Photo
- - - - -

How Are The (former) UFA's That We All Wanted Doing?

• Please log in to reply
17 replies to this topic

#1 LeftWinger

LeftWinger

42 years in Detroit! Time to spend the rest in paradise!

• Silver Booster
  • 8,732 posts

Posted 16 December 2011 - 05:15 PM

Ok, we talked about these guys all summer long, none of which were signed by the Wings. Lets see how they are doing thus far and if we are missing out at all...

1. Jusi Jokinen : 4G 15A 19pts.

2. James Wisniewski : 1G 15A 16pts.

3. Kevin Bieska : 3G 11A 14pts.

4. Christian Ehrhoff : 2G 12A 14pts.

5. Jaromir Jagr : 10G 16A 26pts.

6. Brooks Laich : 7G 12A 19pts.

7. Steve Montador : 4G 5A 9pts.

8. Joni Pitkanen : 3G 9A 12pts.

9. Tomas Kaberle : 0G 13A 13pts. (between 2 teams. He does have 4A in 3 games with MTL)

10.Ed Jovanovski : 2G 3A 5pts.

11.Alex Tanguay : 5G 15A 20pts.

and we got:

Ian White : 4G 11A 15pts.

...of course Commie hasn't played enough to even gauge him, Chris Conner either, although he has brought a lot of spunk to this team. Considering the salaries that the defenders we all talked about received, I think we made the right choice with White. I guess the only one I still kinda wish we took a gamble on was Jagr. 26 points would be third on our team right now and who knows what that total would be playing with the best player in the league as his center, Pavel Datsyuk. Hudler is doing just as good as Jokinen and costs a bit less, so it seems that worked out too!

I still hope somehow Holland can get that sniper, but I am not gonna name any names, because I at one time wanted each one of these guys and well, this show's why I am a fan and not a GM! :lol:

also, I didn't put the +/- of these guys, but I will note that alot of them are in the -. As noted last night, Ian White is leading the west at +18 and is having a career year.

Edited by LeftWinger, 16 December 2011 - 05:31 PM.

Don't Be Jealous, But I Live Here...

www.thinkdunes.com

Nestrasil, yes...Cleary....No!

Dump Q and K Now!

#2 hooon

hooon

Hall-of-Famer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,260 posts

Posted 16 December 2011 - 06:34 PM

I am very happy with our team, despite some of the disappointing losses. White was a great steal, certainly wasn't anywhere near my radar when we signed him.

As for your list, the only guy on there who I think could be of use is Jagr, whom I really didn't want us to sign over the summer, didn't think he'd be doing this well.
Posted Image

#3 dat's sick

dat's sick

Fear can hold you prisoner, hope can set you free

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,347 posts

Posted 16 December 2011 - 07:01 PM

It always seemed crazy to me that people doubted Jagr so much before his return to the NHL. I'm not surprised at all he's doing so well.

On the other hand I never expected White to play so great.

All in all I can't complain, Jagr felt like a long shot and Franzen is filling the role of PP sniper pretty well.

#4 Red Wings Addict

Red Wings Addict

This is how I watch Wings games

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,749 posts

Posted 16 December 2011 - 07:22 PM

2. James Wisniewski : 1G 15A 16pts.

I thought his name was Market Value?

#5 GMRwings1983

GMRwings1983

The Killer is Me

• Silver Booster
  • 20,833 posts

Posted 16 December 2011 - 08:17 PM

Zenon Konopka : 2G 2A 106PIM

Brian McGrattan: 0G 2A 39PIM

Edited by GMRwings1983, 16 December 2011 - 09:42 PM.

According to my profile, my reputation is excellent. LOL.

#6 BigWillieStyle

BigWillieStyle

1st Line Sniper

• PipPipPipPip
  • 777 posts

Posted 16 December 2011 - 08:49 PM

[quote name='GMRwings1983' timestamp='1324084634' post='223658

David Clarkson: 9G 3A 57PIM

[/quote]

Don't recall him being a UFA.

#7 GMRwings1983

GMRwings1983

The Killer is Me

• Silver Booster
  • 20,833 posts

Posted 16 December 2011 - 09:41 PM

Don't recall him being a UFA.

Yeah, that's right.

He was a UFA in 2010. I know his name always comes up on this site.
According to my profile, my reputation is excellent. LOL.

#8 martyrme19

martyrme19

4th Line Grinder

• PipPip
  • 315 posts

Posted 16 December 2011 - 10:16 PM

I would like to say that I was probably the biggest proponent on these boards saying that jagr will be worth the risk. I caught a lot of flack from multiple people on here telling me I would be dead wrong. I think there was about 1 other person that was supporting me. I never actually pay attention to who the posters are individually - but I'm sure you know who you are so: na na na boo boo stick your head in doo doo.
Just for the record, the weather today is slightly sarcastic with a good chance of rain.

#9 Buppy

Buppy

1st Line All-Star

• Silver Booster
  • 1,980 posts

Posted 16 December 2011 - 10:51 PM

Most of the players on your list didn't actually make it to free agency anyway.

#10 T-Ruff

T-Ruff

BAMF

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,727 posts

Posted 16 December 2011 - 11:41 PM

I still kinda wish we took a gamble on was Jagr. 26 points would be third on our team right now and who knows what that total would be playing with the best player in the league as his center, Pavel Datsyuk.

He was playing with the actual leading scorer in the league so I doubt it would have been much higher ;)

Would have liked to grab Jagr though, hopefully we can make a splash at the deadline

#11 kylee

kylee

Hall-of-Famer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,462 posts

Posted 17 December 2011 - 04:10 AM

interesting thread to bring up players that so many people fussed about. The only guys I was really interested in bringing here were Jagr and Wisniewski. As horrible as Columbus has been this year, you'd think his numbers would be a little bit better than what they are. Very happy with White so far :] As for Jagr....world class player.

#12 stevkrause

stevkrause

Legend

• Bronze Booster
  • 5,236 posts

Posted 17 December 2011 - 07:27 AM

What about Boyd Devereaux? I hear he's still unsigned... :ph34r:

Edited by stevkrause, 17 December 2011 - 07:29 AM.

All I have to say about Holland and our off-season:

Here in this thread

Here in this one as well

Here in this one too

and finally

Here

Holland is a damn good GM. period.

#13 Red Wings Addict

Red Wings Addict

This is how I watch Wings games

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,749 posts

Posted 17 December 2011 - 09:23 AM

What about Boyd Devereaux? I hear he's still unsigned... :ph34r:

He still plays?

#14 CopenhagenWing

CopenhagenWing

1st Line All-Star

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,247 posts

Posted 17 December 2011 - 12:27 PM

Tomas Fleischmann was a suspect medical history away from being back where he started.

#15 LeftWinger

LeftWinger

42 years in Detroit! Time to spend the rest in paradise!

• Silver Booster
  • 8,732 posts

Posted 17 December 2011 - 12:57 PM

Yeah, I know that the guys I wanted were Wiz, Montador, Jokinen and Tanguay/Jagr. I think for the money Wiz signed for and the comment that he said about Detroit not paying people what they are worth, he should be shoots and ladders above White in scoring, +/- AND PIM's. I bet Columbus will think twice about that signing and I doubt Wiz even finishes his 5 years there. Like stated above, in hindsight, Jagr is the only guy I wish we would've gotten, but doesn't matter right now. This team seems to be gelling quite good for the moment, I am not the biggest fan of Hudler (really? :lol: ) or Franzen, but they are doing quite well and I am happy they are helping the team. I was surprised when they signed White and am very happy with his all-around play. I only wish we could see what Commodore can do, of course if Kindl wasn't doing so well, then we probably would see him. I just wish Babcock would sit Ericsson to shake him up a bit, he needs a kick in the ass. I am still hoping for that deadline deal to push us over the top, if not then I am really hoping for a few different faces here over the summer.

Don't Be Jealous, But I Live Here...

www.thinkdunes.com

Nestrasil, yes...Cleary....No!

Dump Q and K Now!

#16 Detroit # 1 Fan

Detroit # 1 Fan

Truculence.

• HoF Booster
  • 19,060 posts

Posted 17 December 2011 - 06:07 PM

Jagr and Laich were the only 2 we really could've used. Really glad we signed White and he's having a great year, making the Bieksa/Wisniewski contracts look just awful :thumbup:

#NOMOREKINDL

#17 VM1138

VM1138

Legend

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,564 posts

Posted 17 December 2011 - 11:29 PM

Jagr is a huge surprise for me. I thought for sure he'd just be a lazy almost retired KHLer.
Check out my short e-book on the Red Wings' 1937 Stanley Cup championship entitled: "Nothing Could Keep 'Em Down." Please download it from my profile at Smashwords: https://www.smashwor...ile/view/victor

New e-book: The Spanish-American War: A Brief History. Relatively short, introductory read for casual history buffs and people who want to learn more about a forgotten war that changed America. Available at BN.com, Smashwords, Kobo, and Diesel E-Books right now. Same link as above.

#18 martyrme19

martyrme19

4th Line Grinder

• PipPip
  • 315 posts

Posted 17 December 2011 - 11:37 PM

Seriously what the hell - where were all of you who have claimed to have wanted Jagr when everyone else on these boards were calling me an idiot for saying he was worth the risk?
Just for the record, the weather today is slightly sarcastic with a good chance of rain.