• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Bring Back The Bruise Bros

News From Around the NHL *Mod warning page 75*

Rate this topic

17 hours ago, ChristopherReevesLegs said:

As much as I love shoes made by Chinese and Vietnamese slave children, I'm a New Balance guy. Made in America baby. Crazy how you can still make goods in the U.S. if you're not taking 95% margins....

yes, but just in case you didn't understand, I was referring to Nike halting production of the Betsy Ross Flag shoe.

On 8/16/2019 at 6:45 PM, ChristopherReevesLegs said:

Thought the same thing

I also liked this one they did a few years ago, I don't think they ever wore it on the ice though:

Buffalo-Sabres-15-Jack-Eichel-Men-s-NHL-

Were all players required to wear a Jersey with the US flag?  Or was their country used in their numbers?

18 hours ago, ChristopherReevesLegs said:

As much as I love shoes made by Chinese and Vietnamese slave children, I'm a New Balance guy. Made in America baby. Crazy how you can still make goods in the U.S. if you're not taking 95% margins....

I too am a big fan of New Balance - however the ones I'm currently wearing here at work are made in Indonesia  :confused:

Recently bought some Under Armour shoes (wife convinced me to try them)...I'm pleasantly surprised how good they are.

On 8/17/2019 at 4:39 PM, LeftWinger said:

yes, but just in case you didn't understand, I was referring to Nike halting production of the Betsy Ross Flag shoe.

This one?

patriotic-nike-1.jpg?ve=1&tl=1

Not really my style, but the flag on the back is kinda tight. I'd honestly prefer it with 50 stars, but yeah the shutdown of this shoe because of the flag is beyond moronic.  Lets not even get started.

On 8/17/2019 at 5:33 PM, mackel said:

Were all players required to wear a Jersey with the US flag?  Or was their country used in their numbers?

No, like I said I don't think this was ever a game worn jersey. Just a one-off for the fans. I've always liked coloring the number personally, gives a jersey some subtle pop.

On 8/17/2019 at 5:49 PM, LeftWinger said:

that would be pretty cool!

You're right that would be pretty sweet actually. Some flags might be harder to do thou. 

On 8/17/2019 at 6:22 PM, F.Michael said:

I too am a big fan of New Balance - however the ones I'm currently wearing here at work are made in Indonesia  :confused:

Recently bought some Under Armour shoes (wife convinced me to try them)...I'm pleasantly surprised how good they are.

Bummer, they probably only make certain models here.

I've got a "shoe guy" who hooks me up at cost on other brands, so I don't buy New Balance anymore. But fun story, I called this guy right after the China Tariffs were announced to pick his brain on how they were gonna deal with the tariffs (all their shoes are made in China). He says "all of our business will be moved to Vietnam within the week". So do tariffs work? Eh probably not, big companies will just move to the next cheapest country. But I do think the sanctions are puttin' the hurt on China more than anyone realizes. Sorry I've gone way off track.

7 hours ago, ChristopherReevesLegs said:

This one?

patriotic-nike-1.jpg?ve=1&tl=1

Not really my style, but the flag on the back is kinda tight. I'd honestly prefer it with 50 stars, but yeah the shutdown of this shoe because of the flag is beyond moronic.  Lets not even get started.

No, like I said I don't think this was ever a game worn jersey. Just a one-off for the fans. I've always liked coloring the number personally, gives a jersey some subtle pop.

You're right that would be pretty sweet actually. Some flags might be harder to do thou. 

Bummer, they probably only make certain models here.

I've got a "shoe guy" who hooks me up at cost on other brands, so I don't buy New Balance anymore. But fun story, I called this guy right after the China Tariffs were announced to pick his brain on how they were gonna deal with the tariffs (all their shoes are made in China). He says "all of our business will be moved to Vietnam within the week". So do tariffs work? Eh probably not, big companies will just move to the next cheapest country. But I do think the sanctions are puttin' the hurt on China more than anyone realizes. Sorry I've gone way off track.

In other news from around the NHL...

Mats Sundin spotted in Spain abreast a boobtiful woman

Courtesy of @F.Michael His 16 year old brain was too overstimulated to share it himself lol (It's safe for work)

EDIT: Just realized Mats is smokin' a dart in the photo. ******* legend.

Edited by ChristopherReevesLegs

14 hours ago, ChristopherReevesLegs said:

Courtesy of @F.Michael His 16 year old brain was too overstimulated to share it himself lol (It's safe for work)

Oh - wow...Didn't even notice Mats with the ciggy...Was looking at sumthin else ...

15 hours ago, ChristopherReevesLegs said:

the closest thing that loser ever came to a cup are those double D cups he's standing next to

2 hours ago, F.Michael said:

Oh - wow...Didn't even notice Mats with the ciggy...Was looking at sumthin else ...

I didn't know this till yesterday, but apparently Sundin smoked his whole career, and would tape chewing tobaccy underneath his foot or under his armpit during games. Little ridiculous, but it is a different feeling when you're playing with a chaw in. Typical Leaf cheater.

Edited by ChristopherReevesLegs

5 hours ago, ChristopherReevesLegs said:
Probably just a negotiation tactic on Marner's agents part, but god I would love to see the Leafs lose Marner for the season.

I would love to see Yzerman somehow acquire Boeser... Man, would he look good on Larkin's wing...

33 minutes ago, ChristopherReevesLegs said:

Ahhhhh there's that Holland washed up vet signing. Wonder if it will be $5 mil AAV or $4...

To go along with his signing of  37 year old goalie Mike Smith...vintage Holland! Haha

"If it is a 1-for-1 deal, Oilers would like a player that can step in and help now with some term left on his deal".

Helm is a player that can step in and help now with some term left on his deal...

Seriously though, Puljujarvi's value is plummeting by the day. No team is going to give up anything close to a prospect and a 1st round pick. Holland is going to have to come way down on his ask, or they're going to have yet another wasted top 5 pick. He's signed with Karpat in the Liiga this season, and will likely stay there unless he's dealt out of Edmonton...

1 hour ago, krsmith17 said:

"If it is a 1-for-1 deal, Oilers would like a player that can step in and help now with some term left on his deal".

Helm is a player that can step in and help now with some term left on his deal...

Seriously though, Puljujarvi's value is plummeting by the day. No team is going to give up anything close to a prospect and a 1st round pick. Holland is going to have to come way down on his ask, or they're going to have yet another wasted top 5 pick. He's signed with Karpat in the Liiga this season, and will likely stay there unless he's dealt out of Edmonton...

I'd ship Svech to Edmonton for Jesse... it's a potential massive upgrade or a lateral move.  Worth the risk on our end... heck I'd even include Helm with max salary retained.

2 hours ago, mackel said:

I'd ship Svech to Edmonton for Jesse... it's a potential massive upgrade or a lateral move.  Worth the risk on our end... heck I'd even include Helm with max salary retained.

Yeah, I'd do that for sure.

I honestly don't think Holland should be expecting a whole lot more than that for him at this point. 

I assume he's hoping Puljujarvi will go back to Finland and tear up the Liiga, to up his trade value. Even if he does do that though, he would still be a relatively unknown at the NHL level. He is still very young though with a ton of potential, so I'm sure teams will show interest. There may even be a team that is willing to "overpay"...