the assets... Maybe we were never in the conversation... Who knows... Anyway, we'll see how all this shakes out...

21 minutes ago, krsmith17 said:

Pionk does not equal Cholowski. Bowey would be a better comparison there. I've already said that it would be dumb to trade the 6th overall pick, so that was off the board. And I know we don't have a pick in the same range as the 20th overall pick, but maybe our 2019 and 2020 2nd round picks would have been enough to get it done. I'm not saying I would have done that, because I tend to agree with you, that there's still a strong possibility that he could be a Red Wing, without giving up any assets next offseason. However, IF he does sign an extension in New York, I'd feel pretty s***ty for not giving up the minimal assets for a top pairing defenseman...

If we were targeting a similar top pair defenseman in the same age range, without all the rumors to Detroit attached, a package including Bowey, and two 2nd round picks would be a steal. Maybe it would have been wise to pony up the assets... Maybe we were never in the conversation... Who knows... Anyway, we'll see how all this shakes out...

Disagree with that , bowey’s barely been playing last few years ... pionk are Bowey are similar in age but I’d say today he’s more close to Dennis being a player we can trade back instead of pionk, who played pretty much a full seaoson and showing he can be a 30-35 pt guy who played over 20 minutes a game with n.y , I can’t see that with bowey who I can realistically see him being gone from Detroit in 2-3 yrs

ya #6 pick would have been dumb, don’t think 2 2nds would have been enough I think the jets asked for the 20th cause I think they are targeting seider or another dman to replace trouba .... we would of had to have an upgrade over bowey and move players to get a pick in the 17-24 range 

I want trouba but regardless I think if we take a deep breath we’ll be ok we got a ton of great forward prospects coming and we’re going to have to move some eventually and that’s when the dhelp will come , I’ll be rooting for another big year from AA not cause I don’t want him to be a successful longterm wing but I just don’t see him being here in 5-10 years with these crazy kids we have coming .... veleno,zadina,Berggren,#6,other picks,Rasmussen,svechnikov,hirose,ufa’s?

we’ll have to move 1-2 guys and if AA has another 30 goals and will want 7-8 per he’d be a great trade chip to move for a fabbro type dman , but yes the dream is still to land trouba 2020 for free but regardless I think the wings have a bright future sooner than most ppl think

7 minutes ago, nyqvististhefuture said:

Disagree with that , bowey’s barely been playing last few years ... pionk are Bowey are similar in age but I’d say today he’s more close to Dennis being a player we can trade back instead of pionk, who played pretty much a full seaoson and showing he can be a 30-35 pt guy who played over 20 minutes a game with n.y , I can’t see that with bowey who I can realistically see him being gone from Detroit in 2-3 yrs

Pionk and Bowey are two similar players that were in very different situations. Both are bottom pairing defensemen that will likely have similar careers. I wouldn't be surprised to see both play close to the same number of games and put up similar numbers next season. Cholowski on the other hand, is three years younger and has top three potential. Cholowski was a 1st round draft pick. Pionk was undrafted. Not even close to being similar valued players.

13 minutes ago, e_prime said:

Everyone:  We should've been in on Trouba

Trouba:  Nah.  No thanks.

I think it came down to New York or Detroit. Maybe Yzerman's offer didn't stack up to Gorton's because he knows something...

2 hours ago, e_prime said:

15 minutes ago, e_prime said:

Everyone:  We should've been in on Trouba

Trouba:  Nah.  No thanks.

Soooo basically, she learned her residency would be in New York (or at least she wants it to be) and so he told Chevy that he'd only sign long term with NYR or NYI. 

4 minutes ago, krsmith17 said:

Pionk and Bowey are two similar players that were in very different situations. Both are bottom pairing defensemen that will likely have similar careers. I wouldn't be surprised to see both play close to the same number of games and put up similar numbers next season. Cholowski on the other hand, is three years younger and has top three potential. Cholowski was a 1st round draft pick. Pionk was undrafted. Not even close to being similar valued players.

I think it came down to New York or Detroit. Maybe Yzerman's offer didn't stack up to Gorton's because he knows something...

Well I know if I had a choice I’d rather have pionk than bowey at this stage 

we just didn’t have the pick to offer, yzerman shouldn’t and wasn’t gonna give up the #6 pick , if we had an additional mid 1st round pick it might have been a different story but it is what it is 

3 minutes ago, amato said:

Soooo basically, she learned her residency would be in New York (or at least she wants it to be) and so he told Chevy that he'd only sign long term with NYR or NYI. 

I'll reassure myself by convincing myself that if Trouba is intends/is determined to sign long term with New York that Chevy would have gotten more.

Edited by e_prime

6 minutes ago, nyqvististhefuture said:

Well I know if I had a choice I’d rather have pionk than bowey at this stage 

Yeah, maybe. It would be close for me though. I'll be honest. I know very little about Pionk, outside of his raw numbers. I'm a fan of Bowey though. He had solid numbers in juniors and the minors, but was put in a tough situation in Washington. Traded to Detroit and struggled early on, but looked really solid the last couple weeks of the season, once he got used to the systems and teammates. I still think there's more to Bowey's game. I like him a lot as a 3rd pairing defenseman that can play physical and chip in some offense.

15 minutes ago, e_prime said:

I'll reassure myself by convincing myself that if Trouba is intends/is determined to sign long term with New York that Chevy would have gotten more.

I don't know about that. If ALL he wanted was a long term deal, maybe. But with potentially only two options (one of which may not have even wanted him), it's no surprise that the return was low. There were reports of higher offers than what they got from NYR. Then again, why even trade him then if he's RFA.. get him his one year deal and trade at the deadline or just send him somewhere else. Maybe the better offers would've pulled if they knew he wouldn't sign.. Maybe the Jets were just sick of the whole situation. Who knows.... seems like a weird situation. Obviously, I also hope he hits free agency. But it feels unlikely at this point.