• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Bring Back The Bruise Bros

News From Around the NHL *Mod warning page 75*

Rate this topic

8 minutes ago, nyqvististhefuture said:

What else I got ? You realize just cause you would doesn’t make it the right move ? We have a difference of opinion , doesn’t mean your right automatically 

Wings were also really high on berggren and were gonna draft him at 30 so I’m pretty f***en sure they wouldn’t deal him for a 27 yr old with no experience regardless how many times thinking of him in a wings jersey gets you hard 

No, I'm pretty sure anyone with a different opinion than you, means they're automatically right... :lol:

jonatanberggrenisthefuture

8 minutes ago, krsmith17 said:

No, I'm pretty sure anyone with a different opinion than you, means they're automatically right... :lol:

jonatanberggrenisthefuture

Ya this coming from the guy who’s always getting into arguments with anyone who doesn’t agree with his almighty brain 

tradingawayeverythingfornobodiesisthefuture

Can anyone tell me how to change my nick to nikitagusevisthefuture? .. I might have to change my nick again next April though

Edited by nyqvististhefuture

Someone just tweeted our that Vegas has 2.5 left to sign mighty gusev,subban,schuldt,engelland

If they don’t move gusev who’s the likely guy gone ? Ryan reaves has one year left at 2.775 I’d say might be a target , didn’t someone give up a first for him at the deadline? Can be a nice trade deadline bait 

28 minutes ago, nyqvististhefuture said:

Ya this coming from the guy who’s always getting into arguments with anyone who doesn’t agree with his almighty brain 

tradingawayeverythingfornobodiesisthefuture

Can anyone tell me how to change my nick to nikitagusevisthefuture? .. I might have to change my nick again next April though

LOL I was just f***ing with you. I just find it hilarious how you think draft picks are the be all end all...

11 minutes ago, krsmith17 said:

LOL I was just f***ing with you. I just find it hilarious how you think draft picks are the be all end all...

Dude , who have we attracted here in the last ten years? This isn’t the 90s anymore , the only way to get star players now is to draft them, nobody wants to come to Detroit worth signing , hence us getting  the nielsens of the world 

that 2nd round pick can be a valuable player , look at this year with kaliyev who dropped,brink,Lavoie etc... veleno two years ago , yes late 2nd but if we didn’t have that pick maybe he falls to us at 33(we’ll never know)

for all we know we might be pick 32 next year in Yes i know I’ve said it plenty times ... in a very deep draft , so I’d like to add and not subtract and surely not for a 27 yr old with 0 games played who still might end up being average or a bust or just decide f this bs I’m going back home, now the 2021 3rd Vegas gave us? Sure I’d consider that since it’ll most likely be an 80-92 pick 

I just know the only way to turn this team around  is with those early picks 

17 minutes ago, nyqvististhefuture said:

Dude , who have we attracted here in the last ten years? This isn’t the 90s anymore , the only way to get star players now is to draft them, nobody wants to come to Detroit worth signing , hence us getting  the nielsens of the world 

that 2nd round pick can be a valuable player , look at this year with kaliyev who dropped,brink,Lavoie etc... veleno two years ago , yes late 2nd but if we didn’t have that pick maybe he falls to us at 33(we’ll never know)

for all we know we might be pick 32 next year in Yes i know I’ve said it plenty times ... in a very deep draft , so I’d like to add and not subtract and surely not for a 27 yr old with 0 games played who still might end up being average or a bust or just decide f this bs I’m going back home, now the 2021 3rd Vegas gave us? Sure I’d consider that since it’ll most likely be an 80-92 pick 

I just know the only way to turn this team around  is with those early picks 

What do the 90's have to do with anything? We're talking about a trade, not a free agent signing. You're naming a bunch of players that might pan out someday. How are any of those players or players that we could potentially draft in the 2nd round next year any more likely to become anything over Gusev? You keep talking about how he's a player that has "played 0 games in the NHL". What does that have to do with anything? None of these future 2nd round picks have either. Gusev hasn't played in the NHL because up until now he hasn't wanted to, not because he's not skilled enough...

Regarding the bold, that couldn't be further from the truth. Drafting is one way to improve your team, but it isn't and shouldn't be the only way to improve your team. You also need to make smart trades, and sprinkle in some free agent signings. This would be a very smart trade in my opinion. Sure, he could be a bust, and we're out a 2nd round pick. Or he could be a boom, and we get something we could have only hoped for with that 2nd round pick. It's a gamble, like any trade, but in my opinion, it would be relatively low risk.

Wasn't Gusev a very highly ranked 1st rounder at one point? He only went in the 7th to Tampa because he said he didn't wanna play in the NHL.

Gusev is currently projected to be a point per game player in the NHL by the translation factor for the KHL (0.804).
Berggen is currently projected to be a 15 pt player in the NHL by the the translation factor for the SHL (0.596).

Berggren is a kid who still has a lot of developing to do. He might become a 60+ pt player, a 30 pt player, a 15 pt player, or he might not make the NHL at all.
Gusev is a fully developed player who nearly broke the KHL scoring record this year (missed by 3 pts).

This shouldn't be an argument at all IMO. I'm taking Gusev over Berggren without hesitation and twice on Sunday.

Shipachyov is a good indicator of what can go wrong with Gusev type player. He was promised a spot on their NHL roster but was sent to the AHL after only 3 games. THREE GAMES. Really dumb decision by VGK IMO, but I also understand their POV. They were winning and everything was clicking except for Shipachyov. Had they not been winning I think they would have given him a lot more slack and time to settle into his NHL role. But they exhibited shockingly little patience, and Shipachyov felt lied to and unfairly treated so he returned immediately to Russia instead of reporting to the AHL.

Personally I think Shipachyov needed more time to acclimate because he plays center. Panarin didn't have that level of responsibility hoisted immediately on him and was able to jump right in and play his game. Gusev also plays wing.

44 minutes ago, krsmith17 said:

What do the 90's have to do with anything? We're talking about a trade, not a free agent signing. You're naming a bunch of players that might pan out someday. How are any of those players or players that we could potentially draft in the 2nd round next year any more likely to become anything over Gusev? You keep talking about how he's a player that has "played 0 games in the NHL". What does that have to do with anything? None of these future 2nd round picks have either. Gusev hasn't played in the NHL because up until now he hasn't wanted to, not because he's not skilled enough...

Regarding the bold, that couldn't be further from the truth. Drafting is one way to improve your team, but it isn't and shouldn't be the only way to improve your team. You also need to make smart trades, and sprinkle in some free agent signings. This would be a very smart trade in my opinion. Sure, he could be a bust, and we're out a 2nd round pick. Or he could be a boom, and we get something we could have only hoped for with that 2nd round pick. It's a gamble, like any trade, but in my opinion, it would be relatively low risk.

In the 90s we could sign any free agent we wanted to , throw as much money and had no problem getting people here .... that’s no longer the case 

I’m naming players that might pan out some day? Just like you are with gusev?cause you seem to think he’s this sure hit yet he hasn’t done f*** all yet at the tender age of 27 .... what does him having played 0 games have to do with Anything ?how about everything ? Your s***ting on kids we haven’t drafted yet saying they might not play and yet your talking highly of a guy who’s like a decade older with 0 nhl experience ... ya that’s makes absolute sense , he’s had good numbers in the khl good for him , so have a lot of guys who have come and gone and done nothing 

I’m not as convinced as you seem to be that he’s gonna get these great numbers , for all we know he might be back in the khl in 2 years , and  we both know if we got him he won’t he’ll this team get in the playoffs this year or next , he’s not an nhl star player 

yes drafting isn’t the only thing you can do but did you miss the part where I said nobody wants to sign here July 1? When’s the last time the redwings signed a superstar July 1? It’s not happening for us anymore so we have to draft them unless we get lucky and get one in a trade before they break out,teams aren’t easily letting those guys go

i don’t think he’s worth a 2nd given that he’s accomplished nothing and not a worthy gamble since with or without him the wings aren’t going anywhere , just trying to be realistic ... seen our defense? That should be the #1 priority ... now if Vegas wants to take back their 3rd sure , they don’t .... goodluck and see ya 

17 minutes ago, ChristopherReevesLegs said:

Wasn't Gusev a very highly ranked 1st rounder at one point? He only went in the 7th to Tampa because he said he didn't wanna play in the NHL.

Gusev is currently projected to be a point per game player in the NHL by the translation factor for the KHL (0.804).
Berggen is currently projected to be a 15 pt player in the NHL by the the translation factor for the SHL (0.596).

Berggren is a kid who still has a lot of developing to do. He might become a 60+ pt player, a 30 pt player, a 15 pt player, or he might not make the NHL at all.
Gusev is a fully developed player who nearly broke the KHL scoring record this year (missed by 3 pts).

This shouldn't be an argument at all IMO. I'm taking Gusev over Berggren without hesitation and twice on Sunday.

Shipachyov is a good indicator of what can go wrong with Gusev type player. He was promised a spot on their NHL roster but was sent to the AHL after only 3 games. THREE GAMES. Really dumb decision by VGK IMO, but I also understand their POV. They were winning and everything was clicking except for Shipachyov. Had they not been winning I think they would have given him a lot more slack and time to settle into his NHL role. But they exhibited shockingly little patience, and Shipachyov felt lied to and unfairly treated so he returned immediately to Russia instead of reporting to the AHL.

Personally I think Shipachyov needed more time to acclimate because he plays center. Panarin didn't have that level of responsibility hoisted immediately on him and was able to jump right in and play his game. Gusev also plays wing.

First rounder ? Don’t remember him at all ... if he was that means nothing to me since we seen dangle and plenty of formers firsts come and gone , heck Nigel Dawes is lighting it up in the khl as we speak and couldn’t stick around in the nhl 

please don’t bring in chart projection bs into this ,how about the numbers for shipachyov? I don’t pay attention to that stuff  personally if it was that easy everyone would just follow that 

hey that’s fine take him , I wouldn’t and I don’t think we’d trade a guy we were going to take 30th who’s 8 years younger for gusev especially considering we won’t be competing for anything close to a playoff spot next season and probably the one after if we’re being real with ourselves 

I don’t think shipachyov would have been this breakout star if he stuck around regardless .... Panarin was also a lot younger than these 2 guys and simply just better , shouldn’t even be something to think about 

anyways it’s all good you guys like the player I’m not sold on him at all and considering where we are and his age he’s not a good fit imo ... now say if carolina called for example and said give us berggren+svechnikov +32nd pick and whatever for Jake bean it would be something to talk about (not saying it’ll happen) 

for me personally if Vegas wants to get their pick back good take it , that’s what I’d do.. that’s as high as I’d go 

14 minutes ago, LeftWinger said:

Detroit will take Clarkson's contract. it'll cost you Gusev though! Saw that on Twitter....

i think that would work for us!

I think I just saw a fan write that lol not an actual hockey person .... but sure I’d do something like that but don’t think they would 

39 minutes ago, LeftWinger said:

Detroit will take Clarkson's contract. it'll cost you Gusev though! Saw that on Twitter....

i think that would work for us!

This is actually a good idea. Clarkson only has 1 year left and they need the cap. Can't they just LTIR him thou?

24 minutes ago, nyqvististhefuture said:

First rounder ? Don’t remember him at all ... if he was that means nothing to me since we seen dangle and plenty of formers firsts come and gone , heck Nigel Dawes is lighting it up in the khl as we speak and couldn’t stick around in the nhl

So 1st rounders can bust, but 2nd rounders like Berggren can't?

Gusev is the best player in the KHL right now. Berggren doesn't even play full time on his team. One is a lot more of a sure thing than the other.

41 minutes ago, nyqvististhefuture said:

please don’t bring in chart projection bs into this ,how about the numbers for shipachyov? I don’t pay attention to that stuff  personally if it was that easy everyone would just follow that

People do follow it. It's a useful metric and gets updated every year.

Shipachyov was predicted in 2017 to be a point per game player just like Panarin. And Vegas was touting him as their future 1st line C. It's a shame he never really got the chance honestly. Currently Shipachyov is projected to be a 70 pt NHL player.

Is the translation factor an exact end all be all? No, it's just rough best guess at what a player will be like production wise in the NHL. It's formulated based on players switching leagues and their production levels.

Would Gusev immediately step in and have an 80 pt season as projected? I don't know. But I would be thrilled with just a 50 or 60 pt season out of him. I ask myself: Would I trade Berggren for a 27 year old 50-60 point winger like Ryan Dzingel straight up? The answer for me is yes every time. Would you?

1 hour ago, nyqvististhefuture said:

hey that’s fine take him , I wouldn’t and I don’t think we’d trade a guy we were going to take 30th who’s 8 years younger for gusev especially considering we won’t be competing for anything close to a playoff spot next season and probably the one after if we’re being real with ourselves

A 27 year old could be on our roster for the next 8 years or more. I'm not concerned at all about age when a player is 27.

1 hour ago, nyqvististhefuture said:

I don’t think shipachyov would have been this breakout star if he stuck around regardless .... Panarin was also a lot younger than these 2 guys and simply just better , shouldn’t even be something to think about

Based on what? What do you not like about Shipachyov that makes you think he wouldn't have become a productive NHL player given the chance? Panarin might truly be far and away the better NHL player than Shipachyov, but I'm not gonna make that statement based on 3 NHL games played.

15 minutes ago, ChristopherReevesLegs said:

A 27 year old could be on our roster for the next 8 years or more.

He doesn't want a player on the roster for 8 years, that could potentially ruin our lottery chances. He wants a player who will make the team in 8 years, so we can trade him at the deadline. The 2028 draft is supposed to be the best since 2023.

Thefuturefutureisthefuture

23 minutes ago, ChristopherReevesLegs said:

This is actually a good idea. Clarkson only has 1 year left and they need the cap. Can't they just LTIR him thou?

Gusev is the best player in the KHL right now. Berggren doesn't even play full time on his team. One is a lot more of a sure thing than the other.

Shipachyov was predicted in 2017 to be a point per game player just like Panarin. And Vegas was touting him as their future 1st line C. It's a shame he never really got the chance honestly. Currently Shipachyov is projected to be a 70 pt NHL player.

Is the translation factor an exact end all be all? No, it's just rough best guess at what a player will be like production wise in the NHL. It's formulated based on players switching leagues and their production levels.

Would Gusev immediately step in and have an 80 pt season as projected? I don't know. But I would be thrilled with just a 50 or 60 pt season out of him. I ask myself: Would I trade Berggren for a 27 year old 50-60 point winger like Ryan Dzingel straight up? The answer for me is yes every time. Would you?

A 27 year old could be on our roster for the next 8 years or more. I'm not concerned at all about age when a player is 27.

Based on what? What do you not like about Shipachyov that makes you think he wouldn't have become a productive NHL player given the chance? Panarin might truly be far and away the better NHL player than Shipachyov, but I'm not gonna make that statement based on 3 NHL games played.

I'm really starting to think there is a bias against KHL players here... haha

4 minutes ago, ChristopherReevesLegs said:

I just checked the PNHLe stat on Gusev. That metric seems to be much more modest about his production. That has him as a 50-60 pt winger.

Oh, f*** that then. We have enough 50-60 point wingers. Definitely not worth a 2nd round pick...

Alright he's my super secret idea/plan, please tell me if it's completely idiotic:

Step 1: Offersheet Kerfoot for $4,050,000 x 5. If they let him go you only have to give up a 2nd. Either way proceed with step 2.

Step 2: You spin right around and offer sheet Ceci for $4,050,000 x 5. If they let him go you only have to give up a 2nd.

If they give up these players you lose two 2nds but you get two very good young players and you managed to steal the main component from the Zaitsev trade, and half the component of the Kadri trade.

If they match you just saddled them with $8.1 in salary and now they only have like 3-4 mil to sign Marner.

Either way you're forcing Dubas's hand and making him act repeatedly in a short time frame to either keep matching/trading etc when he should be focusing on Marner and other things.

IDK f*** the Leafs

58 minutes ago, ChristopherReevesLegs said:

Of course firsts,seconds can bust just like a 27 yr old kid from Russia with 0 nhl experience can, you can talk about sure things but there aren’t any ... will the wings make the playoffs with gusev? Answer is easily no , we sign him for two years he walks or goes back to khl and berggren is 21 , ya great solid move .... not saying I wouldn’t move him but it sure as hell wouldn’t be for a 27 yr old khl guy , I’d much rather go for a younger played 18-23 range preferably a dman but with svechnikovs injury history and not being impressed by Rasmussen this far I’d rather keep berggren to go along with zadina and veleno for the future 

yes people follow it but im sure people in hockey don’t solely count on that to make decisions ,I’m sure there have been plenty of people with favourable numbers who dissapoined , fact is he hasn’t played a game in the league which is a far superior league so far all we know he can go off and get 25-30 pts 

ryan dzingel ? Easy hard no , there’s a reason he’s not signed yet ... guy is 27 and just recently had back to back 20 goals and stumbled horribly at the end of the season with Columbus so I’m not gonna go ahead and sign him for 4-5 years at like 5 per let alone trade away a top prospect , I know we suck right now but it feels like everyone is trying to fast forward this s*** storm were in when none of these guys will make us get in the playoffs or help us accomplish anything but falling 10-15 pts out of a playoff spot 

A 27 yr old could be on your roster spot but he can also be gone pretty quick, if we’re gonna start targeting  guys just cause the put up points in foreign leagues might as well look at the shl or nla leagues 

Panarin came here as a 24 yr old kid and was one of the more dominating players in the game I’m not gonna say a 31 yr old from Russia would come here and take the league by storm , if he was truly this great player Vegas would have found a way to play him would they not? 

Anyways it’s cool we have a difference of opinion you like the guy more than I do ... would I take a flyer on him? Sure , if we took in like clarksons contract and did them a favour or/and gave them back their 3rd pick type deal ... I’ve seen you boost up mcisaac , pretty sure you wouldnt trade him would you? Why not ?berggren was picked she’s of him , sure you’d say he’s a dman and we need dmen on this roster and yes that’s true but we also have a bunch of new dmen in the pipeline now

anyways I just don’t think it’s a smart move to trade a piece like berggren unless it’s for a younger core guy that can grow up with the team and take us towards the future with hopefully some good results 

49 minutes ago, Buppy said:

He doesn't want a player on the roster for 8 years, that could potentially ruin our lottery chances. He wants a player who will make the team in 8 years, so we can trade him at the deadline. The 2028 draft is supposed to be the best since 2023.

Thefuturefutureisthefuture

As opposed to you who wants to get in the playoffs and get bounced every year first round

gettinginandgoingnowhereisjustsomuchfun

16 minutes ago, ChristopherReevesLegs said:

Alright he's my super secret idea/plan, please tell me if it's completely idiotic:

Step 1: Offersheet Kerfoot for $4,050,000 x 5. If they let him go you only have to give up a 2nd. Either way proceed with step 2.

Step 2: You spin right around and offer sheet Ceci for $4,050,000 x 5. If they let him go you only have to give up a 2nd.

If they give up these players you lose two 2nds but you get two very good young players and you managed to steal the main component from the Zaitsev trade, and half the component of the Kadri trade.

If they match you just saddled them with $8.1 in salary and now they only have like 3-4 mil to sign Marner.

Either way you're forcing Dubas's hand and making him act repeatedly in a short time frame to either keep matching/trading etc when he should be focusing on Marner and other things.

IDK f*** the Leafs

I don't think Kerfoot is worth that, and Ceci definitely isn't worth that. To be honest, I think the Leafs would be more than happy to let both go for 2nd round picks. Neither were key pieces in those trade. The key to both trades was to offload salary, and they did that. Offersheeting two of these players would help the Leafs even more in my opinion. Kerfoot is decent, not spectacular, but Ceci is f***ing bad.

1 hour ago, SwedeLundin77 said:

I'm really starting to think there is a bias against KHL players here... haha

From me ? Guess you weren’t around when I was pushing for podkolzin non stop

18 minutes ago, Jonas Mahonas said:

KRS, you are pwning NIF right now.

Yes I’m so owned lmao ... cause your in agreement with him no doubt ... I feel ashamed  

10 minutes ago, krsmith17 said:

I don't think Kerfoot is worth that, and Ceci definitely isn't worth that. To be honest, I think the Leafs would be more than happy to let both go for 2nd round picks. Neither were key pieces in those trade. The key to both trades was to offload salary, and they did that. Offersheeting two of these players would help the Leafs even more in my opinion. Kerfoot is decent, not spectacular, but Ceci is f***ing bad.

I’m for ******* the leafs over with their cap system but kerfoot is basically a 45 pt guy and not far off from kadri so those f***ers won the deal by a landslide imo and he’ll put up his stats in Toronto which won’t be a hard thing to do with that roster 

59 minutes ago, nyqvististhefuture said:

From me ? Guess you weren’t around when I was pushing for podkolzin non stop

Yes I’m so owned lmao ... cause your in agreement with him no doubt ... I feel ashamed  

I’m for ******* the leafs over with their cap system but kerfoot is basically a 45 pt guy and not far off from kadri so those f***ers won the deal by a landslide imo and he’ll put up his stats in Toronto which won’t be a hard thing to do with that roster 

You wont give up a 2nd rounder for a high percentage 2nd line winger.  Its ridiculous.

12 minutes ago, Jonas Mahonas said:

You wont give up a 2nd rounder for a high percentage 2nd line winger.  Its ridiculous.

He thinks everyone is crazy, but himself... because he's "thinking future"... No one knows what Gusev will become. He could be a complete bust... 2nd round picks on the other hand, that's how you build a team... He's "not making s*** up"...

29 minutes ago, Jonas Mahonas said:

High percentage ? Says a chart?hes got 0 nhl points and is closer to 30 

and do you actually think adding gusev will help us  be a playoff team next year? Year after? If so I don’t know wtf to tell you

Hey Ryan lasch has been at the top of the shl league for years , let’s offer him a contract next 

14 minutes ago, krsmith17 said:

He thinks everyone is crazy, but himself... because he's "thinking future"... No one knows what Gusev will become. He could be a complete bust... 2nd round picks on the other hand, that's how you build a team... He's "not making s*** up"...

No it’s called not being a sheep and looking ahead instead of now , cause gusev is gonna f***en help us compete for playoffs next few years , snap out of it man your just so desperate to get in the playoffs and do nothing 

ya let’s pick up guys who’s never played an nhl game cause he puts pts up in Europe , let’s start looking at the shl league,Czech league etc,,, and target guys who can put up pts 

please

oh and you realize veleno was picked 2 spots before berggren so could have easily been talking about veleno and if we dealt him for a gusev , and today you’d be bitching we dealt veleno away