• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
GoWings1905

Weekend Picks: Week 11 Reminder

Rate this topic

Not a good week for me...not at all.

I guess we are taking the Christmas weekend off as we traditionally do ? If we do, it will effect the results of the dropped 2 weeks as the "0" correct will now be one of our dropped weeks. We'll no longer be able to calculate the overall standings accurately. And what happens if we don't do the contest this coming week but a few people make their picks anyways further throwing off the results ? Is there a way to close the contest for a week ?

I guess we are taking the Christmas weekend off as we traditionally do ? If we do, it will effect the results of the dropped 2 weeks as the "0" correct will now be one of our dropped weeks. We'll no longer be able to calculate the overall standings accurately. And what happens if we don't do the contest this coming week but a few people make their picks anyways further throwing off the results ? Is there a way to close the contest for a week ?

Good thought -- I had forgotten we usually don't pick on Christmas weekend.

After looking at the site, I can make the pool inactive but I'm not real certain what that will do. I can try that out or we may just go ahead and have to pick Friday's games instead.

Good thought -- I had forgotten we usually don't pick on Christmas weekend.

After looking at the site, I can make the pool inactive but I'm not real certain what that will do. I can try that out or we may just go ahead and have to pick Friday's games instead.

with only 11 games this weekend it's probably going to be one of the two lowest scores people will have and with many people probably not playing, maybe it would be easier to just increase the dropped weeks from 2 to 3 if that's possible.But then again that may have been locked in the first week and can't be changed now ?

with only 11 games this weekend it's probably going to be one of the two lowest scores people will have and with many people probably not playing, maybe it would be easier to just increase the dropped weeks from 2 to 3 if that's possible.But then again that may have been locked in the first week and can't be changed now ?

Yeah, it's locked now from changing the dropped weeks. I agree with you that this is likely going to eliminate one of the lowest scored weeks just from the sheer lack of games. The site scores everyone that has signed up for the contest each week so all of us would get a zero if we decide not to pick any games, which I prefer as well.

Only a couple people had submitted picks so far from what I can tell. I may go in and get rid of those if I can find a way to block this weekend altogether.