• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
Bring Back The Bruise Bros

Chicago Blackhawks

Rate this topic

They're 1st in the Central by 3 points (Although we have a game in hand), and 2nd in the conference, 1 point behind the Wild. These guys are lights out when they score first. They're a good faceoff team. Their top guns have been stellar:

Jonathan Toews: 18-16-34 in 32 GP

Patrick Sharp- 17-17-34 in 32 GP

Patrick Kane- 8-23-31 in 32 GP

Marian Hossa- 14-20-34 in 31 GP

Emery and Crawford have proved to be a solid tandem between the pipes.

Now, we have yet to play them this year. Do you guys think the Hawks can make a serious run at the Cup this year? I look forward to the games against Chicago as a real test of where we stand against the other top teams in the NHL right now. It will be interesting how we handle their top guns, as well as our ability to combat Chicago's physical bottom 6, which incudes Dan Carcillo, Jamal Mayers, and Bryan Bickell.

Thoughts?

Yes.

My impression is that the media favors them to come out of the West. They've been there before and their forwards are really clicking. The West has no breathing room whatsoever but the Hawks are a team that for which you can make a good case that they can win it all.

If they somehow find a way to acquire a top 4 dman to solidify their back end then that could make them the clear cut favorites. Just like if the Wings somehow acquire a top six forward.

Yes.

My impression is that the media favors them to come out of the West. They've been there before and their forwards are really clicking. The West has no breathing room whatsoever but the Hawks are a team that for which you can make a good case that they can win it all.

If they somehow find a way to acquire a top 4 dman to solidify their back end then that could make them the clear cut favorites. Just like if the Wings somehow acquire a top six forward.

Agreed. I think as things stand right now, Chicago, Detroit and Boston are the favorites to win the Cup. I don't care how well Minnesota is doing there's no way they get to the Finals.

They're 1st in the Central by 3 points (Although we have a game in hand), and 2nd in the conference, 1 point behind the Wild. These guys are lights out when they score first. They're a good faceoff team. Their top guns have been stellar:

Now, we have yet to play them this year. Do you guys think the Hawks can make a serious run at the Cup this year? I look forward to the games against Chicago as a real test of where we stand against the other top teams in the NHL right now. It will be interesting how we handle their top guns, as well as our ability to combat Chicago's physical bottom 6, which incudes Dan Carcillo, Jamal Mayers, and Bryan Bickell.

Thoughts?

IMO they are a team that should roll through the regular season and have a high playoff position. Beyond that, I'm not sold on them being legitimate cup contenders. Chicago reminds me of the Washington teams the past ~5 years. They are great on paper and in the regular season, but I don't see them winning the cup. They certainly can- they have a better 'chance' than most teams- but I don't see them being more than the sum of their players. My opinions isn't based much on their regular season play, more of a feeling about the team.

Problem right now for Chicago is their defense minus Keith and Seabrook is awful. Way too soft in the defensive end imo and it shows every game. Also Emery and Crawford have been average at best. The thing with them is they are scoring. A lot. And that makes a huge difference. Yes all their top guns are rolling on top gear right now. They are one of the top teams in the West but can be beat. Tough to say. I still think we can beat them. Overall I think our team is better in net, defense, and better depth at forwards. Looking forward to playing them next month finally...

Chicago is decent at best, after the top 4 on there team it falls off big time.

Detroit and Boston I would say have better chances, due to there goaltending and defense.

Detroit - 104 GF 69 GA +35 Goal Differential

Boston - 108 GF 61 GA +47 Goal Differential

Chicago - 107 GF 97 GA +10 Goal Differential

They have the money to do it too, could be an interesting trade deadline both the Wings and Hawks have nice bit of cap space they could spend to.

Thoughts?

lolwut?

I still think they are a very top-heavy team. Once those top forwards go cold, they're in big trouble. They will definitely make the playoffs and likely have a high-seed, but I'm not sold on them being favorites for the cup.

lolwut?

I still think they are a very top-heavy team. Once those top forwards go cold, they're in big trouble. They will definitely make the playoffs and likely have a high-seed, but I'm not sold on them being favorites for the cup.

But compare them to the teams they'd face in the playoffs. I see the doubts about their goaltending and bottom defense, but they have good role players, and no one else in the West really has an all around great team, either. Chicago knows how to win in the playoffs, and a few of their players have a Cup under their belts. They also don't have the "choking" albatross around their heads like Washington, so they play under less pressure. Also, they always seem to win when we dismiss them.

Especially with a trade deadline pickup, they are a threatening squad. Would they beat Detroit? No. Would they beat Minnesota? In a 7 game series, yes. They could beat almost anyone in the West in a 7 game match. As long as they avoid Detroit in the playoffs they could go far.

I would not call Emery and Crawford a solid tandem at all. Crawford has been horrendous this season, and while Emery is getting them wins, he has been less than stellar.

Really the only thing they have going for them is their offense, and if they lose 1 or 2 key players in their offense to injury they are left with very little.

Their defense has been one of the worst in the league all season, and their record (in my opinion) is far better than their actual play. Even Keith makes egregious mistakes nearly every game, though he has been better as of late.

Living in Chicago, I watch all of their games and can tell you they have been mediocre for the majority of the season, every once in a while putting on a win streak like the current one.

As for their "physical bottom 6", I don't buy that at all. They have a bunch of aging goons who take far too many penalties in Carcillo and Meyers... Bickel has been worthless disappointment for them and doesn't muck it up or score much offense like expected... John Scott is barely a hockey player let alone an NHLer... and their other pickups in Brunette, Montador, O'Donnell, and Lepisto have proven to be nothing more than over-the-hill defensive liabilities.

They are an above average team, but they don't scare me at all. Their record will come back down to earth before the season ends.

Of course they are.

They won it before with a goalie no one ever heard of, and they're stacked at the forward position. Defensive depth may not look great, but they can still make some moves to improve their team before the playoffs.

We match up better against them than we do against the Sharks (who ironically don't match up well with Chicago), but it would be a tough series.

Of course they are.

They won it before with a goalie no one ever heard of, and they're stacked at the forward position. Defensive depth may not look great, but they can still make some moves to improve their team before the playoffs.

We match up better against them than we do against the Sharks (who ironically don't match up well with Chicago), but it would be a tough series.

I would love to play the Sharks right now while the Wings are rolling. I bet that would go well.

I think their record thus far is a fluke. They put up a lot of goals, but get scored on a ton too. Their defense and goaltending are very suspect. I'm assuming they'll start dropping in the standings when one or more of their forwards get in a slump.

Thoughts?

Seriously? They are 20th in the league in GAA. Crawford has an .896 save percentage and Emery has a .909 save percentage. How on earth do you think that they are "solid"?

Their PK is 27th.

They've given up 96 goals. Compare that to Detroit who have given up 69. I can't wait to play them so we can light them up. A run at the Cup? hahah

If Emery stops playing well, the Hawks are in deep trouble.

This. In the OP, I made it sound like Crawford and Emery have been lights out. Crawford and Emery have been playing well enough to get them by, not spectacular. With Seabrook out indefinitely after taking a cheap shot from Rene Bourque, there is no doubt that their defense is their problem, now. They allow 29.1 shots on goal/game. If their offensive firepower is stifled, and they are forced to win close games, their defense and goaltending may let them down.

They're on a 5 game winning streak. 4-2 win over Calgary earlier. Emery faced 24 shots tonight.

This. In the OP, I made it sound like Crawford and Emery have been lights out. Crawford and Emery have been playing well enough to get them by, not spectacular. With Seabrook out indefinitely after taking a cheap shot from Rene Bourque, there is no doubt that their defense is their problem, now. They allow 29.1 shots on goal/game. If their offensive firepower is stifled, and they are forced to win close games, their defense and goaltending may let them down.

They're on a 5 game winning streak. 4-2 win over Calgary earlier. Emery faced 24 shots tonight.

Here's the 5 ganme win streak; They beat the Islanders in OT, San Jose in OT, Minnesota in a shootout,Anaheim and Calgary in regulation. 2 regulation wins against non-playoff teams, an OT win against another non-playoff team, an OT win against the Sharks and a shootout win against Minny. I'm not impressed

Here's the 5 ganme win streak; They beat the Islanders in OT, San Jose in OT, Minnesota in a shootout,Anaheim and Calgary in regulation. 2 regulation wins against non-playoff teams, an OT win against another non-playoff team, an OT win against the Sharks and a shootout win against Minny. I'm not impressed

We couldn't beat Minny or San Jose this season at all, so I wouldn't be talking.

A winning streak is a winning streak. This isn't college basketball you know.

Edited by GMRwings1983

Guest Crymson

We couldn't beat Minny or San Jose this season at all, so I wouldn't be talking.

A winning streak is a winning streak. This isn't college basketball you know.

Um, really? Well, I guess

happened in another dimension, then.