• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Bring Back The Bruise Bros

News From Around the NHL *Mod warning page 75*

Rate this topic

3 minutes ago, krsmith17 said:

I don't know. I don't really feel comfortable offer sheeting any player in that range... Aho is a phenomenal player, but is he worth $10+M and 2 high first round picks, plus a 2nd and 3rd round pick? I'm not so sure...

Even if it's not Lafreniere, we would have a good chance of getting one of, Byfield, Raymond or Holtz as well. All of which could be better than Aho. I get the whole bird in the hand mentality, but that's a LOT to give up...

If it were up to me, I'd much rather go after one of the smaller fish, like Kapanen. $4.2M and a 2nd round pick, for a 22 year old 40-50+ point right-handed winger. That's much better value in my opinion...

I'm not sure either. 

Edit to add: would you trade Seider + Zadina + Berrgren + Regula for Aho :lol:

I was lead to believe that Kapanen's all but signed in Toronto

Edited by The 91 of Ryans

19 minutes ago, The 91 of Ryans said:

I'm not sure either. 

Edit to add: would you trade Seider + Zadina + Berrgren + Regula for Aho :lol:

Exactly. Even if you remove the two 6th overall picks from the equation because Detroit would likely be better after adding Aho... Would you trade Svechnikov, Cholowski, Hronek and Saarijarvi for Aho? I don't even think I'd do that, and that's likely worst case haul in that scenario...

26 minutes ago, The 91 of Ryans said:

I was lead to believe that Kapanen's all but signed in Toronto

Yeah, there's been talk that he will be signed for around $3.4M, but until the contract is signed, a team can still submit an offer sheet. I'd be comfortable signing him for around $4M, and give up a 2nd round pick.

Make Offer front loaded contract 20+ mill in 12 months a possibility  ... owner freaks out ... make an offer

athanasiou + svechnikov + glendening +kotkansalo + petruzzelli + 2021 3rd from Vegas 

for aho + Faulk 

maybe the owner sees all the pieces and thinks f***  paying a single guy 9+ for 5 years ... deal actually happens we keep Faulk and he along with green if they have solid capable seasons like they can we can fetch two firsts for them for 2020

very unlikely to happen this scenario but I’d do something like this otherwise stay status quo ... and for the record I think Carolina would match any offer cause they have no choice , they don’t want to piss off whatever fan base they have left 

Edited by nyqvististhefuture

10 hours ago, xault said:

Does it have real names of players in nhl teams?

No, there is a secondary company called "The Blue Line", or TBL for short, that makes rosters. You have to download or subscribe to their roster after the fact which will provide player names, accurate stats, and everything you need. Fans seem to have universally decided that TBL is the best roster provider, and I would agree. They spend an ungodly amount of time developing player stats and rosters... so when you scout some random Ukranian 17 year old your first season it's actually pretty accurate to that specific player. They have fans around the globe who help contribute to the player database. It's super deep.

The only thing I don't like about the TBL roster is Bertuzzi usually ends up a career 3rd/4th liner. Other than that I think they nailed the current Wings to a T. Larkin is a beast in the game by age 25.

The only thing I downloaded besides the TBL roster is face packs for staff and players. Basically a fan just compiled a huge database of photos so you have something to look at when you click on people. It's nice.

If you buy the game through the Steam platform for PC you can just subscribe to these facepacks and rosters and they will automatically update your game as new things are added to it. It's super easy that way if you're not technically inclined.

Edited by ChristopherReevesLegs

31 minutes ago, The 91 of Ryans said:

Image result for what gif

Hahaha that’s why I said if the owner saw the quantity and thought to himself I ain’t paying 20 mill in 12 months lol

athanasiou if goes on another 30 goal compaign would be a nice get , reuniting the svhecnikov bro’s another ... after that wouldn’t know what to add to make a deal happen .... but again aho will stick around , Can’t see any of the rfa’s moving 

I've been seeing articles about which teams can sign Marner. With the Leafs creating a mess with their cap signing Tavares, I can see Marner signing elsewhere. He's worth giving up four 1st round picks.

6 minutes ago, Barrie said:

I've been seeing articles about which teams can sign Marner. With the Leafs creating a mess with their cap signing Tavares, I can see Marner signing elsewhere. He's worth giving up four 1st round picks.

Marner isn't going anywhere. If he does, he's a f***ing idiot. He grew up a die hard Leafs fan, despite the team being s*** his entire life. He's a key piece that can finally turn that team around. At what point do you put money on the back burner, and make the decision to do something every Ontario kid (Leafs fan) fantasized doing growing up... Does anyone really think he's going to give all that up over a few millions bucks, when he's already all but guaranteed to make around 100 million in his career?... I don't...

41 minutes ago, Barrie said:

Been hearing islanders and it could be the perfect stick it to the leafs scenario lol they took Tavares and fired Lou so could be a destination but I don’t think he’s gonna leave his hometown  team in the end 

19 minutes ago, nyqvististhefuture said:

Been hearing islanders and it could be the perfect stick it to the leafs scenario lol they took Tavares and fired Lou so could be a destination but I don’t think he’s gonna leave his hometown  team in the end 

That would be Le Epic.

9 minutes ago, F.Michael said:

Yup, and they still need to splurge on Marner...Whatever they have left they'll have to spend it on Johansson/Kapanen, and a handful of Dmen.

Yerp. Basically if Jo/Kap both sign for what they're expected to, and Marner signs for 10M (conservative estimate) they will be 2.5M over the cap and in need of one D. 

5 minutes ago, The 91 of Ryans said:

Yerp. Basically if Jo/Kap both sign for what they're expected to, and Marner signs for 10M (conservative estimate) they will be 2.5M over the cap and in need of one D. 

I hope Marner is a lil'greedy c**t, and gets $11 plus million...F**ks up the roster for the foreseeable  future :lol:

Image result for game over gif aliens

Edited by F.Michael

5 minutes ago, The 91 of Ryans said:

Nylander to Buffalo for Montour and a pick..

7 minutes ago, F.Michael said:

Seems reasonable...Although if I'm Buffalo I'd rather send Bogosian to Toronto instead :lol:

Absolutely. No way that gets it done though.

2 minutes ago, The 91 of Ryans said:

This year's RFA and UFA spree is going to make Nylander's contract good value for the Leafs

Maybe. I think Nylander is overrated though, and a team with Matthews, Tavares and Marner should be able to afford to trade Nylander for help on the back end...

I hope this whole situation blows up in Dubas' face though... F*** the Leafs...

Last thing I wanna do is help the leafs but in thinking of bettering ourselves first .... heard Vegas wants to get rid of Colin Miller to save cap space so surely they won’t be demanding for the moon , He’s a pretty solid d what if we got him ate 50% that would be a solid d for the leafs and at less than 2 mill x 3 Years a valuable contract which could surely get us a 2020 2nd and 2021 1st in some type of deal no? 

Lets get some picks already 

Edited by nyqvististhefuture

12 minutes ago, krsmith17 said:

Absolutely. No way that gets it done though.

Maybe. I think Nylander is overrated though, and a team with Matthews, Tavares and Marner should be able to afford to trade Nylander for help on the back end...

I hope this whole situation blows up in Dubas' face though... F*** the Leafs...

Yeah - that suggestion was made in jest - with Bogosian's injury history there's no way the Leafs are that dumb ...:confused1:

With the emergence of both Kapanen/Johnsson - Nylander should be trade bait - however it would be after he gets his bonus $$$...Too bad Dubas made the comment about keeping these guys all together...There's really no easy way outta this mess.

Just remembered...Nylander's lil'bro Alex plays for the Sabres...Hmm.

Edited by F.Michael