• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Bring Back The Bruise Bros

News From Around the NHL *Mod warning page 75*

Rate this topic

1 minute ago, nyqvististhefuture said:

Still can’t believe yzerman couldn’t get in on marleau and send a 4th back minus the 7th 

brutal f*** up 

He has a NMC, he controlled where he went.  There is no way he'd waive it to come to a rebuild.

1 minute ago, nyqvististhefuture said:

He’s being bought out so didn’t matter 

missed that part. i guesss yzerman didnt want to waste a buyout on him? Is he gonna use it on Ericsson or Daley? Is he gonna use one at all?  We are all in Yzerman's court, but there have been a few things that has had us scratching our heads, that's for sure.

1 hour ago, nyqvististhefuture said:

He’s being bought out so didn’t matter 

What makes you think that? It wouldn't save them any money. And even though he's a thousand years old, he still put up decent numbers, and hasn't missed a game since the Eisenhower administration. He could be a solid depth player for them, especially if Williams retires.

2 minutes ago, Buppy said:

What makes you think that? It wouldn't save them any money. And even though he's a thousand years old, he still put up decent numbers, and hasn't missed a game since the Eisenhower administration. He could be a solid depth player for them, especially if Williams retires.

Speculation is/was that he want to go back to San Jose. A buyout by Carolina allows him to sign with the Sharks for less money and fit under their cap. 

4 minutes ago, LeftWinger said:

so far, New Jersey is winning the off season. Landing PK was big for them. Hughes will no doubt make them better. Both of those additions should help convince Hall to sign an extension.

Yeah Hall's gonna be inclined to stay I think with Hughes and Subban on the roster. Good for them.

Shero has now essentially traded Larrson, Santini, Davies, and two 2nds, for Taylor Hall and PK Subban.

Damn

13 minutes ago, ChristopherReevesLegs said:

Yeah Hall's gonna be inclined to stay I think with Hughes and Subban on the roster. Good for them.

Shero has now essentially traded Larrson, Santini, Davies, and two 2nds, for Taylor Hall and PK Subban.

Damn

These are the kind of things I hope to see out of Yzerman soon. soon, like now! Sure, we are further behind (NOW) than the Devils on our rebuild, but look at what they did thus far. Even the Rangers.  I thought YZerman was coming in guns blazing.  Obviously we have no clue of what goes on behind closed doors, but honestly, I think we could've bettered New York's return for Trouba and we probably could've made some draft moves to obtain more picks.  I guess there's always summer trades that get us some 2020 picks, but I am beginning to think that we aren't gonna hear even a drop in the water when it comes to moves from Yzerman this summer.  If Marleau is indeed getting bought out, I would've loved to have Toronto's 1st round pick (20 or 21) in exchange. We're obviously not using our buyouts on Ericsson or Daley, so what would it have hurt to obtain another 1st round pick? according to capfriendly, you'd pay his $6.2M cap hit in full this year and the hit would be $0 next year.  We have $21M in cap space this season. To me, that would be worth the 1st round pick. But maybe Toronto did not want us to have their 1st? Not sure....  I hope Yzerman is in talks with Holland about Pulljarvi (spelling) and maybe Carolina about Faulk.  I just want to see action because I was so use to non-action from Holland (until the last couple of TDL's) I am waiting for our Saviour to hit the ball!

Edited by LeftWinger

9 hours ago, nyqvististhefuture said:

https://www.eliteprospects.com/player/410615/mathieu-bizier

https://www.eliteprospects.com/player/275866/thomas-casey

wings invited them to camp apparently .... casey’s Another 5’8 forward, yzerman clearly has a fetish with short people and needs to talk to someone 

I don't give a s*** about height, but f***, get some right-handed forwards in the herr...

57 minutes ago, krsmith17 said:

I don't give a s*** about height, but f***, get some right-handed forwards in the herr...

Well I don’t want us to be a bunch of smurfs and be tossed aside like garbage by the next wave of chara’s Either haha  

i believe Lavoie was a righty? Legare ? Not sure on both being 100% righty’s but we had our chances either way I’m sure we’ll find some .... bring on the 2020 tank ! Hahaha : p

hopefully we get a few 5-6 dmen outside seider from this draft , I’d Say the next lidstrom But considering how cold hakan’s been I’m not going to get overly excited 

on a sidenote , anyone here know if we’re allowed to invite non drafted players from Europe to camp?im assuming it is , just trying to recall of past players invited who were from Europe 

Edited by nyqvististhefuture

7 minutes ago, nyqvististhefuture said:

Well I don’t want us to be a bunch of smurfs and be tossed aside like garbage by the next wave of chara’s Either haha  

i believe Lavoie was a righty? Legare ? Not sure on both being 100% righty’s but we had our chances either way I’m sure we’ll find some .... bring on the 2020 tank ! Hahaha : p

hopefully we get a few 5-6 dmen outside seider from this draft , I’d Say the next lidstrom But considering how cold hakan’s been I’m not going to get overly excited 

Yes, Lavoie, Legare and Beaucage are all righties. Not the sole reason I wanted them, but definitely a factor.

Edmonton got themselves a good player in Lavoie and I think, Pittsburgh and Colorado got absolute steals in the 3rd round with Legare and Beaucage respectively. Wish we had taken at least one of those guys. Oh well... I'm confident that Seider will be a really good defenseman for us, I just hope we hit on at least another couple of our 11 picks...

12 minutes ago, krsmith17 said:

Yes, Lavoie, Legare and Beaucage are all righties. Not the sole reason I wanted them, but definitely a factor.

Edmonton got themselves a good player in Lavoie and I think, Pittsburgh and Colorado got absolute steals in the 3rd round with Legare and Beaucage respectively. Wish we had taken at least one of those guys. Oh well... I'm confident that Seider will be a really good defenseman for us, I just hope we hit on at least another couple of our 11 picks...

Yup I believe in a few years when he’s scoring a ton next to mcdavid we’ll be seeing a lot more people here popping up and complaining we passed 

I agree with you man , even leason was available , puistola .... I understand we want to have more guys who compete and all that but we also need guys with huge upside that can turn into first line guys , don’t think we did yesterday but we’ll see 

and yes I like seider and think he’ll be good I’m just more pissed off the one time we could have traded back a few times in the first round and gotten few more 2nds we couldn’t cause we didn’t handcuff ken Holland to a basement and let him go after the draft haha ,I know we’ll get a few more guys outside seider ,again want more than a bottom line/dpair guy but hopefully one guy becomes better than that

5 hours ago, Dabura said:

I was never big on Lavoie, personally. But it was a good pick for the Oilers.

I think there's a reason he slipped out of the first round, but I also think there's a chance he could be a steal at 38. He reminds me a lot of Mantha in his draft year. All the raw tools, speed, shot, hockey IQ, but compete and competitiveness may be lacking at times.

My twitter links aren't working, but Dreger reporting that Arizona sends a 3rd and Connauton to the Avs for Soderberg.

Avs now have $38 million to re-sign Rantanen and play with FAs on July 1st... spooky

Dreger also reporting that there will be a $13/$14 mil offer sheeet for 5 years this offseason, per word from execs... more spookiness

Edited by ChristopherReevesLegs

55 minutes ago, ChristopherReevesLegs said:

My twitter links aren't working, but Dreger reporting that Arizona sends a 3rd and Connauton to the Avs for Soderberg.

Avs now have $38 million to re-sign Rantanen and play with FAs on July 1st... spooky

Dreger also reporting that there will be a $13/$14 mil offer sheeet for 5 years this offseason, per word from execs... more spookiness

Woh.  I take the 4 firsts all day.

1 hour ago, Never_Retire_Steve said:

Really liking what the Devils are doing and with guys like Hall, Hischier, Subban, Hughes, etc. in the mix I think they can be a contender this upcoming season if those guys are all healthy. 

In addition to filling a need with a great player, word is that they brought in Subban to show Hall they are committed to winning. Hall is a UFA after this season.