• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Bring Back The Bruise Bros

News From Around the NHL *Mod warning page 75*

Rate this topic

6 hours ago, krsmith17 said:

Yzerman has already shown that he's willing to play hard ball with RFA's. If Athanasiou demands X amount of dollars and Yzerman doesn't believe he's worth X amount of dollars, he will ship him out.

IF Athanasiou files for arbitration, gets a one year contract, Yzerman will not allow him to walk as a free agent next offseason. He will trade his ass at some point next season for a solid return.

Likely scenario IF Athanasiou puts up 60 points next season:

Athanasiou asks for $6.5M, Yzerman offers $4.5M. They eventually meet in the middle and settle around $5.5M.

AA cannot become a UFA until he is 27 or has played in the NHL for 7 years.  If AA got awarded a 1 year deal, he'd still be an RFA in 2020. He has 3 more season's before he can become UFA when he turns 27. He's only played in 3 qualifying season's.  Same goes with Mantha. 

NHL. A player who is no longer considered to be entry-level, but does not qualify as an unrestricted free agent, becomes a restricted free agent when his contract expires. A player may only declare himself to be an unrestricted free agent if he is over the age of 27 or has played in the league for a minimum of 7 years.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Restricted_free_agent

4 hours ago, Dabura said:

Hello Edmonton!

I predict Pittsburgh.

1 hour ago, krsmith17 said:

This helps us, because (with Z and Franzen) we have about $23M in cap space, if it's only $81M then we still have $21M, we are open to take on some 1 year big contracts that include some high drafts picks with them.  I'll take that 1st round from Tampa in order to relieve them of Callahan please.

13 minutes ago, LeftWinger said:

AA cannot become a UFA until he is 27 or has played in the NHL for 7 years.  If AA got awarded a 1 year deal, he'd still be an RFA in 2020. He has 3 more season's before he can become UFA when he turns 27. He's only played in 3 qualifying season's.  Same goes with Mantha. 

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Restricted_free_agent

I predict Pittsburgh.

Yeah - he’s made his $$$, and I’m thinking he wants to win 1 more Cup, and would likely sign on with a ‘contender’ for cheap.

32 minutes ago, nyqvististhefuture said:

Probably only way to convince him not to be protected for the expansion , ridiculous $ though ... hope Seattle takes him now just to piss him off lol

At least he wouldn't be moving far :lol: would be pretty funny to see him play in the same division against Vancouver 

Edited by amato

https://www.sportsnet.ca/hockey/nhl/jesse-puljujarvi-tells-oilers-trade-ill-play-europe/?template=basic&template=basic

EDMONTON — Jesse Puljujarvi will not play another game for the Edmonton Oilers, according to his agent Markus Lehto.

If the Oilers don’t trade him within the National Hockey League, he will play in Europe next fall.

"If he doesn’t get traded," Lehto confirmed, "he will play in Europe next year. He will not play in Edmonton."

"At the end of the day, if you can do a deal that makes sense for the Edmonton Oilers, you do it," said Holland, who spoke on Wednesday morning with Lehto. "If you can’t, you go over (to Europe) and watch him play, and hopefully he scores a lot of goals over there."

Well, enjoy Europe I guess. 

14 minutes ago, The 91 of Ryans said:

Kenny's the MAN. Says a lot about Red Wings culture that he never really had to deal with a situation like this in his bazillion years with the Wings. 

Yes. Now he should trade Puljujarvi for the $5.25M top six center he signed for too much for too long...

2 hours ago, The 91 of Ryans said:

Kenny's the MAN. Says a lot about Red Wings culture that he never really had to deal with a situation like this in his bazillion years with the Wings. 

He never had to deal with a player wanting out cause he overpaid most for longterm deals and gave no trade clauses away to anyone who asked lol

11 minutes ago, nyqvististhefuture said:

He never had to deal with a player wanting out cause he overpaid most for longterm deals and gave no trade clauses away to anyone who asked lol

I was more referring to RFAs wanting out because of how they've been treated. Fedorov and AA come to mind as hold outs but that was more about $$ (although AA may have had some beef over ice time and useage) . He's lost plenty of guys as UFAs

6 minutes ago, The 91 of Ryans said:

I was more referring to RFAs wanting out because of how they've been treated. Fedorov and AA come to mind as hold outs but that was more about $$ (although AA may have had some beef over ice time and useage) . He's lost plenty of guys as UFAs

In that case agreed ... AA could of had some beef and deservedly so ,where as puljujarvi  was never properly developed 

25 minutes ago, amato said:

If Holland got his choice of those guys, I'm torn between helm and glendog. 

You mean you're torn between Helm and Glendening who Holland would take? Or who you would want him to take? Given the choice, I would definitely rather him take Nielsen... but yeah, he would likely rather one of Helm or Glendening...

3 hours ago, nyqvististhefuture said:

This is clearly in reference to RFA's, any of the over payments Holland ever made was to UFA's.

3 hours ago, The 91 of Ryans said:

Exactly.

12 hours ago, krsmith17 said:

You mean you're torn between Helm and Glendening who Holland would take? Or who you would want him to take? Given the choice, I would definitely rather him take Nielsen... but yeah, he would likely rather one of Helm or Glendening...

Who I think he would take. I would agree we would rather he take neilsen.