• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Bring Back The Bruise Bros

News From Around the NHL *Mod warning page 75*

Rate this topic

11 hours ago, ChristopherReevesLegs said:

Have you had a chance to watch Gusev with NJD yet?

Pretty f***in good...

Looked good but Still preseason though so I won’t get too excited though over any one player just yet 

8 minutes ago, The 91 of Ryans said:

Got white in as well , melnyk trying to save $ and taking gambles on longterm deals now with the kids 

we should be doing that with some kids when possible 

1 hour ago, The 91 of Ryans said:

All this talk on how Melnyk sucks, but it took Trouba how many RFA negotiations and a trade to NYR to get to this point.

Now, with Byfuglien's future in the air, I bet Winnipeg is wishing they gave Trouba the $8M.  Add that to the fact that even though they have a ton of Cap, they still haven't locked down Connor or Laine, maybe something is rotten in the Peg?

22 minutes ago, LeftWinger said:

Now, with Byfuglien's future in the air, I bet Winnipeg is wishing they gave Trouba the $8M.  Add that to the fact that even though they have a ton of Cap, they still haven't locked down Connor or Laine, maybe something is rotten in the Peg?

Almost missed the news about Buff.

If he retires the Jets have lost all of their right side D in one offseason going from

Trouba/Buff/Myers

to

Who?/Who?/Literally Who?

I would trade Laine for RHD. 

9 minutes ago, Akakabuto said:

If he retires the Jets have lost all of their right side D in one offseason going from

Trouba/Buff/Myers

to

Who?/Who?/Literally Who?

I've heard they've inquired about Justin Faulk...

9 minutes ago, Akakabuto said:

Trouba/Buff/Myers

to

Who?/Who?/Literally Who?

So Atlanta (Winnipeg) basically moved a 1st rounder (Kevin Hayes) for Buff back in the day in that blockbuster trade.
Basically moved Bogosian for Myers in the Evander Kane blockbuster trade.
And traded Trouba for Pionk and Heinola this year.

So in a way they gave up Hayes, Bogosian, and Trouba
And the return they currently have to show for it is Pionk and Heinola

3 minutes ago, ChristopherReevesLegs said:

So Atlanta (Winnipeg) basically moved a 1st rounder (Kevin Hayes) for Buff back in the day in that blockbuster trade.
Basically moved Bogosian for Myers in the Evander Kane blockbuster trade.
And traded Trouba for Pionk and Heinola this year.

So in a way they gave up Hayes, Bogosian, and Trouba
And the return they currently have to show for it is Pionk and Heinola

This is why Ken Holland is terrified of trades

24 minutes ago, Akakabuto said:

This is why Ken Holland is terrified of trades

To be fair they'd be in a completely better scenario if Byflugien hadn't randomly decided he doesn't like playing hockey anymore in mid September.

He knew his team was in a major cap crunch and shedding good players, but only now he's realizing hockey isn't his thing anymore. Doosh.

How much you wanna bet he didn't train all off-season and got fat again and he's just saying eh fuq it now

7 minutes ago, ChristopherReevesLegs said:

To be fair they'd be in a completely better scenario if Byflugien hadn't randomly decided he doesn't like playing hockey anymore in mid September.

He knew his team was in a major cap crunch and shedding good players, but only now he's realizing hockey isn't his thing anymore. Doosh.

How much you wanna bet he didn't train all off-season and got fat again and he's just saying eh fuq it now

He is s very big dude. Playing hockey probably takes a heavy toll on that body and he’s starting to feel it more and more as he gets older. I think he’s just getting to that place were he is thinking more about life after hockey. 

Just now, Akakabuto said:

He is s very big dude. Playing hockey probably takes a heavy toll on that body and he’s starting to feel it more and more as he gets older. I think he’s just getting to that place were he is thinking more about life after hockey. 

Image result for burger in mouth gif

6 minutes ago, Akakabuto said:

The Jets im sure wish he wouldve thought about that in June.

Buff is the defination of a big chungus. Will miss him taking out 3 players in a single check. Or him laughing when guys try to check him. Absolute unit.

For a few years now there've been whispers about the Jets having a s***ty culture. Laine's being a baby. Byfuglien had beef with Evander Kane. Trouba wanted out. Hayes spent a couple of months there and decided he wanted out.

I wouldn't be surprised if they come out of this suck-ass summer as a leaner, hungrier, better team. Cut the fat.

1 minute ago, ChristopherReevesLegs said:

The Jets im sure wish he wouldve thought about that in June.

Buff is the defination of a big chungus. Will miss him taking out 3 players in a single check. Or him laughing when guys try to check him. Absolute unit.

Maybe the Jets suspend him until February or something, get cap relief, and he comes back Scotty Niedermayer-style for a run in the spring? 

8 minutes ago, Dabura said:

For a few years now there've been whispers about the Jets having a s***ty culture. Laine's being a baby. Byfuglien had beef with Evander Kane. Trouba wanted out. Hayes spent a couple of months there and decided he wanted out.

I wouldn't be surprised if they come out of this suck-ass summer as a leaner, hungrier, better team. Cut the fat.

But what if the s***ty part is still there? There were rumors about Wheeler being an absolute d**k with management having his back

16 minutes ago, The 91 of Ryans said:

It´s still just guess work of someone else, he didn´t say so. Probably he´s just pissed off because they lost some real good D and is thinking about leaving, who knows...

Luckily we don´t have to worry about that, he´s playing(or not) somewhere else

Edited by ely s

49 minutes ago, Dabura said:

And Statsny got picked up by them at the 2018 trade deadline, he publicly stated he wanted to stay there so the jets cleared space to keep him, but then he bolted for Vegas as soon as they did that.

Maybe it's culture, but maybe Winnipeg really is just a frozen hellscape as I've heard. IDK never been there.

44 minutes ago, Akakabuto said:

But what if the s***ty part is still there? There were rumors about Wheeler being an absolute d**k with management having his back

Certainly possible.

3 minutes ago, ChristopherReevesLegs said:

Maybe it's culture, but maybe Winnipeg really is just a frozen hellscape as I've heard. IDK never been there.

Do we have any Winnipegbros here on LGW.com?