• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Bring Back The Bruise Bros

News From Around the NHL *Mod warning page 75*

Rate this topic

4 minutes ago, Jonas Mahonas said:

Nielsen (50% retained) and Green (50% retained) for Gusev.

Ummm no

with any luck green will fetch a first at the deadline + Vegas are trying to shed salary they’d probably want high picks/prospects which I wouldn’t give up for a 27 yr old Russian who’s played 0 games in the nhl 

It would take around a second round pick at most to get Gusev, if he wants 4 mill per year. He's an RFA, so a second round pick would be the compensation at that price tag. If a team trades for him, it'll likely cost around that value.

Wonder if we could get away with trading them the caps 2nd round pick next year, or a couple thirds across the next two years, rather than offer sheet and lose our second which should be a top 40 pick. 

2 minutes ago, amato said:

It would take around a second round pick at most to get Gusev, if he wants 4 mill per year. He's an RFA, so a second round pick would be the compensation at that price tag. If a team trades for him, it'll likely cost around that value.

Wonder if we could get away with trading them the caps 2nd round pick next year, or a couple thirds across the next two years, rather than offer sheet and lose our second which should be a top 40 pick. 

I'd honestly have no problem losing a Top40 2nd. Gusev is like the best player not currently in the NHL. His floor is probably like 60 pts.

Considering 2020 will be the best draft in god knows how long and we managed to get berggren and mcisaac 2 years ago I have no interest in departing with a 2nd round pick for a 27 yr old 5’9 Russian player with 0 nhl games played 

the most I’d personally do is give back to Vegas their 2021 3rd round pick so in the end it would be Tatar for veleno,mastrosimone and gusev ... that’s the most I’d do

Edited by nyqvististhefuture

6 minutes ago, nyqvististhefuture said:

Considering 2020 will be the best draft in god knows how long and we managed to get berggren and mcisaac 2 years ago I have no interest in departing with a 2nd round pick for a 27 yr old 5’9 Russian player with 0 nhl games played 

the most I’d personally do is give back to Vegas their 2021 3rd round pick so in the end it would be Tatar for veleno,mastrosimone and gusev ... that’s the most I’d do

He's 5'11"

12 minutes ago, The 91 of Ryans said:

Hurricanes Will Officially Match Aho Offer Sheet

No surprise really. But hey, it got people talking right?

Bergie's going to have to inject some more horse juice into his wang I guess to compensate for this latest dumbass move

This guy slaps your girlfriends ass. What do you do?

Screen-Shot-2018-08-29-at-8.31.44-AM.png

9 minutes ago, ChristopherReevesLegs said:

This guy slaps your girlfriends ass. What do you do?

Screen-Shot-2018-08-29-at-8.31.44-AM.png

I say "look over there! that guy dresses more stylishly than you" 

Then I kick him in his (obviously) micro peen. 

Edited by The 91 of Ryans

34 minutes ago, nyqvististhefuture said:

Your overvalue of picks is absurd. 2nd round picks are valuable, sure, but if you can get a 26 year old right-handed winger (fills a huge need) that has been one of the best players outside the NHL the past several seasons, you do it. Why wouldn't you? Because we might draft a player that might become as good as him in 3+ years from now? That's crazy... 

2 minutes ago, nyqvististhefuture said:

Damn you hockeydb 

I’d still only give up a 3rd back , still unproven nhl player seen too many Russian punks come by and bust , Panarin is the only exception thus far 

Definitely a risk, but he has pretty much performed to the level or higher that Panarin did in the KHL.

1 minute ago, The 91 of Ryans said:

I say "look over there! that guy dresses more stylishly than you" 

The I kick him in his (obviously) micro peen. 

I'd imagine the guy you're pointing at is Subban.
PK responds "What? Cause I'm black?"

What do you do?

28 minutes ago, krsmith17 said:

Your overvalue of picks is absurd. 2nd round picks are valuable, sure, but if you can get a 26 year old right-handed winger (fills a huge need) that has been one of the best players outside the NHL the past several seasons, you do it. Why wouldn't you? Because we might draft a player that might become as good as him in 3+ years from now? That's crazy... 

Absurd? Last I checked that’s the best way for a team to rebuild 

he’s 27 when the season starts and how do you know he’s going to provide a huge need? He’s played 0 games , the fact that you’d so willingly throw away 2nds for an unproven 27 yr old is absurd .... would you trade berggren or mcisaac for him? Cause I sure as f*** wouldn’t 

you counting on one of the best players outside the nhl who’s 27 is absurd , We’ve seen a ton of those guys come and go , Panarin is the only one who’s succeeded and that’s a fact , I’m not making s*** up

he might turn out to be an ok player but I’m not gonna go crazy for a 27 yr old with 0 nhl experience 

27 minutes ago, ChristopherReevesLegs said:

Definitely a risk, but he has pretty much performed to the level or higher that Panarin did in the KHL.

I'd imagine the guy you're pointing at is Subban.
PK responds "What? Cause I'm black?"

What do you do?

Panarin also came up at like 24 not 27 so I’d say Panarin was ahead of him in the khl with him having less experience , plus we’ve seen a lot of khl stars come and gone and Panarin has been the only success story , doesn’t give me much confidence that  gusev will be a 50-75 pt guy 

Edited by nyqvististhefuture

5 minutes ago, nyqvististhefuture said:

he’s 27 when the season starts and how do you know he’s going to provide a huge need? He’s played 0 games , the fact that you’d so willingly throw away 2nds for an unproven 27 yr old is absurd .... would you trade berggren or mcisaac for him? Cause I sure as f*** wouldn’t 

you counting on one of the best players outside the nhl who’s 27 is absurd , We’ve seen a ton of those guys come and go , Panarin is the only one who’s succeeded and that’s a fact , I’m not making s*** up

he might turn out to be an ok player but I’m not gonna go crazy for a 27 yr old with 0 nhl experience 

Panarin also came up at like 24 not 27 so I’d say Panarin was ahead of him in the khl with him having less experience , plus we’ve seen a lot of khl stars come and gone and Panarin has been the only success story , doesn’t give me much confidence with gusev to be a 50-75 pt guy 

Gusev wears #97 which is a cool number

Top that dingus

37 minutes ago, nyqvististhefuture said:

Panarin also came up at like 24 not 27 so I’d say Panarin was ahead of him in the khl with him having less experience , plus we’ve seen a lot of khl stars come and gone and Panarin has been the only success story , doesn’t give me much confidence that  gusev will be a 50-75 pt guy 

LOL yes, I would trade Berggren for Gusev. Wouldn't think twice actually. What else ya got?

3 minutes ago, krsmith17 said:

LOL yes, I would trade Berggren for Gusev. Wouldn't think twice actually. What else ya got?

What else I got ? You realize just cause you would doesn’t make it the right move ? We have a difference of opinion , doesn’t mean your right automatically 

Wings were also really high on berggren and were gonna draft him at 30 so I’m pretty f***en sure they wouldn’t deal him for a 27 yr old with no experience regardless how many times thinking of him in a wings jersey gets you hard 

7 minutes ago, GMRwings1983 said:

Bergevin was certainly no fighter in the NHL.  Not afraid of him at all.  

I don't have a girlfriend, though.  

But see, I also was certainly no fighter in the NHL, so that just resets the balance to insanely jacked guy vs gets winded after one lap around ice guy.  I’d proceed with measured caution.