• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Bring Back The Bruise Bros

News From Around the NHL *Mod warning page 75*

Rate this topic

19 minutes ago, The 91 of Ryans said:

"Getting soft" or "getting smarter by subtraction" ? 

Don't get cocky kid...

20 minutes ago, ChristopherReevesLegs said:

\

Barstool sports and The Athletic

Everyone else is dead to me

Spitting chiclets with Biznasty always gives me a hearty guffaw.

8 hours ago, Jonas Mahonas said:

They had me until "...Rookie superstar Conor McDavid..."

What makes everyone feel that Yzerman wants these players? He showed no interest (as far as we know) in Gusev, and JP seems like he has the same attitude.

That being said, Svech and or Helm sounds good to me. Not sure I'd give up Ras for him though, if I'm trading Ras, it'll have to involve a top D. Just my 2 cents.

Would any of you be interested in acquiring Josh Ho Sang? (if it got Nielen's contract out of here?)

3 hours ago, krsmith17 said:

Yeah, I'd do it. Although I think it would cost a lot more than Svechnikov to get that deal done...

Svechnikov + glendening (retain some $) ?

think oilers are desperate to get in the playoffs and not continue to waste mcdavid away , Sooner or later he’ll demand a trade and I think glendening would greatly help the bottom 6 and penalty kill , svechnikov is of similar  age 

anyways probably not near enough, heard some young guys out there who might be available in trade talks 

5 hours ago, krsmith17 said:

Yeah, I'd do it. Although I think it would cost a lot more than Svechnikov to get that deal done...

Agreed.

Risto for Mantha + Bowey 

Puljujarvi for Svechnikov + DeKeyser (1/2 salary retained) + 2022 2nd

Draft Lafreniere with #1 in 2020.

Draft Stanislov Svozil with #5 in 2021.

Abdelkader taken by Seattle in 2021 in agreement for 2021 Detroit 2nd round pick for 2021 Seattle 7th round pick.

Other current handcuffs released/traded/etc.

2021 Lineup

Zadina-Larkin-Puljujarvi

Athanasiou-Veleno-Lafreniere

Hirose-Rasmussen-Bertuzzi

DeLaRose-Ehn-Mastosimone

Berggren-Smith

Ristolainen-Cholowski

Hronek-McIsaac

Seider-Svozil

Tuomisto

Larsson

Petruzzelli

What do you think?

2 hours ago, LeftWinger said:

What makes everyone feel that Yzerman wants these players? He showed no interest (as far as we know) in Gusev, and JP seems like he has the same attitude.

Supposedly Yzerman was in on Gusev, though I can't remember how credible the sources were. At any rate, I agree with you. We have Wings personnel candidly telling media that Yzerman has no interest in highly skilled players if they're not good soldiers. Like I've said before, Yzerman is the very same guy who famously told 3rd overall pick Jonathan Drouin to sit his uppity ass down and ultimately shipped him out of town. (Also told Martin St. Louis to shove it. So, yeah.)

Puljujarvi's done nothing at the NHL level, failing to earn a regular spot on Oilers rosters that haven't been significantly deeper than any of our own recent rosters. Svechnikov hasn't done anything at the NHL level either, but he's had some s*** luck with injuries. And even if Svechnikov isn't an NHL top-six scoring winger, I figure he can probably be a half-decent bottom-six grinder. Puljujarvi? Anecdotally, I feel like if he's not scoring, he's useless.

If we're talking possible young trade targets, I'm currently swooning over Grigori Denisenko (FLA).

https://dobberprospects.com/player/grigori-denisenko/

He's not a reclamation project like Puljujarvi is and there's no reason to think Dale Tallon has any interest in moving him. So he's a pipe dream. Having said that...if Mantha or Athanasiou could land us Denisenko plus FLA's 2020 1st, I think I'd strongly consider pulling that trigger.

Zach Werenski...I don't know why this deal isn't done. I trade for him now and give him $7M AAV.

The Columbus Dispatch reported Werenski is hoping for a three year deal with an AAV above $5 million. The Blue Jackets have $15,765,918 on Werenski, who remains the only player on the roster unsigned. The 22-year-old recorded 11 goals and 33 assists last season

https://www.bardown.com/tortorella-didn-t-hold-back-while-discussing-the-possibility-of-werenski-missing-camp-at-all-1.1359793

27 minutes ago, F.Michael said:

Kids these days...

I'm more so questioning the GM.  They have over $15M available, sure they'd like to sign a bridge deal, but $5M? Come on Columbus give the kid $6M-$7M for 3 years! He is a franchise D-Man! Not unless they are looking for 7-8 years and he doesn't want it. Or maybe they don't want to pay him more than Seth Jones? It's crazy any way you look at it! They have the cap, get him signed or trade his rights! What was my offer again?

AA, a FWD and D prospect, 2020 1st (lottery protected to 2021)  

Something like that should get it done. I'd even switch AA for Mantha if I had to!

Edited by LeftWinger

2 hours ago, LeftWinger said:

I'm more so questioning the GM.  They have over $15M available, sure they'd like to sign a bridge deal, but $5M? Come on Columbus give the kid $6M-$7M for 3 years! He is a franchise D-Man! Not unless they are looking for 7-8 years and he doesn't want it. Or maybe they don't want to pay him more than Seth Jones? It's crazy any way you look at it! They have the cap, get him signed or trade his rights! What was my offer again?

AA, a FWD and D prospect, 2020 1st (lottery protected to 2021)  

Something like that should get it done. I'd even switch AA for Mantha if I had to!

It is not understandable why he´s still unsigned, seems like the agents and GM´s all over the league are playing a bit of a waiting game.

as for the trade offer, I can´t see them taking it. It would leave a big hole in their defense and D prospect might not be enough. Either a three way trade or we would have to sign Gardiner to a reasonable contract and throw him in, but I don´t really see that happening

On 8/29/2019 at 11:58 PM, Jonas Mahonas said:

On 8/30/2019 at 5:35 AM, krsmith17 said:

I have to assume you guys would "do it"..."all day" because of Svech's injury and not because of their respective careers up to this point.  Svech has shown better in his short time (admittedly a small sample size), but Puljujarvi has been given a fair amount of opportunity to crack his squad and make a difference and he basically can't.  He's also a p*ssy, and doesn't like playing in the corners.  Something Svech has no issue with.  Puljujarvi sucks.  He's another Valeri Nichushkin.  He big, skilled, and has a high draft pedigree so people assume he's supposed to be good.  But he can't play with pace, doesn't win physical battles, and basically wants to play KHL hockey all game (float around waiting for his linemates to set him up in the open ice).  No thanks.  I'll stick with the kid who actually works hard and isn't a b*tch. 

Edited by kipwinger

On 8/31/2019 at 6:08 PM, ChristopherReevesLegs said:

Meh I thought the oilers ruined this kid years ago. Didn''t realize he still plays.

Another big dorky baby who never lived up to his "potential".  Least this loser won't cost us anything to eventually get rid of.  I would only ever use those camp tryouts on veteran guys like Jokkinen or Booth or someone like that.  Someone desperate for one last chance.  That way the young guys have some motivation to show up, do things right, and work hard because you know the veteran will if you don't.