• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Bring Back The Bruise Bros

News From Around the NHL *Mod warning page 75*

Rate this topic

Just now, Dabura said:

Isn't Yzerman the guy who famously refused to give Jonathan Drouin an inch when Drouin was acting like an entitled punk?

Yup...And he also handled the disgruntled St.Louis issue quite well if I may say so.

I'm optimistic that 'Grand Master Y' will re-sign AA/Mantha/Lil'Bert to very team friendly deals this time next summer.

20 minutes ago, F.Michael said:

Yup...And he also handled the disgruntled St.Louis issue quite well if I may say so.

I'm optimistic that 'Grand Master Y' will re-sign AA/Mantha/Lil'Bert to very team friendly deals this time next summer.

Point being...probably a big "No" on that whole trading for Puljujarvi thing.

Just now, Dabura said:

Point being...probably a big "No" on that whole trading for Puljujarvi thing.

Indeed...'Grand Master Y' was a solid-stoic cat...Never had an attitude while he was a playa, and won't put up with some kid who thinks he's hot $hit.

47 minutes ago, LeftWinger said:

In all honesty, something tells me Gardiner just found a job.

only if he is happy with around $3M a year, I don´t know how Calgary could manage more. Even the 3 seems too much taking into account that they have around $8.5M in cap space and three players to sign including Tkachuk...

2 hours ago, ely s said:

only if he is happy with around $3M a year, I don´t know how Calgary could manage more. Even the 3 seems too much taking into account that they have around $8.5M in cap space and three players to sign including Tkachuk...

Sounds like they to pull a ‘Dubas’ - as in trade for a LTIR contract so they can go over the cap.

Canadian based NHL teams, and ‘Tkachuk’ is like oil, and water when it comes to contract negotiations.

Edited by F.Michael

It has nothing to do with greatness, the Detroit Red Wings have a philosophy and a certain way they treat their players, which is one reason why I am a Red Wings fan for more than 25 years now. You might not like him that much, but his whole career he gave his best for the Wings and when he is retiring after the season I can´t see Steve Yzerman trading him for a fifth round pick at the TDL and I can´t see a trade with Calgary, given their cap situation.

Edited by ely s

10 hours ago, ely s said:

It has nothing to do with greatness, the Detroit Red Wings have a philosophy and a certain way they treat their players, which is one reason why I am a Red Wings fan for more than 25 years now. You might not like him that much, but his whole career he gave his best for the Wings and when he is retiring after the season I can´t see Steve Yzerman trading him for a fifth round pick at the TDL and I can´t see a trade with Calgary, given their cap situation.

Same reason I gave up watching the Pistons and Lions, but stuck with the Wings. I love player loyalty for better and worse. I don't wanna just win, I wanna win with drafted and trained Wings boys for the most part.

On 8/15/2019 at 12:19 AM, ChristopherReevesLegs said:

Same reason I gave up watching the Pistons and Lions, but stuck with the Wings. I love player loyalty for better and worse. I don't wanna just win, I wanna win with drafted and trained Wings boys for the most part.

Agreed.

It’s why the ‘97/‘98/‘08 Cups are more satisfying than the ‘02.

Anyone see buffalo's gold jersey for the 50th "golden" season? It's actually really well done, I'd almost consider buying it myself but my fortune is currently tied up in cryptocurrencies. Nonetheless I like it

https://www.cbssports.com/nhl/news/buffalo-sabres-unveil-golden-50th-anniversary-jerseys-announce-theyll-go-back-to-royal-blue-in-2020/

1 hour ago, amato said:

i'm still 100% convinced that our '02 roster is what caused the salary cap :P 

Probably...Then again - remember when the NYR under the keen eye of Glen Sather signed Bobby Holik to a $9 million 5 year deal in 2002?

Sather must have stock in Crown Royal, or at least he consumed a $hit ton of it while signing all his old buddies from the '80s, and went on to win f**k all...One of the most bloated franchise salaries, and didn't even make the playoffs for several seasons as he ran them into the ground  :lol:

8 minutes ago, Euro_Twins said:

Anyone see buffalo's gold jersey for the 50th "golden" season? It's actually really well done, I'd almost consider buying it myself but my fortune is currently tied up in cryptocurrencies. Nonetheless I like it

https://www.cbssports.com/nhl/news/buffalo-sabres-unveil-golden-50th-anniversary-jerseys-announce-theyll-go-back-to-royal-blue-in-2020/

It should be orange/red instead of gold to match the ego known as  'Ginger Jack'  Eichel.

10 minutes ago, Euro_Twins said:

Yeah, they look really good.  They should just wear these all the time. 

3 hours ago, Euro_Twins said:

Thought the same thing

I also liked this one they did a few years ago, I don't think they ever wore it on the ice though:

Buffalo-Sabres-15-Jack-Eichel-Men-s-NHL-

4 hours ago, ChristopherReevesLegs said:

Thought the same thing

I also liked this one they did a few years ago, I don't think they ever wore it on the ice though:

Buffalo-Sabres-15-Jack-Eichel-Men-s-NHL-

it's most definitely not a nike jersey!

I like them! I wish they'd where them!

Edited by LeftWinger

4 hours ago, LeftWinger said:

it's most definitely not a nike jersey!

I like them! I wish they'd where them!

As much as I love shoes made by Chinese and Vietnamese slave children, I'm a New Balance guy. Made in America baby. Crazy how you can still make goods in the U.S. if you're not taking 95% margins....