• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
LeftWinger

How Are The (former) UFA's That We All Wanted Doing?

Rate this topic

Ok, we talked about these guys all summer long, none of which were signed by the Wings. Lets see how they are doing thus far and if we are missing out at all...

1. Jusi Jokinen : 4G 15A 19pts.

2. James Wisniewski : 1G 15A 16pts.

3. Kevin Bieska : 3G 11A 14pts.

4. Christian Ehrhoff : 2G 12A 14pts.

5. Jaromir Jagr : 10G 16A 26pts.

6. Brooks Laich : 7G 12A 19pts.

7. Steve Montador : 4G 5A 9pts.

8. Joni Pitkanen : 3G 9A 12pts.

9. Tomas Kaberle : 0G 13A 13pts. (between 2 teams. He does have 4A in 3 games with MTL)

10.Ed Jovanovski : 2G 3A 5pts.

11.Alex Tanguay : 5G 15A 20pts.

and we got:

Ian White : 4G 11A 15pts.

...of course Commie hasn't played enough to even gauge him, Chris Conner either, although he has brought a lot of spunk to this team. Considering the salaries that the defenders we all talked about received, I think we made the right choice with White. I guess the only one I still kinda wish we took a gamble on was Jagr. 26 points would be third on our team right now and who knows what that total would be playing with the best player in the league as his center, Pavel Datsyuk. Hudler is doing just as good as Jokinen and costs a bit less, so it seems that worked out too!

I still hope somehow Holland can get that sniper, but I am not gonna name any names, because I at one time wanted each one of these guys and well, this show's why I am a fan and not a GM! :lol:

also, I didn't put the +/- of these guys, but I will note that alot of them are in the -. As noted last night, Ian White is leading the west at +18 and is having a career year.

Edited by LeftWinger

I am very happy with our team, despite some of the disappointing losses. White was a great steal, certainly wasn't anywhere near my radar when we signed him.

As for your list, the only guy on there who I think could be of use is Jagr, whom I really didn't want us to sign over the summer, didn't think he'd be doing this well.

It always seemed crazy to me that people doubted Jagr so much before his return to the NHL. I'm not surprised at all he's doing so well.

On the other hand I never expected White to play so great.

All in all I can't complain, Jagr felt like a long shot and Franzen is filling the role of PP sniper pretty well.

I would like to say that I was probably the biggest proponent on these boards saying that jagr will be worth the risk. I caught a lot of flack from multiple people on here telling me I would be dead wrong. I think there was about 1 other person that was supporting me. I never actually pay attention to who the posters are individually - but I'm sure you know who you are so: na na na boo boo stick your head in doo doo.

I still kinda wish we took a gamble on was Jagr. 26 points would be third on our team right now and who knows what that total would be playing with the best player in the league as his center, Pavel Datsyuk.

He was playing with the actual leading scorer in the league so I doubt it would have been much higher ;)

Would have liked to grab Jagr though, hopefully we can make a splash at the deadline

interesting thread to bring up players that so many people fussed about. The only guys I was really interested in bringing here were Jagr and Wisniewski. As horrible as Columbus has been this year, you'd think his numbers would be a little bit better than what they are. Very happy with White so far :] As for Jagr....world class player.

Yeah, I know that the guys I wanted were Wiz, Montador, Jokinen and Tanguay/Jagr. I think for the money Wiz signed for and the comment that he said about Detroit not paying people what they are worth, he should be shoots and ladders above White in scoring, +/- AND PIM's. I bet Columbus will think twice about that signing and I doubt Wiz even finishes his 5 years there. Like stated above, in hindsight, Jagr is the only guy I wish we would've gotten, but doesn't matter right now. This team seems to be gelling quite good for the moment, I am not the biggest fan of Hudler (really? :lol: ) or Franzen, but they are doing quite well and I am happy they are helping the team. I was surprised when they signed White and am very happy with his all-around play. I only wish we could see what Commodore can do, of course if Kindl wasn't doing so well, then we probably would see him. I just wish Babcock would sit Ericsson to shake him up a bit, he needs a kick in the ass. I am still hoping for that deadline deal to push us over the top, if not then I am really hoping for a few different faces here over the summer.