• Please log in to reply
346 replies to this topic

#21 8 Legged RedWing

8 Legged RedWing

Arms... Legs... Whatever.

• Bronze Booster
  • 1,276 posts

Posted 19 December 2011 - 04:12 PM

Maybe you should worry about passing St. Louis in the standings before concentrating on Chicago.

;)

With a win tonight we will. But let's be real here. It's going to come down to Chicago and Detroit in the end.

#22 HelmFan

HelmFan

Rookie

• Pip
  • 145 posts

Posted 19 December 2011 - 04:22 PM

Maybe the Blues fans should concentrate actually winning a playoff series for the first time in ages and thats assuming they hang on to the playoff spot.

since 96/97 the blues have only won 5 playoff series.
since 96/97 the wings have only won 4 stanely cups.

suck it, blue troll

#23 ami

ami

1st Line Sniper

• PipPipPipPip
  • 760 posts

Posted 19 December 2011 - 04:23 PM

would love to see wings chase bullin as they used to on his s***cago days, but a simple win 5-0 will also do.

GO WINGS!!

#24 LeonardSankar

LeonardSankar

4th Line Grinder

• PipPip
  • 251 posts

Posted 19 December 2011 - 05:35 PM

since 96/97 the blues have only won 5 playoff series.
since 96/97 the wings have only won 4 stanely cups.

suck it, blue troll

You also forgot to mention that since that time the Wings have eliminated the Blues out of the playoffs on 4 separate occasions! LOL!

#25 VM1138

VM1138

Legend

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,518 posts

Posted 19 December 2011 - 05:57 PM

Maybe you should worry about passing St. Louis in the standings before concentrating on Chicago.

;)

Being a Blues fan, you must be unfamiliar with the way hockey works. The Wings have a game in hand on your team, and your team is only one point ahead. Ergo, your lead is an illusion because of that game in hand.
Check out my short e-book on the Red Wings' 1937 Stanley Cup championship entitled: "Nothing Could Keep 'Em Down." Please download it from my profile at Smashwords: https://www.smashwor...ile/view/victor

New e-book: The Spanish-American War: A Brief History. Relatively short, introductory read for casual history buffs and people who want to learn more about a forgotten war that changed America. Available at BN.com, Smashwords, Kobo, and Diesel E-Books right now. Same link as above.

#26 LeonardSankar

LeonardSankar

4th Line Grinder

• PipPip
  • 251 posts

Posted 19 December 2011 - 06:22 PM

Being a Blues fan, you must be unfamiliar with the way hockey works. The Wings have a game in hand on your team, and your team is only one point ahead. Ergo, your lead is an illusion because of that game in hand.

I don't think Blues fans are familiar with things such as playoff success as they hadn't witnessed any. The Blues fans beat the Wins 2 times and they think they just won the Cup lol!

I can't remember the last time the Blues were relevant at this point in the season?

#27 haroldsnepsts

haroldsnepsts

"Classy"

• HoF Booster Mod
  • 16,922 posts

Posted 19 December 2011 - 07:21 PM

Aren't we playing the Oilers??

#28 frwtv

frwtv

Prospect

• 34 posts

Posted 19 December 2011 - 07:32 PM

I will be streaming this game at http://freeredwings.tv.

#29 hooon

hooon

Hall-of-Famer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,223 posts

Posted 19 December 2011 - 07:34 PM

Aren't we playing the Oilers??

:hehe:

Looking forward to this one! With the Oiler defense being sub-remarkable, I expect the Wings to get right on top of them.

Hope Pavel keeps his point streak going.

Play hard boys.

LGW!!!!
Posted Image

#30 syntax

syntax

Join the Empire!

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,885 posts

Posted 19 December 2011 - 07:48 PM

Oilers haven't been as good lately, I'd love to see our road record get better this evening.

:siren: :siren: LGW!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :siren: :siren:
The Vladinator He earned the NHL Plus/Minus Award in 1995-96, with a plus/minus difference of plus-60. The +60 has been the highest rating a player has finished with in the past 20 seasons, since Wayne Gretzky finished with a +70 in the 1986-87 NHL season

Pavel Datsyuk > x (where x is the name of any active hockey player)

#31 edicius

edicius

Professional drinker.

• HoF Booster
  • 25,212 posts

Posted 19 December 2011 - 07:59 PM

Walkom AND Watson? Uh oh...

ABV_sig.png

Can't listen live? Check out MoreLikeRadio.org for show archives!

#32 hooon

hooon

Hall-of-Famer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,223 posts

Posted 19 December 2011 - 08:09 PM

Walkom AND Watson? Uh oh...

My thoughts exactly. <_<
Posted Image

#33 8 Legged RedWing

8 Legged RedWing

Arms... Legs... Whatever.

• Bronze Booster
  • 1,276 posts

Posted 19 December 2011 - 08:16 PM

Oilers haven't been as good lately, I'd love to see our road record get better this evening.

:siren: :siren: LGW!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :siren: :siren:

Yea I'm excited for this road trip. I don't think our road record is indicative of how we have played besides for maybe a couple bad losses. With 9 of the next 11 games on the road, we can really turn that record around if we play like we've been.

#34 Crveni

Crveni

Prospect

• 36 posts

Posted 19 December 2011 - 08:48 PM

I don't know if it's just me, but I look forward to every game even more than I did last year.
Last year, you did not know which Red Wing team would show up; they would end up playing catch-up hockey most of the time.

This year is clearly different. I was livid after our loss to Nashville, but now, after I have cooled off, I really can not fault them on
their performance. Yes, they did ease off the gas in the last 5 minutes, but still, an incredible effort. I am not sure if I can
ask much more from a regular season game. To quote Mr. Redmond - "You play like that every game, and boy, you will win 9 out
of 10."

In our last game, against the Kings, about 30 seconds before Mickey mentioned it, I started getting flashbacks of the "Russian 5."
L.A. was playing poorly, but that does not take away from the magic that was induced by the way in which Red Wings passed the puck.
That magic was a big part of why Kings played so poorly.

Last game was truly special in that reminded me just how and why I fell in love with the Red Wings and the game of hockey.

Anyway, the puck-drop time is drawing nearer, the oak-cask rum is starting to flow, and the red sweater is being put on.

Here's to another victory, and to the glory of the red and white.

Red Wing 'till I die.

#35 Konnan511

Konnan511

#FreePulkkinen

• HoF Booster
  • 10,295 posts

Posted 19 December 2011 - 09:17 PM

Maybe the Blues fans should concentrate actually winning a playoff series for the first time in ages and thats assuming they hang on to the playoff spot.

Come on, let's not go to that level.

It'll be exciting the "kid" line, but it'll be even more exciting to win tonight :)
The Best Of BC
HankthaTank
- Squirrels, they hate to be thrown. / Why is the magical unicorn named Brian... Jedi - I just downloaded the "kids" book, "Go the F--k to Sleep" as narrated by Samuel L. Jackson on my kindle. I am now ready to be a daddy. / *Checks Router* No, I'm positive I didn't hit the "Wings Defense Sucks" button. Electrophile - I'm just glad the Wings were able to win despite the Curse of Brian. ACallToArms - I think Trey needs to put something about payroll tax and deferred income in his sig... Edicius - I'd rather [have] a soundbite of me saying "I like (man sausage)" rather than "I like Crosby".

#36 Hockeytown0001

Hockeytown0001

Legend

• HoF Booster
  • 22,619 posts

Posted 19 December 2011 - 09:29 PM

Let's get this one going.

"All done? Five bucks." - Pavel Datsyuk after an interview
"Very few cities in the NHL have the history or the following of the Detroit Red Wings." - Steve Yzerman

#37 ChelisChick

ChelisChick

Cheli's Personal Masseur

• Gold Booster
  • 3,364 posts

Posted 19 December 2011 - 09:31 PM

Alright! Let's do this thing! I expect epic greatness tonight boys!

#38 TheXym

TheXym

Hall-of-Famer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,485 posts

Posted 19 December 2011 - 09:31 PM

I'll miss the first 1/2 hour but I'll be back for the rest of the game. It'll be nice to hit my birthday at midnight and also be able to celebrate another victory for the winged wheel. Let's go Wings! A hat trick from #40 for my 40th would be nice. ;)

Edited by TheXym, 19 December 2011 - 09:31 PM.

It's pronounced "Zim" not "Exim". Aw heck with it, just call me Scott.

#39 ChelisChick

ChelisChick

Cheli's Personal Masseur

• Gold Booster
  • 3,364 posts

Posted 19 December 2011 - 09:33 PM

And here's Murph slurring all over the place. Gotta love him!

#40 WorkingOvertime

WorkingOvertime

Hall-of-Famer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,423 posts

Posted 19 December 2011 - 09:33 PM

"Wings getting a bump from their backend...make up your own joke for that one."

Great start to the broadcast.