• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Bring Back The Bruise Bros

News From Around the NHL *Mod warning page 75*

Rate this topic

Christ sharks got a 2nd rd pick from flyers from Braun , I know we hate Daley and ericsson but for sure we can land at least a 5th this weekend for each , I’m sure other teams value them more than we do , both cup winning dmen .... sure we’d have to eat some ericsson $ and we as wings fans are fed up of him but I’m choosing to believe we can move them this weekend and get decent picks 

Braun is a nice dman but I’m surprised he fetched a 2nd , Friday can’t come soon enough

14 minutes ago, krsmith17 said:

Yeah, maybe. It would be close for me though. I'll be honest. I know very little about Pionk, outside of his raw numbers. I'm a fan of Bowey though. He had solid numbers in juniors and the minors, but was put in a tough situation in Washington. Traded to Detroit and struggled early on, but looked really solid the last couple weeks of the season, once he got used to the systems and teammates. I still think there's more to Bowey's game. I like him a lot as a 3rd pairing defenseman that can play physical and chip in some offense.

He had a real solid season , my bud who’s a rangers fan liked him but he’s happy with trouba + they have miller,lundqvist and other solid d prospects 

he played 20+ a mins a night , solid offensive numbers for his first full season ,can easily see him being capable of putting up 35 pts next season with jets being better offensively , I don’t see bowey being able to put up those types of numbers right now but I am hopeful he can be a pretty good player but that being said wouldn’t be surprised at all if he’s not a longterm wing with a bunch of kids coming and future trades,ufa etc...

3 minutes ago, nyqvististhefuture said:

Christ sharks got a 2nd rd pick from flyers from Braun , I know we hate Daley and ericsson but for sure we can land at least a 5th this weekend for each , I’m sure other teams value them more than we do , both cup winning dmen .... sure we’d have to eat some ericsson $ and we as wings fans are fed up of him but I’m choosing to believe we can move them this weekend and get decent picks 

Braun is a nice dman but I’m surprised he fetched a 2nd , Friday can’t come soon enough

Jesus... It was a 2nd in 2019 AND a 3rd in 2020 for Braun... 32 years old. $3.8M for one season... Daley is 35 years old. If we eat half his contract, $1,583,333 for one season... We should be able to get a decent pick, if that's the going rate...

7 minutes ago, krsmith17 said:

Jesus... It was a 2nd in 2019 AND a 3rd in 2020 for Braun... 32 years old. $3.8M for one season... Daley is 35 years old. If we eat half his contract, $1,583,333 for one season... We should be able to get a decent pick, if that's the going rate...

They got a 3rd as well!!???? Christ I must have missed that , even at 3 million I think we can move Daley he’s not super expensive and has 1 year left , veteran dman with cup experience all depends on teams cap situations but I do think we can get a really good pick man

daley to oilers for a 3rd and Brandon Manning in a heartbeat , send manning down for the year .... eat salary off ericsson and move him for a 3rd -4th and move the picks to move into the 2nd, there’s really some nice moves to be made man and if yzerman is thinking longterm those chumps will be gone 

2 minutes ago, nyqvististhefuture said:

They got a 3rd as well!!???? Christ I must have missed that , even at 3 million I think we can move Daley he’s not super expensive and has 1 year left , veteran dman with cup experience all depends on teams cap situations but I do think we can get a really good pick man

daley to oilers for a 3rd and Brandon Manning in a heartbeat , send manning down for the year .... eat salary off ericsson and move him for a 3rd -4th and move the picks to move into the 2nd, there’s really some nice moves to be made man and if yzerman is thinking longterm those chumps will be gone 

I'd be willing to retain salary on any players we want to move with one or two years remaining on their contract. We have cap space to burn and it should increase the return.

12 minutes ago, nyqvististhefuture said:

Daley and Ericsson both have modified clauses with 15 and 19 team no trade lists respectively.  If I were Stevie, I'd have asked agents for updated lists upon hire.

7 minutes ago, krsmith17 said:

I'd be willing to retain salary on any players we want to move with one or two years remaining on their contract. We have cap space to burn and it should increase the return.

Is Kenny kicking tires yet?  ...or still figuring out wtf to do with Lucic?

Edited by e_prime

12 minutes ago, krsmith17 said:

I think we have 3 players max? And we gotta leave a few spots for trade deadline day especially say a green if we have to move him and help facilitate a deal if it means we get a 1st+ or 2 2nds type return 

not saying I wouldn’t eat salary on an ericsson or helm now we have to leave at least a spot open for deadline day which is why I’d take back like a Brandon Manning for Daley and probably help us get a better pick

10 minutes ago, e_prime said:

Daley and Ericsson both have modified clauses with 15 and 19 team no trade lists respectively.  If I were Stevie, I'd have asked agents for updated lists upon hire.

Is Kenny kicking tires yet?  ...or still figuring out wtf to do with Lucic?

I’m sure yzermans already asked and will try and get the best deals and ask the players regardless of the list if they’d reconsider 

My buddy just texted me:  If we could sign him for super cheap $$, do I think we should sign Phaneuf for a 1 year (2 max) to stabilize our D and provide some leadership until we're able to bolster our D via GR, draft, and trades? 

My one word response back to his very long text was "NO"

1 hour ago, krsmith17 said:

Flyers are dum. :D maybe they'll want to recoop that third.. we could send them one for Gostisbehere :ninja:

3 minutes ago, nyqvististhefuture said:

David clarkson submitted a no trade list lmao ... wtf 

so vegas trying to get rid of that contract ... f you Arizona lol time for us to recoup losing nosek, send us a 3rd :)

Nicolas Hague and eating the last year of Clarkson's contract for a late pick, please! :w00t: 

2 minutes ago, amato said:

Nicolas Hague and eating the last year of Clarkson's contract for a late pick, please! :w00t: 

Haha , I seen they have 3 3rds so I’m guessing it’ll be one of those moved which I’d gladly take ... i Just Don’t want f***en Arizona to get it , f*** those cheapskate f***ers it’s about time other teams get those type of contracts 

On 6/17/2019 at 6:31 PM, krsmith17 said:

It was actually $11.5M, not $11M like it was originally reported... I don't think Karlsson is worth that next season, let alone in 3-8 years from now... Such a terrible contract. The only thing that makes this worth it, is if he helps the Sharks win the Cup in the next 8 years. Possible, but I wouldn't bet on it...

So 11.5 x 8= $92 million. If another team did sign him at 12 × 7, that would be $84 million.

I thought having the extra year was supposed to help teams keep players by spreading out the contract another year.

By my math, SJ should have been able to sign him for $10.5 million per year × 8 = 84 million.

Signing him to the contract they did would be the equivalent of another team signing him to a 7 year deal worth 13.14 million per season in free agency.

The Sharks actually paid him more than he would have gotten as a UFA. Their GM is a horrible negotiator.

Edited by Neomaxizoomdweebie

3 hours ago, Neomaxizoomdweebie said:

If Holland was still GM, the Trouba news would have brought all of the Holland trolls out from hiding under their bridges. But Yzerman doesn't make the deal and it's all crickets.

I got a little mad. at least I'm consistent!

38 minutes ago, nyqvististhefuture said:

We’re so headed for another lockout f***

kevin Hayes 7 years 50 mill .... absolutely f***en ridiculous 

looks like we better trade all contracts that are up at the TDL yikes! AA and Mantha are gonna cost $8M each!

12 minutes ago, LeftWinger said:

looks like we better trade all contracts that are up at the TDL yikes! AA and Mantha are gonna cost $8M each!

Yup , we’ll not from us I don’t think yzerman will be bullied into making a move he doesn’t believe in , think mantha gets resigned and AA eventually gets traded anyways ... we can trade him now when he got a 30 goal season and has value , or take the risk his numbers drop OR hope he repeats and boosts his value further more either way I think he’s gone sooner or later 

we’ll see

5 hours ago, Neomaxizoomdweebie said:

So 11.5 x 8= $92 million. If another team did sign him at 12 × 7, that would be $84 million.

I thought having the extra year was supposed to help teams keep players by spreading out the contract another year.

By my math, SJ should have been able to sign him for $10.5 million per year × 8 = 84 million.

Signing him to the contract they did would be the equivalent of another team signing him to a 7 year deal worth 13.14 million per season in free agency.

The Sharks actually paid him more than he would have gotten as a UFA. Their GM is a horrible negotiator.

I don't think you understand how years work.

5 hours ago, LeftWinger said:

I got a little mad. at least I'm consistent!

Not at Yzerman though. Poser.