• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Bring Back The Bruise Bros

News From Around the NHL *Mod warning page 75*

Rate this topic

https://mobile.twitter.com/JoeSmithTB/status/1143745370960195584

edit: don't know why the link didn't work right...

#TBLightning + Brayden Point not close to deal yet as RFA interview window opens. While Point is likely to listen if teams reach out, he’s made it clear he wants to re-sign w TB. Timeline? BriseBois said focus is signing Point, “not avoiding offer sheets.”

Edited by amato

2 hours ago, ChristopherReevesLegs said:

TWITTER LINKS STILL NOT WORKING. FIX THIS JANNIES.

Luongo is retiring. I'm all but certain Florida will throw the bank at Bobrovsky and Panarin now.

Twitter links fixed?

Luongo's retirement: Canucks are getting hammered. 3M against the cap for each of the next three seasons.

36 minutes ago, The 91 of Ryans said:

Luongo's retirement: Canucks are getting hammered. 3M against the cap for each of the next three seasons.

And the fact that he's retiring after collecting most of the money in 3/4 of the contract is more proof the NHL was right to add that rule.

• Luongo - Retires after getting paid ~94.4%
  • Hossa - Retires after ~93.7%
  • Zetterberg - Retires after ~92.5%

I think the rest of them were either bought out or ended by concussions, aside from Kovy.

Weber, Suter, and Parise all retiring in two years, calling it. :)

21 minutes ago, Buppy said:

And the fact that he's retiring after collecting most of the money in 3/4 of the contract is more proof the NHL was right to add that rule.

• Luongo - Retires after getting paid ~94.4%
  • Hossa - Retires after ~93.7%
  • Zetterberg - Retires after ~92.5%

I think the rest of them were either bought out or ended by concussions, aside from Kovy.

Weber, Suter, and Parise all retiring in two years, calling it. :)

God if I had the option to sign a 10 year work contract and get paid 90% of it within the first few years, I would totally "throw my back out" or "become allergic to desks" the day I hit the 90% mark.

Granted playing hockey is actually fun, but s*** if I was Zberg I would have retired at like 33 at 50% of the cash and checked into the deja vu for my remaining years of life. He's a better man than me.

45 minutes ago, nyqvististhefuture said:

Would love to have Nosek back. Cheap player. Gives 100% every shift. Really like how he's played for Vegas. All he needs to do is hold down the 4th line and he does that exceptionally well.

12 minutes ago, ChristopherReevesLegs said:

Would love to have Nosek back. Cheap player. Gives 100% every shift. Really like how he's played for Vegas. All he needs to do is hold down the 4th line and he does that exceptionally well.

Problem is yzerman has to dump a ton of bottom line guys lol , still possible but I just wish he’d be moving those punks out of here ASAP i want a s*** ton of picks for 2020

looking into next years top crop and f*** how I wish we’d have pulled a jt Miller type deal and ended up with 2 top 10 picks , 2020 is unreal

3 minutes ago, nyqvististhefuture said:

Problem is yzerman has to dump a ton of bottom line guys lol , still possible but I just wish he’d be moving those punks out of here ASAP i want a s*** ton of picks for 2020

looking into next years top crop and f*** how I wish we’d have pulled a jt Miller type deal and ended up with 2 top 10 picks , 2020 is unreal

All I know is Le french guy is going first

5 minutes ago, ChristopherReevesLegs said:

All I know is Le french guy is going first

Yup 110% and there’s guys like holtz,Raymond,Lundell,gunler,the Russian goalie who’s suppose to be amazing ,and surely some guys will come out of nowhere which makes it scary how good it’ll be , we better finally send green packing and get a pick

And this kid 

https://www.eliteprospects.com/player/503020/quinton-byfield

hes already 6’4 and he’s still 16 lol ... f*** , work your magic Stevie 

Edited by nyqvististhefuture

6 minutes ago, nyqvististhefuture said:

Yup 110% and there’s guys like holtz,Raymond,Lundell,gunler,the Russian goalie who’s suppose to be amazing ,and surely some guys will come out of nowhere which makes it scary how good it’ll be , we better finally send green packing and get a pick

And this kid 

https://www.eliteprospects.com/player/503020/quinton-byfield

hes already 6’4 and he’s still 16 lol ... f*** , work your magic Stevie 

I play eastside hockey manager on my laptop when I have to fly (highly recommend this game btw) I drafted Byfield in 2020 at like 2 overall and he made my roster and scored like 50 pts his first season.

I highly recommend this player.

1 hour ago, ChristopherReevesLegs said:

I play eastside hockey manager on my laptop when I have to fly (highly recommend this game btw) I drafted Byfield in 2020 at like 2 overall and he made my roster and scored like 50 pts his first season.

I highly recommend this player.

Never heard of it but I’ll check it out , all I know if we’re ever going to win a lottery draft and get In The top 3 it’s gotta be next year if there’s a god 

11 minutes ago, nyqvististhefuture said:

Never heard of it but I’ll check it out , all I know if we’re ever going to win a lottery draft and get In The top 3 it’s gotta be next year if there’s a god 

I think the game is like $10 bucks. Takes up very little memory on ur pc and doesnt need super graphics or anything. It's basically NHL 19 GM Mode on steroids and it's super addictive if you're into that. Just have to download the TBL rosters after buying.

It's very causal as most of the time ur just simulating days until u have to make roster decisions. I like to play while I watch Wings games too.

I think I'm in 2023 season right now and I just hiired Henrik Lundqvist to be my Swedish scout. It's an interesting game. 

Edited by ChristopherReevesLegs

7 minutes ago, ChristopherReevesLegs said:

I think the game is like $10 bucks. Takes up very little memory on ur pc and doesnt need super graphics or anything. It's basically NHL 19 GM Mode on steroids and it's super addictive if you're into that. Just have to download the TBL rosters after buying.

It's very causal as most of the time ur just simulating days until u have to make roster decisions. I like to play while I watch Wings games too.

I think I'm in 2023 season right now and I just hiired Henrik Lundqvist to be my Swedish scout. It's an interesting game. 

Never heard of it, but it sounds interesting. How would you say the trades are? Somewhat realistic or NHL 19 realistic?

edit: for anyone interested, it's on sale right now for 5 bucks. Normally 20.

edit edit: something something Haula traded to the Hurricanes.

Edited by Wheelchairsuperhero

20 minutes ago, Wheelchairsuperhero said:

Never heard of it, but it sounds interesting. How would you say the trades are? Somewhat realistic or NHL 19 realistic?

edit: for anyone interested, it's on sale right now for 5 bucks. Normally 20.

Oh s*** I didn't realize the summer sale is going on. If you're into the business side of hockey def get it for 5 bucks.

Trades are hard. AI teams heavily favor elite players, and won't move on lesser players or lesser FA's until the big names are off the board. I like this because it seems super realistic. As the trade deadline approaches everyone is trying to force players like Doughty out of LA and everyone tells you to basically F off when u offer them Nielsen lol. But likewise I was able to snag multiple 2nd tier UFAs during free agency while the AI teams were bid warring over the top FA's like Panarin.

Trades also really depend on how a player is doing. If Athanasiou has 20 pts going into the trade deadline you might get a two 4ths offered. If he has 50 pts you might get a 1st plus more offered.

Generally I like the trading ALOT. Often times you're left feeling wow I got a steal for this guy, and other times I can't believe I was only able to get that. For example I traded Puempel for two 2nds after a 50 pt season playing with Larkin. But only got a 3rd for Green when he was having a low season at 36.

My only complaints about the game: It's too easy to rope former head coaches into being assistant coaches. And the salary cap never changes.

Like right now my HC is Glen Hanlon. My assistants are Bruce Cassidy, Dan Bylsma, Randy Carlyle, Clint Malarchuk, and Joel Quennville. Ridiculously stacked bench.

Edited by ChristopherReevesLegs

2 hours ago, ChristopherReevesLegs said:

Does it have real names of players in nhl teams?

Late Wednesday night the Golden Knights began trimming down by sending Erik Haulaand his $2.75M cap hit to the Carolina Hurricanes in exchange for 22-year-old prospect Nicolas Roy and a conditional 2021 fifth-round pick.

The NHL and NHLPA agreed to a salary cap ceiling last week of $81.5M for this coming season. The Golden Knights were close to $90M before the trade, so the work isn’t done yet. 

https://nhl.nbcsports.com/2019/06/27/cap-shedding-begins-as-golden-knights-send-haula-to-hurricanes/

Cap is set 1.5 mill under what was supposedly expected for much of the season. could see a bunch more trades soon.

16 minutes ago, The 91 of Ryans said:

Teams Reaching Out to Aho and Connor

Sounds like Aho wants 9.5 x 5. 

I'd do 10 x 5

Kid is 21. 83pts last year. 

You'd have the one of the best young 1-2 punches in the NHL with Aho and Larkin.

Would this be worth 2 first rounder a 2nd and a 3rd? 

Not if the first is 2020.  Lafreniere >> Aho.

Just now, Jonas Mahonas said:

Not if the first is 2020.  Lafreniere >> Aho.

But there's no guarantee the Wings win the lotto. Let me say this again "Aho is an 83 point #1 center and is only 21 years old". I'd take bird in hand in this case.

33 minutes ago, The 91 of Ryans said:

Teams Reaching Out to Aho and Connor

Sounds like Aho wants 9.5 x 5. 

I'd do 10 x 5

Kid is 21. 83pts last year. 

You'd have the one of the best young 1-2 punches in the NHL with Aho and Larkin.

Would this be worth 2 first rounder a 2nd and a 3rd? 

I don't know. I don't really feel comfortable offer sheeting any player in that range... Aho is a phenomenal player, but is he worth $10+M and 2 high first round picks, plus a 2nd and 3rd round pick? I'm not so sure...

19 minutes ago, The 91 of Ryans said:

But there's no guarantee the Wings win the lotto. Let me say this again "Aho is an 83 point #1 center and is only 21 years old". I'd take bird in hand in this case.

Even if it's not Lafreniere, we would have a good chance of getting one of, Byfield, Raymond or Holtz as well. All of which could be better than Aho. I get the whole bird in the hand mentality, but that's a LOT to give up...

If it were up to me, I'd much rather go after one of the smaller fish, like Kapanen. $4.2M and a 2nd round pick, for a 22 year old 40-50+ point right-handed winger. That's much better value in my opinion...