• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
edicius

Mike Milbury charged with assault

Rate this topic

Well at least he didn't hit him with his shoe.

Seriously though, it sounds pretty bad. I'm trying to reserve judgment until more details come out. It's hard to tell for sure if he was just angry at some kid who was screwing with his son and maybe grabbed him (still inappropriate, but not as egregious). Or if he really lost it and was screaming and shook the kid hard.

Edited by haroldsnepsts

I don't like the lack of details in the story, so there's really no telling if Milbury actually assaulted someone or it's another case of a crazy parent seeing dollar signs.

In this day and age where a parent giving their child a swat on the rear end is considered child abuse, nothing's out of the question.

Definitely need more facts but...

Am I the only one who thinks "shaking" someone isn't exactly the worst crime out there?

My dad "shook" me several times as a kid (I deserved worse, probably :hehe: ) and I'm not terribly scarred by it. Again, I don't want to pass any judgement too soon but I can't help but think the parents of the kid saw it was Milbury, a guy on TV and former sports star, and thought they'd go for it.

If he did this on the ice at a game, I have to think the chances of someone filming it are pretty high, I wonder if any footage will come out?

Am I the only one who thinks "shaking" someone isn't exactly the worst crime out there?

My dad "shook" me several times as a kid (I deserved worse, probably :hehe: ) and I'm not terribly scarred by it. Again, I don't want to pass any judgement too soon but I can't help but think the parents of the kid saw it was Milbury, a guy on TV and former sports star, and thought they'd go for it.

If he did this on the ice at a game, I have to think the chances of someone filming it are pretty high, I wonder if any footage will come out?

I don't think a parent should vigorously shake their child, let alone someone else's child.

There is a difference between being stern and going over the top. This is over the top.

We live in a country where throwing cake at someone is an arrestable offense under the term 'battery'. What do you expect? I'm not condoning anything, just saying...

if that's what happened than #%@& him. get as much money from him as you can.

plenty of witnesses i would imagine - hard to embellish this.

If you put your hands on someone else's kids, I can't imagine what that person must be doing to their own kid or wife.

Apparently there's video evidence, and for me to throw Milbury under the bus - I gotta see it...Until then I'm of the opinion it wasn't as bad as some are saying.

Way too many people out there today in our society of litigation who are looking to make a quick buck by sueing others.

#1) Its Pee Wee Hockey... Ever hear those kids jaw? I have... Milbury needs to let his kid defend himself....

I don't think a parent should vigorously shake their child, let alone someone else's child.

There is a difference between being stern and going over the top. This is over the top.

THIS! :thumbup: if he had a problem with this childs way of talking on the ice... Its really easy.. You walk over to the other bench, and it starts with " Excuse me coach........." If what the kid said was really bad. If its just a little jawing like the article said,

Milbury is just being a ******... wait till his kid gets to the Bantam level and gets his clock cleaned with his head down. ( Since there is no more open ice "body checking" in Pee Wee level anymore)

I would love to see the reaction to that on video....

Edited by Hockeytown_Ryan

Don't care how hard it was, it's NOT HIS KID. Even if shaking were a viable method of discipline- it's not- you don't touch someone else's kid.

Enjoy your firing from VS, Lumpy.

Knowing what we know now about it (not much at all) if he did that to my kid I'd either shake his hand and thank him, or punch him in the nose depending on what exactly happenned. (I've seen him fight, I know I can take him ) If he had it coming to him, then so be it.

At 12 yrs old, there can be a huge size discrepency between kids. If some kid is being an incredible out of control spastic idiot (like the 13 yr old that shot at me while i was paddling a racing kayak then his idiot mom stuck up for him) then I can see an authority figure stepping in for some drastic discipline. There are too many out of control kids because their parents won't do anything about it. (We try to talk to him about it but he just doesn't listen :crybaby: .

And don't get me started on yuppie hockey parents, my God!

My dad never shook any of us, but he sure should have shaken the s*** out of my brother.

I'll be the first one to say he was an idiot if the video shows it.