• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Bring Back The Bruise Bros

News From Around the NHL *Mod warning page 75*

Rate this topic

3 hours ago, ely s said:

It´s still just guess work of someone else, he didn´t say so. Probably he´s just pissed off because they lost some real good D and is thinking about leaving, who knows...

Luckily we don´t have to worry about that, he´s playing(or not) somewhere else

If The Bob-Father is doing the guess work, there may be something there.  He's so inside that he knows before the actual player knows! :lol:

On 9/19/2019 at 8:41 AM, nyqvististhefuture said:

Looked good but Still preseason though so I won’t get too excited though over any one player just yet 

Got white in as well , melnyk trying to save $ and taking gambles on longterm deals now with the kids 

we should be doing that with some kids when possible 

It's almost like he's a legit top6er in NJ already, weird

4 hours ago, ChristopherReevesLegs said:

Simmonds has played one preseason game for the Devils and he played on the 4th line logging less than 10minutes

How long you gonna live in denial?

How long you gonna keep living in this dream world ?he hasn’t even played one nhl game yet and as of now is with the #1 pick , might end up with 40-50 pts for all we know  which would be a nice pick up but far from this big Russian superstar everyone keeps talking about 

you need to calm down abit 

7 minutes ago, nyqvististhefuture said:

How long you gonna keep living in this dream world ?he hasn’t even played one nhl game yet and as of now is with the #1 pick , might end up with 40-50 pts for all we know  which would be a nice pick up but far from this big Russian superstar everyone keeps talking about 

40-50 points isn't anything to scoff at. That's borderline 1st / 2nd line winger production... You said it would be dumb to trade a 2nd round pick for him... Sure, it's only preseason, but he's been great so far. That, on top of his resume from the KHL, and there's no reason to think he won't be a very good top six winger. That's definitely worth a 2nd round pick, and the 2nd and 3rd the Devils gave up to get him.

49 minutes ago, krsmith17 said:

40-50 points isn't anything to scoff at. That's borderline 1st / 2nd line winger production... You said it would be dumb to trade a 2nd round pick for him... Sure, it's only preseason, but he's been great so far. That, on top of his resume from the KHL, and there's no reason to think he won't be a very good top six winger. That's definitely worth a 2nd round pick, and the 2nd and 3rd the Devils gave up to get him.

I didn’t say it was ....well depends on what team , on Ottawa yes on a cup contending team more likely a 3rd line guy point is it’s only pre season so no point getting overly excited. I’ve always liked Pearson who know one anywhere ever talks about and I think he’ll be a redwing and possibly a 3rd line guy but I didn’t get overly excited he got a hat trick, no I’m not saying he’s got more skill or talent I’m just saying I don’t get excited with anything to do with pre season 

anyways either way if we got him it wouldnt make our team that much better to make noise to get in the playoffs if anything it would ruin our draft and we’d up with probably 8-11th pick, I don’t wish anyone to tank and not succeed so I hope he can have an nhl player but I’m not gonna lose any sleep if he gets 65 pts with the devils and we didn’t get him

we have a ton of kids coming all with the potential to be on the top 6 and we’re likely gonna have to deal someone within a year or two Who fans will be upset about.

46 minutes ago, nyqvististhefuture said:

I didn’t say it was ....well depends on what team , on Ottawa yes on a cup contending team more likely a 3rd line guy point is it’s only pre season so no point getting overly excited. I’ve always liked Pearson who know one anywhere ever talks about and I think he’ll be a redwing and possibly a 3rd line guy but I didn’t get overly excited he got a hat trick, no I’m not saying he’s got more skill or talent I’m just saying I don’t get excited with anything to do with pre season 

anyways either way if we got him it wouldnt make our team that much better to make noise to get in the playoffs if anything it would ruin our draft and we’d up with probably 8-11th pick, I don’t wish anyone to tank and not succeed so I hope he can have an nhl player but I’m not gonna lose any sleep if he gets 65 pts with the devils and we didn’t get him

we have a ton of kids coming all with the potential to be on the top 6 and we’re likely gonna have to deal someone within a year or two Who fans will be upset about.

There are more top line wingers in the league that put up 50 points than 3rd line wingers. If Gusev put up 50 points he would be a top 20-30 player at his position every season. But yeah, not worth a 2nd round pick because he would make us marginally better in a season "we need to lose"...

Pearson didn't score a hat trick in preseason, he scored a hat trick in a prospects tournament. Big difference. I like him too, but no one ever talks about him because he's a bottom six prospect. I think he could be a solid 4th line center in a couple years. That's not something that fans generally spend a whole lot of time talking about...

1 hour ago, krsmith17 said:

There are more top line wingers in the league that put up 50 points than 3rd line wingers. If Gusev put up 50 points he would be a top 20-30 player at his position every season. But yeah, not worth a 2nd round pick because he would make us marginally better in a season "we need to lose"...

Pearson didn't score a hat trick in preseason, he scored a hat trick in a prospects tournament. Big difference. I like him too, but no one ever talks about him because he's a bottom six prospect. I think he could be a solid 4th line center in a couple years. That's not something that fans generally spend a whole lot of time talking about...

20-30? Ya ok lol ... there’s 31 teams 4 wingers on the top 2 lines that’s over 120 wingers and you think he gets 50 pts he’s top 20-30? Guess we’ll disagree .... just for example Colin white off the top of my head will be a top line guy this year and will probably get 50-60 and he’s much younger and I’d personally take him over gusev anyday .... point is they’ll be a lot of guys getting +50 pts Who id personally rank over him , again it’s fine but agree to disagree 

and your right I misremembered about Pearson it was a prospect game , my bad but even if he got one now or anyone else I wouldn’t think too much of it being it’s pre season hockey that’s all. As for Pearson I think he can be a third line guy ...that’s fine that people don’t wanna think about him 

Edited by nyqvististhefuture

3 hours ago, nyqvististhefuture said:

"Gusev not worth a 2nd round pick"

*Gusev traded for a 2nd and 3rd round pick*
*Brian Boyle traded for a 2nd round pick*
*Burakovsky traded for a 2nd, 3rd, and prospect*
*Nyquist traded for 2nd and 3rd round pick*
*Johansson traded for 2nd and 4th round pick*

"Wayne Simmonds is a top6er"

*Wayne Simmonds literally isn't a top6er*

19 minutes ago, nyqvististhefuture said:

20-30? Ya ok lol ... there’s 31 teams 4 wingers on the top 2 lines that’s over 120 wingers and you think he gets 50 pts he’s top 20-30?

Scoring 50 pts at RW would have made Gusev the 28th highest scoring RW in the league last year.

Scoring 50 pts would have made Gusev the 100th highest scoring forward in the league last year.

Edited by ChristopherReevesLegs

23 minutes ago, nyqvististhefuture said:

20-30? Ya ok lol ... there’s 31 teams 4 wingers on the top 2 lines that’s over 120 wingers and you think he gets 50 pts he’s top 20-30? Guess we’ll disagree .... just for example Colin white off the top of my head will be a top line guy this year and will probably get 50-60 and he’s much younger and I’d personally take him over gusev anyday .... point is they’ll be a lot of guys getting +50 pts Who id personally rank over him , again it’s fine but agree to disagree 

and your right I misremembered about Pearson it was a prospect game , my bad but even if he got one now or anyone else I wouldn’t think too much of it being it’s pre season hockey that’s all. As for Pearson I think he can be a third line guy ...that’s fine that people don’t wanna think about him 

What does there being 31 teams in the league have to do with anything? Or 4 wingers on the top two lines?...

If Gusev had scored 50 points last season, he would have been the 21st ranked LW or 26th ranked RW. He plays both, not sure what he will be listed as, so yeah, that would make him a top 20-30 player at his position.

I suppose you're going to say there's more to being a top player than just points? That maybe would have been an acceptable argument if you had ever seen Gusev play a game before determining his worth, or lack thereof...

IF he's a 40-50 point producer (good chance he will be at least that), a 2nd and 3rd round pick will end up being an absolute steal for New Jersey...

1 minute ago, krsmith17 said:

What does there being 31 teams in the league have to do with anything? Or 4 wingers on the top two lines?...

If Gusev had scored 50 points last season, he would have been the 21st ranked LW or 26th ranked RW. He plays both, not sure what he will be listed as, so yeah, that would make him a top 20-30 player at his position.

I suppose you're going to say there's more to being a top player than just points? That maybe would have been an acceptable argument if you had ever seen Gusev play a game before determining his worth, or lack thereof...

IF he's a 40-50 point producer (good chance he will be at least that), a 2nd and 3rd round pick will end up being an absolute steal for New Jersey...

Hopefully we can find a team dumb enough to give us a 2nd for AA. That loser only managed 54 pts last year so he's probably not worth a 2nd rounder.

31 minutes ago, ChristopherReevesLegs said:

"Gusev not worth a 2nd round pick"

*Gusev traded for a 2nd and 3rd round pick*
*Brian Boyle traded for a 2nd round pick*
*Burakovsky traded for a 2nd, 3rd, and prospect*
*Nyquist traded for 2nd and 3rd round pick*
*Johansson traded for 2nd and 4th round pick*

"Wayne Simmonds is a top6er"

*Wayne Simmonds literally isn't a top6er*

Scoring 50 pts at RW would have made Gusev the 28th highest scoring RW in the league last year.

Scoring 50 pts would have made Gusev the 100th highest scoring forward in the league last year.

We’re gonna start with this nonsense again after a few pre season games ? Can I come here and ***** nonstop how we should have taken brannstrom over rasmussen if he scores a nice goal?

10 minutes ago, krsmith17 said:

You said he’d be top 20-30 in the league as a winger if he got 50-60 pts ... I’m saying there’s 31 teams x4 wingers first two lines that’s 124 wingers top 2 lines most should be in the 50 ballpark and I’m juts saying gusev wouldn’t be in the top 20-30 

your gonna tell me points alone is what makes a player ? We had datsyuk here and zetterberg you should know that answer already , and you can get at me for not watching gusev but let’s not pretend you’ve seen a ton of his games , watching a few international games doesn’t make you a gusev expert , I find it very Hard to believe your at home watching khl games for gusev 

alright it’s a steal for devils ... good on them , I don’t even know why we’re all this nonsense again cause he scored a goal, good for him and good for the devils 

9 minutes ago, ChristopherReevesLegs said:

Hopefully we can find a team dumb enough to give us a 2nd for AA. That loser only managed 54 pts last year so he's probably not worth a 2nd rounder.

Ya We’d only be so lucky 

11 minutes ago, nyqvististhefuture said:

You said he’d be top 20-30 in the league as a winger if he got 50-60 pts ... I’m saying there’s 31 teams x4 wingers first two lines that’s 124 wingers top 2 lines most should be in the 50 ballpark and I’m juts saying gusev wouldn’t be in the top 20-30 

your gonna tell me points alone is what makes a player ? We had datsyuk here and zetterberg you should know that answer already , and you can get at me for not watching gusev but let’s not pretend you’ve seen a ton of his games , watching a few international games doesn’t make you a gusev expert , I find it very Hard to believe your at home watching khl games for gusev 

alright it’s a steal for devils ... good on them , I don’t even know why we’re all this nonsense again cause he scored a goal, good for him and good for the devils 

Again, it doesn't matter if there are 10 teams in the league or 50, a player that put up 50 points last season would have been the 21st ranked LW. FACT.

When did I say points don't matter? I'm saying that's all we have to base it on at this point. I'm not a "Gusev expert". Which is my point... We know very little about the player, other than a few highlights and scouting reports because it's his first taste of hockey in North America. What we do know is that he produced phenomenal numbers in the KHL, and has continued to do so in the NHL, albeit in a small sample of preseason games. However, there's no reason to believe he's going to all of a sudden regress... 

The bolded... First thing you've said that has made sense regarding Gusev...

8 minutes ago, krsmith17 said:

Again, it doesn't matter if there are 10 teams in the league or 50, a player that put up 50 points last season would have been the 21st ranked LW. FACT.

When did I say points don't matter? I'm saying that's all we have to base it on at this point. I'm not a "Gusev expert". Which is my point... We know very little about the player, other than a few highlights and scouting reports because it's his first taste of hockey in North America. What we do know is that he produced phenomenal numbers in the KHL, and has continued to do so in the NHL, albeit in a small sample of preseason games. However, there's no reason to believe he's going to all of a sudden regress... 

The bolded... First thing you've said that has made sense regarding Gusev...

Thought you were talking about wingers , who’s to say he won’t end up on the right wing? I’m saying there would be more than 20-30 I’m sure that I would easily pick over someone who’s played 0 games 

Because you said I suppose your gonna say there’s more to a player than just points , made it sound as if your were ignoring 2 way play so long as he can get points , anyways .

again, it’s khl and he’s producing in preseason vs mediocre nhler lineups .... the bold was said so you guys would be happy and be quiet about gusev , hoping it works 

33 minutes ago, nyqvististhefuture said:

We’re gonna start with this nonsense again after a few pre season games ? Can I come here and ***** nonstop how we should have taken brannstrom over rasmussen if he scores a nice goal?

Brannstrom sucks bro

36 minutes ago, nyqvististhefuture said:

So then Gusev is worth a 2nd rounder?? lol why'd you change your mind? iTs pReSeaSOn

4 minutes ago, nyqvististhefuture said:

the bold was said so you guys would be happy and be quiet about gusev , hoping it works 

"I was wrong, Gusev is definitely worth a 2nd"

Say it

6 minutes ago, nyqvististhefuture said:

Thought you were talking about wingers , who’s to say he won’t end up on the right wing? I’m saying there would be more than 20-30 I’m sure that I would easily pick over someone who’s played 0 games 

Because you said I suppose your gonna say there’s more to a player than just points , made it sound as if your were ignoring 2 way play so long as he can get points , anyways .

again, it’s khl and he’s producing in preseason vs mediocre nhler lineups .... the bold was said so you guys would be happy and be quiet about gusev , hoping it works 

Ok, so if he's a RW, he would be ranked 26th... Still top 20-30 at his position. I'm sure there are also 20-30 you would easily pick over Kaapo Kakko as well, since he too has 0 NHL games under his belt...

4 minutes ago, krsmith17 said:

Ok, so if he's a RW, he would be ranked 26th... Still top 20-30 at his position. I'm sure there are also 20-30 you would easily pick over Kaapo Kakko as well, since he too has 0 NHL games under his belt...

Yeah I'd rather have Craig Smith over Kaapo Kakko. Smith is top 45 in production at RW and plays smart D. Kakko has never even played an NHL game. Nuff said.

29 minutes ago, ChristopherReevesLegs said:

Brannstrom sucks bro

So then Gusev is worth a 2nd rounder?? lol why'd you change your mind? iTs pReSeaSOn

"I was wrong, Gusev is definitely worth a 2nd"

Say it

Nao Rasmussen sucks 

wouldnt ever have done that deal,got my eyes on the future not in the now  he’d never been in Detroit when were ready to make the playoffs and turn this thing around ... right now it’s basically AA Larkin mantha bertuzzi hronek That will be here in 4-5 years 

nao 

2 minutes ago, nyqvististhefuture said:

Nao Rasmussen sucks

Sure but he's better than Brannstrom

2 minutes ago, nyqvististhefuture said:

wouldnt ever have done that deal,got my eyes on the future not in the now  he’d never been in Detroit when were ready to make the playoffs and turn this thing around ... right now it’s basically AA Larkin mantha bertuzzi hronek That will be here in 4-5 years

You do know Gusev just turned 27 right? He's be 31-32 in 4 to 5 years. AA wiill be 29-30 at that time.

5 minutes ago, nyqvististhefuture said:

nao 

How many points does he need score this season to be worth a 2nd rounder?

31 minutes ago, krsmith17 said:

20-30 at his position in your opinion , don’t make it sound like it’s a fact ... he’s played zero games and I know what your trying to do with kakko which is a bad example , don’t try and pretend to lie to yourself and us and say you’d take gusev over kakko ..... we’re a rebuilding team we obviously would be ranking younger guys with huge upside over a guy who’s close to 30 

drake batherson 20 yr old kid with 20 nhl games , or gusev 27 yr old with 0 games , gimme batherson any day 

1 minute ago, ChristopherReevesLegs said:

Sure but he's better than Brannstrom

You do know Gusev just turned 27 right? He's be 31-32 in 4 to 5 years. AA wiill be 29-30 at that time.

How many points does he need score this season to be worth a 2nd rounder?

Maybe on your nhl20 game 

and do you think he’d be sticking around ? Cause I don’t  .... Yup And I know it’s not a popular opinion but I think when the time comes for yzerman to make a move AA will be gone , unless zadina,veleno,berggren and Hopefully our 2020 pick becomes a bust we won’t have enough spots in the top 6 so I think AA becomes expendable in a deal to get us better 

we’ll see what happens but that’s my opinion , that’s not even counting guys like mastrosimone with upside and if Svechnikov ever wakes up, if Erne has this untapped potential I keep seeing people say online ... bodies will be moved 

i wouldn’t give up the second I told you , we’re a rebuilding team and I’m looking ahead I don’t wanna draft a rasmussen next year so we can have a tingle in our ballsack cause we missed the playoffs by 10 pts instead of 22 

7 minutes ago, nyqvististhefuture said:

20-30 at his position in your opinion , don’t make it sound like it’s a fact ... he’s played zero games and I know what your trying to do with kakko which is a bad example , don’t try and pretend to lie to yourself and us and say you’d take gusev over kakko ..... we’re a rebuilding team we obviously would be ranking younger guys with huge upside over a guy who’s close to 30 

drake batherson 20 yr old kid with 20 nhl games , or gusev 27 yr old with 0 games , gimme batherson any day 

Maybe on your nhl20 game 

and do you think he’d be sticking around ? Cause I don’t  .... Yup And I know it’s not a popular opinion but I think when the time comes for yzerman to make a move AA will be gone , unless zadina,veleno,berggren and Hopefully our 2020 pick becomes a bust we won’t have enough spots in the top 6 so I think AA becomes expendable in a deal to get us better 

we’ll see what happens but that’s my opinion , that’s not even counting guys like mastrosimone with upside and if Svechnikov ever wakes up, if Erne has this untapped potential I keep seeing people say online ... bodies will be moved 

i wouldn’t give up the second I told you , we’re a rebuilding team and I’m looking ahead I don’t wanna draft a rasmussen next year so we can have a tingle in our ballsack cause we missed the playoffs by 10 pts instead of 22 

Cool. How many points does he need to score to be worth a second rounder?