• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
Hockeytown0001

12/19 GDT : Red Wings 3 at Oilers 2

Rate this topic

Being a Blues fan, you must be unfamiliar with the way hockey works. The Wings have a game in hand on your team, and your team is only one point ahead. Ergo, your lead is an illusion because of that game in hand.

I don't think Blues fans are familiar with things such as playoff success as they hadn't witnessed any. The Blues fans beat the Wins 2 times and they think they just won the Cup lol!

I can't remember the last time the Blues were relevant at this point in the season?

Aren't we playing the Oilers??

:hehe:

Looking forward to this one! With the Oiler defense being sub-remarkable, I expect the Wings to get right on top of them.

Hope Pavel keeps his point streak going.

Play hard boys.

LGW!!!!

Oilers haven't been as good lately, I'd love to see our road record get better this evening.

:siren: :siren: LGW!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :siren: :siren:

Yea I'm excited for this road trip. I don't think our road record is indicative of how we have played besides for maybe a couple bad losses. With 9 of the next 11 games on the road, we can really turn that record around if we play like we've been.

I don't know if it's just me, but I look forward to every game even more than I did last year.

Last year, you did not know which Red Wing team would show up; they would end up playing catch-up hockey most of the time.

This year is clearly different. I was livid after our loss to Nashville, but now, after I have cooled off, I really can not fault them on

their performance. Yes, they did ease off the gas in the last 5 minutes, but still, an incredible effort. I am not sure if I can

ask much more from a regular season game. To quote Mr. Redmond - "You play like that every game, and boy, you will win 9 out

of 10."

In our last game, against the Kings, about 30 seconds before Mickey mentioned it, I started getting flashbacks of the "Russian 5."

L.A. was playing poorly, but that does not take away from the magic that was induced by the way in which Red Wings passed the puck.

That magic was a big part of why Kings played so poorly.

Last game was truly special in that reminded me just how and why I fell in love with the Red Wings and the game of hockey.

Anyway, the puck-drop time is drawing nearer, the oak-cask rum is starting to flow, and the red sweater is being put on.

Here's to another victory, and to the glory of the red and white.

Red Wing 'till I die.

Maybe the Blues fans should concentrate actually winning a playoff series for the first time in ages and thats assuming they hang on to the playoff spot.

Come on, let's not go to that level.

It'll be exciting the "kid" line, but it'll be even more exciting to win tonight :)

I'll miss the first 1/2 hour but I'll be back for the rest of the game. It'll be nice to hit my birthday at midnight and also be able to celebrate another victory for the winged wheel. Let's go Wings! A hat trick from #40 for my 40th would be nice. ;)

Edited by TheXym