• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
stevkrause

Yzerman Lightning Jersey

Rate this topic

Yeah, I've seen the Yzerman Lightening jersey's before. Disgusting, but still not as disgusting as this abortion of a jersey. I still think this is the foulest of all jersey fouls I've ever seen:

kp0zo.jpg

i28rrb.jpg

Don't get me wrong, that is an abomination, but I still think a jersey of a player that never played for your organization is worse... Especially when said player never played anywhere else AND is an icon there...

Just saw a post game with Stamkos on NHL network and some jackass in the crowd was wearing a #19 Yzerman Lightning Jersey... I don't care if he's their GM, that's all kinds of wrong...

At least we know it's not authentic; most sanctioned suppliers won't put names of retired players on jerseys. Still, whoever did this should have said "HELL no" when asked to make it; I don't care who they're a fan of. This is unnatural at best.

I liken this to seeing Gordie in a Whalers jersey.

Uh. A knife to the heart.

O, Stevie, why have you forsaken us?

So the problem is that someone in Tampa is a big Yzerman fan?

We had him for over 22 years as a player, and a few more in management. Can't we at least let Tampa enjoy him for a while until he comes back to replace Holland? :D

Edited by haroldsnepsts

At least we know it's not authentic; most sanctioned suppliers won't put names of retired players on jerseys. Still, whoever did this should have said "HELL no" when asked to make it; I don't care who they're a fan of. This is unnatural at best.

Uh. A knife to the heart.

O, Stevie, why have you forsaken us?

Could have purchased from Shop.NHL.com

So the problem is that someone in Tampa is a big Yzerman fan?

We had him for over 22 years as a player, and a few more in management. Can't we at least let Tampa enjoy him for a while until he comes back to replace Holland? :D

And they have every right to enjoy him... An abomination of a jersey is just not the way...

Yeah, I've seen the Yzerman Lightening jersey's before. Disgusting, but still not as disgusting as this abortion of a jersey. I still think this is the foulest of all jersey fouls I've ever seen:

kp0zo.jpg

i28rrb.jpg

That's fugly. But I guess atleast Chelios played for both teams. Unlike our Iconic Yzerman has only played for the Wings.

kp0zo.jpg

i28rrb.jpg

Imagine how ugly that jersey would look if Montreal was added.

They have a place to get names on jerseys WITHIN the St. Pete. Most likely got it done there I'd imagine since it's just a production line and people wouldn't have had the time to question it. Just take the order and pass it onto the guy with the letters.

That being said I was thinking of getting a Lightning jersey with 'YZERMAN 19' on the back for my girlfriend (she's a Bolts fan), if only to subliminally subvert her to support the Wings. I'll just get her a Vinny one instead. Also, what would you say to this: I'm looking to get a Team USA Jersey with 'HOWARD 35' :D I know he hasn't played for them yet but want one.

They have a place to get names on jerseys WITHIN the St. Pete. Most likely got it done there I'd imagine since it's just a production line and people wouldn't have had the time to question it. Just take the order and pass it onto the guy with the letters.

That being said I was thinking of getting a Lightning jersey with 'YZERMAN 19' on the back for my girlfriend (she's a Bolts fan), if only to subliminally subvert her to support the Wings. I'll just get her a Vinny one instead. Also, what would you say to this: I'm looking to get a Team USA Jersey with 'HOWARD 35' :D I know he hasn't played for them yet but want one.

Didn't he play for US for juniors? I'm pretty sure he did, so that ones OK, but only under those circumstances... A jersey of a player where they never played is never ok...