• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
Bring Back The Bruise Bros

Chicago Blackhawks

Rate this topic

Chicago is exactly like the capitals. Solid top 4 but no depth and terrible goaltending. They will do nothing in the playoffs. Teams like Boston, new york, Vancouver and Detroit are legitimate cup contenders

Edited by wingsfan4795

After listening to the first two periods on last night's game on WGN (radio), I think that Troy Murray, former Blackhawk who is the colour man on the broadcasts, can exercise one of the following options:

1) Come out of retirement and lace 'em up as a player

2) Come out of retirement and lace 'em up as an official

3) Shut the hell up.

I hate the Blackhawks, but it's pretty clear their top forwards are much better than ours as a collective unit. I don't like their depth as much, however it's tough to match their firepower up front with Toews, Hossa, Sharp and Kane. As mentioned last night, they have the cap space to make moves as well.

You have to appreciate the Red Wings edge on defense and in goal at least, though Crawford has turned it around lately. I think it would be a very intense and long playoff playoff series should the two meet, although I would like the Red Wings chances much better with another any goal scorer around. That goes for any opponent really, but especially against top-tier teams like the Blackhawks, Canucks and Sharks.

Um, really? Well, I guess

happened in another dimension, then.

Yeah, I'm sure the Wild are real disappointed with that one point they didn't get in three meetings so far.

Edited by GoWings1905

As much as I hate to admit it I have to say yes. The Blackhawks are definetly very serious Cup Contenders. They have a solid line-up and things are really happening for them. Their top players are playing like they should and they are getting offense when they need it from their 3rd and 4th lines. Goaltending is pretty strong so I'd have to say yes Chicago could definetly win the Cup this season. Put I'm crossing my fingers that they won't.

I just want the hockey gods to somehow line up Chicago with Vancouver in the final 4 in the West (us being in the other semi) and then have the Hawks take the Canucks out .... :sly: . That would get the folks here so riled up.

Edited by RedWingsRox