• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Bring Back The Bruise Bros

News From Around the NHL *Mod warning page 75*

Rate this topic

On 7/19/2019 at 5:28 PM, ChristopherReevesLegs said:

Thank you. Krug it is.

Used to watch him when he played for MSU, before the bottom fell out on that program.

Anyone from Livonia wanna confirm that he wants to come home to Detroit?

I'm not from Livonia but when I was at MSU I met someone who was. And they said that their cousins wife once cut krugs hair and after learning he played hockey, told him it'd be cool to see him play for the wings one day. And, here's the Kicker, he didn't dispute it. So. It's pretty much a done deal. 

22 hours ago, amato said:

I'm not from Livonia but when I was at MSU I met someone who was. And they said that their cousins wife once cut krugs hair and after learning he played hockey, told him it'd be cool to see him play for the wings one day. And, here's the Kicker, he didn't dispute it. So. It's pretty much a done deal. 

The Wings missing out on Krug I feel like was a mistake that goes un-talked about. He was undrafted and playing in our backyard. Now he's the Bruins top paid Dman. But we gave $5 mil to DK out of wastern so we go that going for us.

15 minutes ago, ChristopherReevesLegs said:

The Wings missing out on Krug I feel like was a mistake that goes un-talked about. He was undrafted and playing in our backyard. Now he's the Bruins top paid Dman. But we gave $5 mil to DK out of wastern so we go that going for us.

Well DK is taller so obviously he's better. 

4 hours ago, ChristopherReevesLegs said:

Krug, Trocheck, DeBrincat. It hurts.

One of the weirder deals I've seen.

Basically the deal is 4th for Sparks. Vegas didn't wanna pay anymore actual cash to Clarkson despite it not counting against the cap. So the Leafs said were cash rich, give us a 4th for sparks and we'll LTIR him ourselves.

Leafs cap is unaffected, but they can''t LTIR Clarkson till the start of the season. So basically Marner won't get a contract till the season starts.

If I were confident in my team being a contender for the next five years, then yes. 

You’ll probably end up trading at least half of those 1st rounders anyway for rentals. And late 1st round picks normally doesn’t end up as elite players. 

You would basically give upp 2 play-off rentals and 2 second-tier prospects in those 4 picks.

Well, Toronto has $10.5M that can be used as LTIR, so what is stopping Marner from taking a 1 year deal at $10M then getting a larger deal next year? Especially if they are in a win now mode, this could be their only window for a few years, considering they only have 1 D signed past this season they really need to go for it. 

1 hour ago, Akakabuto said:

If I were confident in my team being a contender for the next five years, then yes. 

You’ll probably end up trading at least half of those 1st rounders anyway for rentals. And late 1st round picks normally doesn’t end up as elite players. 

You would basically give upp 2 play-off rentals and 2 second-tier prospects in those 4 picks.

I think it's really dicey. Reasons:

• The league is so volatile now that anything can happen in the span of a year, never mind four years.
  • Drafting is a crapshoot. Maybe the four 1sts are all late 1sts...and maybe a couple of them end up coming back to haunt you. The Caps drafted John Carlson 27th overall in 2008 and the next year they drafted Evgeny Kuznetsov 26th overall. Food for thought.
  • The contract itself. Being an offer sheet contract, it would likely be an overpayment. Possibly an overpayment on top of what would've been an overpayment in the first place (i.e. the hypothetical contract he'd be signing to stay in Toronto).

If I was Dubas I'd strongly consider taking the four 1sts right now. It would save them a significant amount of cap hell in the future, and they will still have a very strong team without Marner. (8) 1st round picks instead of (4) over the next 4 years could potentially set them up as a perennial contender for a longggg time too.

I think the fact that Dubas might opt to take the picks should scare a lot of teams away. Not being able to sign Marner because of the Horton and Clarkson LTIR kicking in at the start of the season, could be Dubas almost daring a team to offersheet Marner.

4 minutes ago, ChristopherReevesLegs said:

If I was Dubas I'd strongly consider taking the four 1sts right now. It would save them a significant amount of cap hell in the future, and they will still have a very strong team without Marner. (8) 1st round picks instead of (4) over the next 4 years could potentially set them up as a perennial contender for a longggg time too.

I think the fact that Dubas might opt to take the picks should scare a lot of teams away. Not being able to sign Marner because of the Horton and Clarkson LTIR kicking in at the start of the season, could be Dubas almost daring a team to offersheet Marner.

Did someone say "dare"???!!!!!!

Image result for bergevin gif

The value of the whole "4 firsts" thing IMO depends on the team. If a lottery team did it, I think TO should take it. You could potentially get 4 top 5 picks.

If a regular playoff team did it, I wouldn't even consider it. Lets take a team like the SJ Sharks, most likely they will be picking in the 22-30 range over the next 4 years, the chances of any of those picks resulting in a Marner type player are extremely low. 

1 hour ago, ChristopherReevesLegs said:

I think the fact that Dubas might opt to take the picks should scare a lot of teams away. 

This makes no sense to me.  You think the thought of Dubas deciding to accept the picks, rather than to match an offer sheet will scare teams away from making an offer to acquire a player because there is some risk that such offer would result in them getting that player and losing the draft picks?  What is the desired outcome of a team making the offer then?

1 minute ago, toby91_ca said:

This makes no sense to me.  You think the thought of Dubas deciding to accept the picks, rather than to match an offer sheet will scare teams away from making an offer to acquire a player because there is some risk that such offer would result in them getting that player and losing the draft picks?  What is the desired outcome of a team making the offer then?

To f*** over the Leafs of course

4 hours ago, ChristopherReevesLegs said:

To f*** over the Leafs of course

I think the Leafs want Marner to get offer sheeted for (4) 1sts.  Marner is worth 8 mil.  Hes a good finisher.  Marner is NOT worth 11 mil a year.  He does not command 2 defenders the way Matthews and Tavares do.  Marner is open to score pts because of his teammates.  Not the other way around.

3 hours ago, ChristopherReevesLegs said:

"Nikita Zaitsev says in his 10-team no trade clause were all the Canadian teams, the Red Wings and '2 more'. ..."

2 hours ago, ChristopherReevesLegs said:

Asks not go to the Red Wings Sens

Goes to the Sens

Yeah ok buddy

Fixed

How did The Wings become so taboo? we are not the worst team in the league, some teams haven't made the playoffs in a decade, yet we're always on the no trade lists. we aren't that bad and you would think that a D would be interested in coming here because we lack good players at that spot, so they may get a bigger role here too. I just don't get it. is it the area? not that I really wanted him, but it's depressing to always see us on no trade lists.

20 minutes ago, LeftWinger said:

How did The Wings become so taboo? we are not the worst team in the league, some teams haven't made the playoffs in a decade, yet we're always on the no trade lists. we aren't that bad and you would think that a D would be interested in coming here because we lack good players at that spot, so they may get a bigger role here too. I just don't get it. is it the area? not that I really wanted him, but it's depressing to always see us on no trade lists.

Who else had us on their no trade list?