• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
DatsyukianDekes

Chris Pronger to miss remainder of 11/12 season & playoffs

Rate this topic

How many players is this now who have either been taken out for the whole season or have missed huge chunks of times due to concussions and concussion-related injuries? While I think Shanahan's tougher stance on head shots is helping, it's not helping enough. What more needs to be done? Better equipment? I'm not saying send the players out there dressed like the Stay-Puft man, but would it even be feasible to get better helmets at least?

How many players is this now who have either been taken out for the whole season or have missed huge chunks of times due to concussions and concussion-related injuries? While I think Shanahan's tougher stance on head shots is helping, it's not helping enough. What more needs to be done? Better equipment? I'm not saying send the players out there dressed like the Stay-Puft man, but would it even be feasible to get better helmets at least?

A concussion occurs when your brain quite literally rattles around inside your skull. Better helmets or not, the sheer speed and physicality of the game could still have the same jarring results.

hows this work if pronger is out for the rest of his career? are the flyers off the hook for his 35+ contract because it was a concussion that caused retirement?

Flyers have to account for Pronger's cap hit for the remainder of the contract, even if he never plays again.

While I think Shanahan's tougher stance on head shots is helping, it's not helping enough.

sure no, as it doesn't have the power of retrospective jurisdiction...

and it takes time for the sheriff to deliver the message and change the culture of the game. not a single season, I'm afraid. not even two IMHO.

I hate Pronger as much as the next guy, and I'd like nothing more than a chance to kick Crosby in the nuts.

But regardless of the person, the NHL should be filled with the best players in the world. Those player's shouldn't be out because of injuries, they should be playing hockey.

Read on twitter earlier that the philly GM was contacting all teams about a replacement for pronger on D. is this the chance that holland takes to offload one of our d-men? we def got one to spare whether it be ericcson or kindl, or even stuart.

not sure of their contract restrictions though..

I hate Pronger as much as the next guy, and I'd like nothing more than a chance to kick Crosby in the nuts.

But regardless of the person, the NHL should be filled with the best players in the world. Those player's shouldn't be out because of injuries, they should be playing hockey.

Great avatar.

Flyers have to account for Pronger's cap hit for the remainder of the contract, even if he never plays again.

Doubtful, they will place Pronger on LTIR just like they did Hatcher, Rathje, Betts, and Lappy. It's a loophole the flyers have notoriously taken advantage of several times. Pronger will still get his money, but salaray cap wise, Flyers will do themselves no harm. Interesting to see how the next CBA closes, if at all, that loophole.

The Flyers looked horrible today. 6-0 loss to Boston.

With their main man on D gone for the remainder of the year, Holmgren has to have something up his sleeve. Maybe he could pursue Shea Weber? Seems unlikely, but if Nashville feels it is unlikely he will stay, they could pick up a guy like Jakub Voracek in the process. If Giroux is placed on LTIR, Weber's salary would be able to fit, I believe. Matt Walker is making $1.7 million, and he's being scratched in favor of Kevin Marshall, so it seems he could be on the move if a big trade goes down. Maybe Matt Carle is dealt? Who knows the severity of Pronger's concussions. Always a possibility, but who knows. Just tossing it out there :boredom:

Edited by Bring Back The Bruise Bros